• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Also is this works? So as long as it's different people living in the same household you can use 5 different accounts?

That's my understanding of it. Personally I accounted for 3 people in my household, and then I did 2 accounts for my in-laws that live a few blocks away.

If I'm not mistaken, you can substitute/ modify your order to your liking. Of course they'll charge more if you change meat choice but you can make your box better.

Yes indeed, I bought a box today because I actually like this thing a lot when you sub-in chicken and ditch all the sludge they pour on top.

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
Can anyone point me in the direction where to order cards from USPS who have done so? I see postcards, but there's no reference to the actual dimensions. Not sure if they're going to care too much, but who the hell knows.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
It's really weird. Maybe some people are more sensitive to other things, but I eat Taco Bell last the time and have never once had "the shits" or whatever. Yet a single greasy fast food burger or pizza will likely have me needing to poop immediately.

But to be fair, this community has obviously always had an extremely elitist attitude to foodstuffs as you can see in literally any thread about food.
Yeah, I have no idea. McDonald's and the like make me feel awful but Taco Bell has always been pretty good for me. Obviously there are some franchised locations that don't make items appropriately or quickly enough (or are just terrible at customer service), but the one by me is great and super quick. Never had a problem with the food there

Total Cereal

Oct 28, 2017
I always like to go to Taco Bell when they run stuff like this, and I really want the new Elite controller, so I got the double chalupa box and now I want to rant.

First off, I didn't even get the contest box, just the normal box, so I DIDN'T EVEN GET TO ENTER. This could be a sign that, since it's the first day of the contest, a lot of people are getting boxes so they may be out for a bit. I'd recommend waiting a few days or a week before sacrificing your appetite to Taco Bell.

Second, the double chalupa isn't even good. It's okay at best, maybe a 6/10 if you're really hungry. That being said, it's the best thing I've ever eaten at Taco Bell.

Last, I got a Dr. Pepper that defies the laws of physics. It had ice in it, but it was warm the entire time I was drinking it until I got to the bottom where it was cold, but tasteless and flat because of the melted ice. That's some scientific witchcraft.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Last, I got a Dr. Pepper that defies the laws of physics. It had ice in it, but it was warm the entire time I was drinking it until I got to the bottom where it was cold, but tasteless and flat because of the melted ice. That's some scientific witchcraft.
That's why you get Baja Blast instead

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So this 5$ box... Can I substitute the meat for beans or something? Never ate at Taco Bell before haha
I sub'd mine with chicken for .60 more. Also isn't the trick that every 10 mins there is a winner? So once a winner is hit, there's a 10 minute cool down and the next person to text wins? I'm sure there was some cryptic way for people to win this, as I've been following it every year

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
I sub'd mine with chicken for .60 more. Also isn't the trick that every 10 mins there is a winner? So once a winner is hit, there's a 10 minute cool down and the next person to text wins? I'm sure there was some cryptic way for people to win this, as I've been following it every year
people saying do 5 entries at 4am lol so probably that

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago

Scrolling down and seeing this is the first time in quite a while that I've burst out laughing at work.

I won a Vita back in 2012 and that's the only time I'll ever win anything like this. I joined the postcard train last time without any luck, and with the next gen so close I don't particularly feel compelled to try to win an XB1X anyway. Maybe if I didn't have to wreck my hand by writing out every postcard lol.

Edit: Shit, didn't see it comes with a v2 Elite controller. Hm.

Last edited:

Antipode

Jul 25, 2019
I can't do this again. I did the entire postcard routine for the three previous versions of this promotion.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

i definitely recall something like this. As there was talk that certain periods you're just wasting codes.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Someone bump the thread when we get to the no purchase required window. I enjoy taco bell, but fuuuuuck paying $7 for a chalupa and taco.

Nov 30, 2017
TB power menu isnt horrible but I pass by them every day and havent stopped once in 5 years. Really all fast food.

Id just buy an x if I wanted one.

Good luck to all though.

Hogendaz85

Dec 6, 2017
I'm gonna win one this year dammitt! I did win when they did the Xbox One X launch but last year I tried and tried and cried and cried - burning ring of fire

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
That's the dilemma. Looking at around 20 bucks for all that. Which probably amounts to 4 codes if you do taco bell. So it's worth it but all that writing. IDK. I dont really need an XBX aside from the UHD player in it.
Yeah, it makes sense rather than buying Taco Bell. But I already have a X console, so this would be for controller and cash towards next gen I guess.

I'll probably do it. I can drink whisky and watch Archer while I write.

JSevere

Oct 25, 2017
I've never won but I still love that they do one of these campaigns each year. it's like a tradition now

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I do love my Taco bell.... guess I'll be giving this a semi regular shot :D

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Someone bump the thread when we get to the no purchase required window. I enjoy taco bell, but fuuuuuck paying $7 for a chalupa and taco.
Damn it's only $5 where I'm at. And it's not just a chalupa, it's a double chalupa! Plus a taco and some crappy cinnamon twists I always trade out for nachos. For $5, it can't be beat. But for $7....mehhh I'd probably pass as well

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Damn it's only $5 where I'm at. And it's not just a chalupa, it's a double chalupa! Plus a taco and some crappy cinnamon twists I always trade out for nachos. For $5, it can't be beat. But for $7....mehhh I'd probably pass as well
Ya, it's a double chalupa and a taco, but I almost never get a drink at taco bell and hate those cinnamon things, RIP the goat apple empanada

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Debating whether to use my code right before I go to bed tonight or wait until Saturday for that "third day" boost that a lot of Redditors seemed to get last year

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
In it to win it again like last year. I'm in this for the long con and I have no gripes with eating taco bell Daily