• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which is better?

• Tabasco

Votes: 83 27.7%
  • Sriracha

Votes: 199 66.3%
  • Ketchup is too spicy for me

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Orange Cassidy

Votes: 12 4.0%

• Total voters

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: "depends on the situation" is NOT ACCEPTABLE. You MUST choose one or the other OR ELSE....well nothing will happen but YOU GET THE IDEA!!!

So this is trending on Twitter and I figured hey, we could use a break from fighting about politics and lack of Nintendo Directs...why not fight about food instead?

A couple ground rules:

1) We're talking the standard variety of Tabasco and Huy Fong's Sriracha.

2) Yes, other hot sauces are obviously superior to these two, but you have to choose between these two only.

So what say you?

155OKHDv_400x400.jpg

1204712.jpg

rblcem3armvx.jpg

tenor.gif

Last edited:

the lizard

Nov 1, 2017
Both, it depends what you're using them on. Tabasco is a better all-purpose hot sauce. Way too many restaurants and establishments use Sriracha in dishes and contexts that it has no business being used in.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
They both serve different purposes, pair better with different foods. Sometimes you need that vinegar, sometimes you just need the heat...

Why not both?

Tell you what I'm really into is Picamas... that shit's great in pretty much everything.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
If I'm picking one it's Tabasco, but they're two totally different kinds of hot sauce imo.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I like em both just fine but gun to my head I'd grab a bottle of Tabasco. It integrates better with the food I tend to cook and I like the kick more.

GeminiX7

Feb 6, 2019
Sriracha in most cases unless the garlic-y taste would overwhelm whatever food I'm eating. Neither are particularly hot, but I like the consistency and taste of Sriracha on most things.

JoJoBae

Oct 25, 2017
Layton, UT
What if I choose the secret third option?
mIErEh3.png

But really I love them both on different things, why are you making me choose like this, you fiend??

Chojin

Oct 26, 2017
I use them for different foods.

Though I prefer tabasco on my eggs over sriracha

Oct 27, 2017
Tobasco, while boring and not that great tasting, I prefer a vinegar based hot sauce vs. Sriracha that is pretty much ketchup.

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
Tried sriracha once and hated it. Far too overpowering with its garlic taste. Tobasco not my hot sauce of choice, but it's not bad.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Tobasco fucking sucks. Chipotle Tobasco on the other hand, now that's a hot sauce.

Cholula > both tho.

Oct 25, 2017
Don't live your life like this OP. Don't pit these two great sauces against each other like you can't enjoy both at the same time even

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
Between the misspellings of Tabasco and treating sriracha like a brand in these comments, this is hell on earth

Frostinferno

Oct 25, 2017
Standard Tabasco is overly-vinegar trash. All of their other sauce varieties are a big step up. Sriracha is decent at least.

Oct 27, 2017
Tabasco if I'm forced to choose. Really, though, it depends on the food.
And some other hot sauce than Tabasco, too. I also understand Huy Fong's sriracha has gotten worse since they switched chili pepper suppliers after that lawsuit.

Last edited:

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
On eggs? Tabasco ofc.
With some let's say... rotisserie chicken? Sriracha

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on the dish. I like putting a little Tabasco in soups and save Sriracha for solid stuff.

Personally though I've always been more of a fan of stuff like TJ's Green Dragon sauce.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Tobasco is garbo so even though I prefer vinegar based hot sauces, I gotta go with Sriracha if those are the only two options.

Oct 25, 2017
Tabasco is just spicy water. It's shit. I have 20+ hot sauce bottles in my fridge and not a single one of them is Tabasco.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't want none of that vinegar taste messing up my food.

You Tabasco/ Texas Pete folks ain't gonna convince me that Sriracha ain't damn tasty on greens and fish