• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
Can't really understand if there is a physical release and, if so, if it is esclusive of some store. Can someone enlighten me? Cuase if so, I'll buy it physical when the time comes

Elshoelace

Oct 25, 2017
Been looking forward to this, was going to get on the vita til the nvidia leak happened. Hope its worth the wait!

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Massive fan of Final Fantasy Tactics but never gave Tactics Ogre a shot. I think I'll scoop this on PC in anticipation of mods. I know it's a saying people groan at, but does this "scratch the itch" of wanting more FFT in my life?

It should certainly scratch the itch for the same kind of political Matsuno story, just with less supernatural elements

It doesn't do the job system as well as FFT but I still like the game slightly more overall personally

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
Preordered the Tarot set and switch version on US store. Thankfully they don't charge until close to shipment. $20+ shipping for each item loool

Hopefully it will turn out physical isn't Store exclusive and I can cancel that to get a regular priced copy

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
In my fucking veins. LUCT was the GOTY and I can't wait to play it again

Katmeister

Banned
May 1, 2021
Very weak digital "premium" version haha. Not even a digital artbook!

Do people ever buy these? I get games digitally a lot and I love artbooks but they're one of these things that is better physically for the experience. I read most books as ebooks but an artbook or photobook? You better believe I want that printed on nice paper.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
$50 is actually less than I expected from SE but I'll say it anyway:

Yet more Square Enix greed.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Do people ever buy these? I get games digitally a lot and I love artbooks but they're one of these things that is better physically for the experience. I read most books as ebooks but an artbook or photobook? You better believe I want that printed on nice paper.

i don't mind digital artbooks. but i do prefer physical ones.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mods gonna be crazy, is the steam page up?

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
They released a blog post talking about the game and they confirm the physical edition (if it's store exclusive or not, they don't clear that subject).

We hope you're excited about this upcoming tactical tour-de-force. Tactics Ogre is reborn on November 11, 2022, when it launches physically and digitally for PS5, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam.

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
Ok, Square has the Tarot cards sold separately, so...no bundle for me, but I got what I really wanted.

Now I gotta figure out which version to purchase.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
Mods gonna be crazy, is the steam page up?
In classic Square Enix fashion, PSN, eShop, and XBL (when it applies) pages always get put up within min of announcement along with preorders. Steam page is always days late.

🥴

Maybe they get paid to delay making the Steam page public since they cannot resist a timed exclusivity deal

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
Taxes & shipping cost were more painful than the actual game.

Edit: to mogster7777 & IzzyRX these games can easily be played as separate experiences. They are not all telling parts of one story.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah.

Now please remaster Ogre Battle

Also please let Matsuno make the entire saga lol

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if I will get this day one, but it will be added to my Steam library at some point. Now I just need to wait for FFT and I will be happy.

LD50

Banned
May 11, 2022
It's been 15 years since I played Jeanne d'Arc so my memory is super hazy, but TO and FFT were very clearly the inspiration for that game.
Positioning, Rune drops, and powered squares (Friendly melee unit successfully attacks mob, leaves buff on opposing side) are my main areas of interest. Story was good, but the gameplay mechanics seared the game into my memory.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Is there no way to pre order the physical in Australia?

I tried the europe website and it won't ship here as I can't select it in country and when I google square Enix store Australia, the website doesn't list the game! Any help?

CrunchyFrog

Oct 28, 2017
Ehhhhh, not a fan of the vaseline-filtered (or at best one-shot AI upscaled) spritework look, particularly on the character sprites, but I'm also a crazy person who doesn't mind jagged pixel art or at most a tasteful CRT scanline filter..

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
vtiGrtP.png

the second I saw the thread