• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Other film projects include a science-fiction movie called "Satellite," which will be produced with T Street, a production company run by "Star Wars" director Rian Johnson and producer Ram Bergman.

www.reuters.com

Sci-fi films, young adult thriller among six new Obama projects for Netflix

Barack and Michelle Obama's production company on Friday announced six new projects in development for Netflix Inc (NFLX.O), including a love story with a supernatural twist and a young adult thriller.

Thanks Obama.

We are due for another sci-fi classic by da gawd after Looper.

Last edited:

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
tenor.gif

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Obama's gonna be secretly revealing top secret alien info through movies!

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
The Elbas and now the Obamas. I am so in for black people getting into the Sci-Fi genre.

This is SO needed. Science is cool and our kids need to know this.

Oct 26, 2017
Am I the only one who thinks it's weird he's getting into movie production versus, you know, helping the country survive the post-Trump era?

pechorin

Banned
Apr 13, 2020
IDK if it's just their extreme capitalist system but American politicians are truly experts at profiting from their ex-positions of power, without any shame.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
obama's gonna star in that Space Channel 5 movie we've deserved for years

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't necessarily mean Rian himself is directing the movie, just that his production company is involved.

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird he's getting into movie production versus, you know, helping the country survive the post-Trump era?
He did a hell of a lot of campaigning in 2018 and 20, he does do a lot of work through his foundation, and he's not in government anymore.

Oct 26, 2017
Man after the surreal Idris Crunchyroll partnership I'll fuckin believe anything this week haha

Obama's got fuckin good taste in films too. Really interested in seeing where this goes

Applebite

Oct 27, 2017
My copy of "The Dark Forest" has a recommendation from Obama on the back. Based on that I'm guessing he's genuinely into sci-fi.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I'd rather they make movies or whatever it is this is instead of doing speeches for money, since that's a popular critique of politicians anyway.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
First, that sounds awesome.

Second, if anyone in here is asking for more sci fi but isn't watching The Expanse, fuck you.