• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bet obama is a fan 😎
O1x5jEJ.png

uW7Cb7m.png

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
"Uh... let me be clear. The Last Jedi is uh.... the best Star Wars movie. And trust me: I uh..... know a lot about wars."

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Wait what...
He is still doing a star wars thing right? I was hoping to see his take on something other than Jedi in the Star Wars universe.

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
Am I the only one who thinks it's weird he's getting into movie production versus, you know, helping the country survive the post-Trump era?
Yep. I think it's pretty shitty that he's cashing in on his celebrity status instead of helping an empire while it's crumbling but then again, Obama was a leader fixated on aesthetics, so it is very on brand.

He's a respected and valued leader. He has the right to do whatever he wishes but you have every right as a citizen to question what he's doing.

And your contribution to society is...?

Given the state of America, whatever he's doing, his labour is probably undervalued but fuck him for daring to criticize the Democratic equivalent of Reagan, right?

Last edited:

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo

What in the word kind of response is this, especially coming from someone who is a moderator.
Just the past month we saw how Democratic actors such as Stacey Abrams and Andrew Yang used their time so we could get a slight Dem Majority in the Senate. With how the state of the nation currently is, it isn't far fetched to see how people can be wondering if Obama shouldn't be doing more to help right the wrongs of the Trump era.

lol what. He's a private citizen now... he can retire from politics if he wants to.

If he wants, but being a former president he has a little bit more responsibility than the average person to make sure the country stays stable.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
If nothing else, the Obama collab is big for Netflix because EVERYONE wants those meetings. Probably a lot of this-

Rian Johnson - Love to work with y'all but I've got the Knive's Out squeal and still trying to do a Star Trek thing. Its just not a good time.
Netflix - Sure, but did we mention that the Obamas would also be producing?
RJ: .... How about lunch tomorrow? Or breakfast, maybe over the weekend? Look, just throw something out and I'm there.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well this is weird but hey, if I had the money I'd also want to produce movies

Oct 26, 2017
Really? We're talking about a former U.S. president here who has an incredible amount of influence and connections and he's using it to make some sci-fi show with a Star Wars director. You think maybe this guy should be spending his time and effort on making sure our democracy survives when not a month ago our capitol was stormed by insurrectionists and rioters? Or maybe even use his connections abroad to form an organization dedicated to strengthening democracy around the world amid a resurgence of far-right ideology? I'm trying to set myself up to do what I can, but I'm not an already accomplished 44th President of the United States. Set the bar higher, we should have before.

Edit: My bad, didn't catch on. Statement still stands for those who disagree.

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
I literally woke up right now, thought about this and couldn't remember if it was a fabrication I made up in my dream or not so I had to look it up

What a time to be alive

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really? We're talking about a former U.S. president here who has an incredible amount of influence and connections and he's using it to make some sci-fi show with a Star Wars director. You think maybe this guy should be spending his time and effort on making sure our democracy survives when not a month ago our capitol was stormed by insurrectionists and rioters? Or maybe even use his connections abroad to form an organization dedicated to strengthening democracy around the world amid a resurgence of far-right ideology? I'm trying to set myself up to do what I can, but I'm not an already accomplished 44th President of the United States. Set the bar higher, we should have before.

Edit: My bad, didn't catch on. Statement still stands for those who disagree.
This is fair. Obama doesn't use any of his power properly and has been about getting the bag after his presidency. He can have a billionaire or other influential person on the phone and have their ear without much effort. It's a waste of power and a Black presidency imo. On the other hand it wouldn't surprise me if he felt personally burned by Americans after the 2010 midterms and Trump's election and feels like "fuck ya'll after all I been through" LOL. Some of the heroes of '15 have been doing the least compared to other Democrats.

On the entertainment tip, I'll check this out as I like Riz Ahmed's acting from what I've seen. That manufacturing documentary the Obamas put out a few years ago also looked good.