• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you do with your t-shirts?

• I hang them in the closet with my suits, I'm not a peasant

Votes: 144 34.1%
  • I fold them and keep them hidden where they belong

Votes: 228 54.0%
  • I store them in piles of dubious cleanliness on my floor

Votes: 50 11.8%

• Total voters

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
I'm organizing my closet in my new place and I find myself stuck with an old dilemma I've never been able to come to a solid conclusion on: how to store t-shirts

I find when I hang them in the closet the neckholes seem to get a little stretched over time. But when I pull them out of a drawer the creaselines seem nigh-inescapable.

Help me era. Hangs or folds?

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Hanging messes up the collars faster. Folding them in a drawer or shelf.

mute

โ–ฒ Legend โ–ฒ
Oct 25, 2017
I always fold them, don't care about wrinkles.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Non-undershirt t-shirts? I just hang them up. Never experienced (or noticed) any issues with the neck of the shirts.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I take em straight from the dryer.

Why fold them just to have to unfold them later ยฏ\_(ใƒ„)_/ยฏ

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
house shirts are folded and in a drawer. "going out" shirts are hung in the closet.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I keep them in a big pile in the hamper I take them out of the dryer with. Either no one has noticed the wrinkles/creases or all my friends and co-workers are too polite to.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Folded. I have way too many of them to hang them. Especially as I also have a lot of dress shirts I need to hang

Veezy

Oct 27, 2017
I have quite the scientific method.

1. Do laundry.
2. Pull out of drier into hamper.
3. Pour into a larger hamper on the floor.

It's been a weird 12 months.

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If you have more closet space: hang them.

If you have more drawer space: fold them.

If you have tons of both: get more clothes.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Both. Hang up the ones you wear when you head out. Fold and put away the ones you wear while lounging at the house.

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
They all get hung up. Shirts and dress pants are hunt. Any other pants, along with shorts/socks/underwear get folded in the drawers. My wife folds her sleep shirts but I don't wear one, just sleep in a pair of gym shorts most nights.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
My nicer t-shirts I keep hung in the closet with my work polos and other collared shirts.

My workout or chilling t-shirts I fold/stuff into a drawer because they either don't wrinkle or I don't care if they do wrinkle.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
T-shirt's get rolled up and put on a shelf. That way they can be stacked, and no creases.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
If I had more closet space I'd hang everything except my underwear. Hate folding clothes

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
Both. Some are folded some hanging, though I am thinking about trying some of the things people mentioned here.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Collared shirts are hung and t-shirts into the drawer

Used to hang new tshirts but honestly I mostly wear basic white tshirts during the summer months if I'm out at the grocery store or working in the yard or whatever. I tend to wear button downs for every other occasion.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
I hang them because I'm lazy and that is faster than folding everything

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Just put in an Ikea reach in system in our laughably small main bedroom closet that just had a hanging rack and a shelf. Only my wife's stuff could fit in.

After I installed it and with some downsizing of stuff we haven't worn in forever, both of our things can fit, except specialty items like coats and long gowns for her. Before all of my stuff had to be in a different bedroom.

Anyway as part of that, the system had some drawers. So I now hang dress shirts/slacks on the rack. But t-shirts get rolled, undershirts get folded, and collared non-dress shirts get folded in the drawers.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
I've always hung mine since I tend to have more closet space than I do drawer space. My necks don't seem to get stretched enough to become annoying, so it isn't a big deal to me.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a quick way to stretch out the neck. The only things that should be hung up are buttons ups and jackets and dress pants. Everything else gets rolled, or folded into bins. Even the nicer plain tees you'd wear out (school, restaurants) are folded. I just separate them between the lounging drawer and the "going out" drawer.

Last edited:

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I fold them the Marie Kondo way and put them in a drawer.

konmari-folding.jpg