• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrCheez

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
It was good. Real good.

Pro-tip: remove the tomatoes (evergreen tip, really) and swap the sour cream for chipotle sauce. They charge a little extra for the sauce upgrade, but it's worth it!

OP
OP
RBH

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Pro-tip: remove the tomatoes (evergreen tip, really)
bunk-the-wire.gif

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Now bring back the shredded chicken burrito you cowards

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
Beuno.

Hopefully my Taco Bell won't price them terribly. The current online $5 box is $7 at our local establishment.
This is the same for all the Taco Bells in CT (afaik). I don''t know of any other major nationwide fast food chain like this.

The $5 box is basically false advertising when you can't find one restaurant in 100 mile radius serving it at that price.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Finally! The Cheesy Gordita Crunch just isn't the same. I had a Quesalupa once and then they got rid of it. Just keep it goddammit.

Pro-tip: remove the tomatoes (evergreen tip, really)
This is a good tip for anything. Tomatoes are useless. Tasteless wastes of space only added for crunch which I already get from the lettuce and shell. Fuck tomatoes. Even on burgers. Ketchup is the only tomato I need and I don't even use ketchup anymore. I use BBQ sauce whenever ketchup is used.
and swap the sour cream for chipotle sauce. They charge a little extra for the sauce upgrade, but it's worth it!
No. Don't take my sour cream. In fact I'll double it if I want to. Don't care for chipotle. I don't want spicy. I'll just add their hot or fire sauce.

Last edited:
May 5, 2018
Had a quesalupa with a spicy potato soft taco and cheesy fiesta potatoes. The quesalupa was better than I expected. Not much of a pull (more doughy than cheesy for the pull). But the shell itself was really cheesy when you bite into it and it blends in with the classic TB taco fillings decently. The potato items are a great return to form. Both the Potato Taco and Fiesta Potatoes are simple but tasty cheap items to grab.

Ferda

The Fallen
Jan 25, 2019
Portland, OR
Just got one for lunch, took the thread advice and went with steak and no tomatoes. It was much better than I expected and had a good crunch to it but wasn't great and made me sad they got rid of my chicken blt chalupa.

ajido

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 7, 2018
Will be trying this for dinner tonight!

Bring back the mexican pizza cowards!

Handicapped Duck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
I'm inordinately excited about this. Entering my order now with some modifications:

I'm swapping for steak instead of beef, jalapeño sauce instead of sour cream. Keeping shredded cheese, tomato, and lettuce the same.

670 calories. Oooooofff considering a typical steak quesadilla is 520 calories. Ah' well. YOLO
Just had one exactly as you ordered and it was pretty good. Jalapeño sauce was a cast improvement over the sour cream. Wish there was more cheesy pull, but otherwise it wasn't that bad.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I didn't know the potatoes were back yet, fuck. I tried this thing last night and didn't really like it, but now I'm mad I didn't get my beloved spicy potato soft taco.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I'm inordinately excited about this. Entering my order now with some modifications:

I'm swapping for steak instead of beef, jalapeño sauce instead of sour cream. Keeping shredded cheese, tomato, and lettuce the same.

670 calories. Oooooofff considering a typical steak quesadilla is 520 calories. Ah' well. YOLO

Gonna try this myself thanks

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I swapped in some potatoes into my usual crunchwrap today and it was yummy.

bevishead

Jan 9, 2018
I had one today. Pretty good. Not quite cheesy gordita crunch level, but still better than a regular gordita/chalupa.

Gouty

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow they brought back another stupid fucking chalupa. Cant wait for the even number month shocker, something involving the french fries.

Firebricks

Jan 27, 2018
It was decent, pretty heavy on the bread and very little taco meat. I probably wouldn't go back for another tho.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't know the potatoes were back yet, fuck. I tried this thing last night and didn't really like it, but now I'm mad I didn't get my beloved spicy potato soft taco.
Just had the potato soft tacos with added beef, was pretty great, and only $1.60 ea. The Quesalupa combo here was almost $7.50.

Oct 27, 2017
The thing about Taco Bell is that the Crunchwrap Supreme is a structurally perfect item, so no matter what they introduce and reintroduce, there's no point. You can't beat perfection.