• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
She can sign up on her phone and you can use her credentials to use MLB.TV on your laptop, gaming system, etc. Just as long as you don't try to access MLB.TV on a cellular network other than T-Mobile.

Or you can have her link MLB.TV on her phone to your personal MLB.com account and then use your account on any device except a cellular network other than T-Mobile (so basically the same thing except you use your own MLB.com account instead of forcing her to create one).

Right on bro, thanks for the information. I'm pumped for this season to start.

Werd

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Hope they don't add further restrictions than the one mentioned from last year (would disable the entire subscription if you ever accessed it on another carrier). I lost one sub to that, had to buy another after I knew the rule.

I had Fox Sports Go available for local live games so didn't bother working around the blackouts, but I still liked having it. MLB with their 30 second clips on their website, much better to be able to skip through important parts of games I miss on MLB.TV at my leisure. And listen to the sad opponent audio feeds for big moments =)

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Anyone going to have one for sale? I bought one last year off someone on Neogaf and it worked like a charm in Canada. (I only watched on wifi).

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
They did this last year and was so hoping they did it again this year. Absolutely amazing value to get for just being a cell subscriber

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Hate these sports streaming services that only offer out of market games. Useless.

I would pay to watch every Pittsburgh Penguins game but I live in Pittsburgh so nope!

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Hate these sports streaming services that only offer out of market games. Useless.

I would pay to watch every Pittsburgh Penguins game but I live in Pittsburgh so nope!

Do what I do. Sign up for a cheap VPN service that only costs a few bucks a month.

Bypasses the blackout restriction.

Klean

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
So if my dad watches or listens to a game on his AT&T phone after I sign up with my tmobile account, there's a chance the account might get banned?

That seems a bit ridiculous.

cubanb

Oct 27, 2017
So if my dad watches or listens to a game on his AT&T phone after I sign up with my tmobile account, there's a chance the account might get banned?

That seems a bit ridiculous.
Ya, I agree , but after all the people selling them the 1st year this was how they chose to crack down on that. still cant stop people from sharing it with people on wifi only, but I get why they did it.

Klean

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Ya, I agree , but after all the people selling them the 1st year this was how they chose to crack down on that. still cant stop people from sharing it with people on wifi only, but I get why they did it.

What's really dumb is if you have an iPad or something with a data plan from another carrier...

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
Hey my wife is finally willing to switch to T-mobile since I mention it every year at this time. Does anyone know if they do any offers or promotions for switching? I am currently on verizon and I cant wait to switch.

Oct 25, 2017
This is exciting. Hopefully I can buy an account again this year. For like $25 I got it last year, and no black outs here in Canada.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
So I never got MLB.tv but I am pumped to get this because I love baseball. Can someone explain to me how this works? Can I only watch games on my phone? Can I watch them on my Xbox One X or any device that has an MLB.tv app?

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
So I never got MLB.tv but I am pumped to get this because I love baseball. Can someone explain to me how this works? Can I only watch games on my phone? Can I watch them on my Xbox One X or any device that has an MLB.tv app?

You can watch any out of market game (i.e. can't watch your home team without the use of a DNS blocker). You click the game you want to watch, then get to choose between the home team broadcast or the away team broadcast. Switch games any time you want.

Can watch from your phone (your location has to be on) or from any device that has the app.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
You can watch any out of market game (i.e. can't watch your home team without the use of a DNS blocker). You click the game you want to watch, then get to choose between the home team broadcast or the away team broadcast. Switch games any time you want.

Can watch from your phone (your location has to be on) or from any device that has the app.
Sweet. The idea of watching on my 4K monitor on my X is so amazing!

Oct 28, 2017
Hey my wife is finally willing to switch to T-mobile since I mention it every year at this time. Does anyone know if they do any offers or promotions for switching? I am currently on verizon and I cant wait to switch.

They will buy you out of your phone for $650 each and let you keep them.

The money comes in the form of a Citi Visa about 15 days later.

Klean

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I usually pay for this, but this is my first year with Tmobile. Usually I can share with my dad without issue, but I guess if he watches on an AT&T device they ban you pretty quick.

Going to roll the dice and see how long it takes before getting banned and switching over to a paid sub...

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Can i be added to the queue for code begging?
I mean you can also just join in and buy one.

the $5-$20 these will go for is still rather cheap compared to the full price deal.

i'm personally aiming for a $10 one... as that is about all the more I can justify to pay to watch my team this year lol. Though I expect most of them will go for around $15 around here.

BlinkBlank

Oct 27, 2017
Contact them. You'll get a refund. I've done it the last two years.
Thank you. I will give this a go! I read on their website that they don't do refunds, but jeez, if T-Mo is giving this ~$120 value for free, I am jumping on! I have been a subscriber for like 3 years now, but if T-Mo is giving this for free, I am jumping on board. Even if they can pro-rate and give me like $100 back.

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Go back to your "My Stuff" tab and wait for it to reload and show it as redeemed and try again.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking to sell mine but I don't want to screw up. Do I redeem it, add my number and that's it?