• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Can't girls break their hymens doing other things besides sex? For example, falling down?

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
The whole concept of guarding someone's chastity is antiquated and creepy as fuck.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Can't girls break their hymens doing other things besides sex? For example, falling down?
yup..
And so then they come and say, 'Well I just want you to know that there are other ways besides sex that the hymen can be broken like bike riding, athletics, horseback riding and just other forms of athletic physical activity.'

So I say, 'Look doc, she don't ride no horses, she don't ride no bike, she don't play no sports. Just check the hymen please and give me back my results expeditiously.'"

Ecotic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I imagine his daughter just wants to crawl in a hole right now and die. Like JFC, how can one wake up and see the status of their hymen be the top story on news sites and still want to get out of bed that morning.

I've never heard of T.I. before now, but if he gets a cancelling it'll be well-deserved.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Creepy, possessive, and an endorsement of perpetuating abusive pseudoscience.
i had no idea 'hymen tests' were even a thing gynecologists administered until this lengthy, depressing marie claire article from just last week:
https://www.marieclaire.com/health-fitness/a29488743/virginity-testing-america-doctors/
they sound absolutely traumatic in most cases
Very much worth a read. Given how widespread misconceptions on the matter remain, things like this really need to be emphasized.
"So-called virginity testing is nothing more than an assault on young women with no scientific or medical basis," says Jonah Bruno, director of communications at the New York State Department of Health.
Women are suffering for no reason. No medical procedure exists that can accurately determine if a woman—or a man, for that matter—is a virgin. The hymen often tears or wears away as women age and during everyday activities like running, just as it can stretch during sex.
Despite science saying otherwise, the myth that a hymen will be broken upon the first instance of sexual intercourse persists, leaving medical professionals to grapple with it and respond at their own discretion.
Thinking such tests have even an ounce of worth is every bit as idiotic as believing that phrenology is legit.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
saw this was trending at 1,500,000 tweets. Clicked on it and realized because of his name twitter is counting ever tweet that has a T and I in it

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And by announcing she's still a virgin, this is going to become a mission for men.

Poor girl.

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Creepy, possessive, and an endorsement of perpetuating abusive pseudoscience.

Very much worth a read. Given how widespread misconceptions on the matter remain, things like this really need to be emphasized.

Thinking such tests have even an ounce of worth is every bit as idiotic as believing that phrenology is legit.
Makes you wonder for how many years has he been subjecting his daughter to these virginity tests?? From what age??? WTF. Young girls don't need to see a gynecologist unless they're sexually active or have specific problems. The fact he kept forcing his child year after year is straight fucking abuse and he should be investigated.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what is he going to do if the test comes back and she no longer has an intact hymen?

What is the endgame here?

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
saw this was trending at 1,500,000 tweets. Clicked on it and realized because of his name twitter is counting ever tweet that has a T and I in it
Yea I noticed that too. Twitter fumbled with something, since before you could easily see posts that were "TI" "T.I." or any other reasonable variance.

Because of this error, I can't easily see Black Twitter dragging this fool.

Canuckreefer

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
Woody Allen kickin' himself for not thinking of that one.

This is the kind of ignorant, backwards shit Americans laugh about when we hear it done in foreign societies. This weird fuck is like two steps from female genital mutilation in the name of 'purity'
Now female mutilation now?
Chill the hell off with that BS of a slippery slope argument.
Also T.I. being where he comes from may be the reason why he is that crazy overly protective over his daughters. In his past experience of seeing women being mistreated and such in his life before as a rapper and then in the industry
He's been doing it since she was a kid this will probably stop now. With all these sick fucks going after children in schools that could potentially have their way with kids and make them keep quiet or she ends up with the wrong guy who takes her virginity and has her going fucking crazy(look at Laurence Fishburns' daughter). He probably thought this was the best way to protect her.
Also people expecting T.I. to have a good moral compass are probably the same ones that I could sell a bridge too.
Do not forget T.I. was a dope dealer who sold poison to people making him basically a merchant of death and that he got arrested with how many guns cuz he wanted to protect his family. You are surprised that he's that overprotective to his daughters and would go to these extreme lengths?
Also others in the thread saying he won't let a man near his daughter but would let a doctor. U really think he's be ok with a male doctor? If he's going to all these lengths? He wilding but I kinda understand where he's coming from but I wouldn't go to these lenghts.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Also T.I. being where he comes from may be the reason why he is that crazy overly protective over his daughters. In his past experience of seeing women being mistreated and such in his life before as a rapper and then in the industry

And his current experience of seeing women mistreated. Like his daugher. Right now. Under his direct order.

Oct 25, 2017
I dont think TI's daughter being a virgin keeps guys away, its more likely the emotional baggage she has/will have is what's unappealing

"My dad knows the state of my vagina" is not a great ice-breaker

Canuckreefer

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
User banned (1 month): Defending misogynistic abuse over a series of posts
And his current experience of seeing women mistreated. Like his daugher. Right now. Under his direct order.
So that is being mistreated really?
Embarrassing for her fuck yeah it is but mistreated? Really?
Do you read with trying to understand or you just want to nitpick at things and go wild with it based on your own agenda?

Deleted member 19003

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Embarrassing for her fuck yeah it is but mistreated? Really?
Do you read with trying to understand or you just want to nitpick at things and go wild with it based on your own agenda?
Being forced to have non-medically necessary pelvic exams by your father is ABUSE AND MISTREATMENT, YES.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018

I genuinely mean that what he is doing should constitute child sexual abuse as I have said a few times in this thread already. Her body is not his business, and he does not have her best interests at heart in doing this. There is no point in any doctor looking to see if her hymen is intact, especially because it is not correlated with sexual activity, and thus is not related to her gynecological needs getting met. Her bodily autonomy is being violated in order to protect her father's ego.

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017
TI said this during the 2016 elections. Dude is as sexist as it comes.

But on Monday, T.I. said, "Not to be sexist, I can't vote for the leader of the free world to be a woman."
"Just because every other position that exists, I think a woman could do well," he said on the "The Whoolywood Shuffle" radio show. "But the president, it's kind of like, I just know that women make rash decisions emotionally -- they make very permanent, cemented decisions -- and then later, it's kind of like it didn't happen or they didn't mean for it to happen."
T.I. also suggested that women are not consistent enough in their decision-making to lead America.
"And I sure would hate to set off a nuke," he said. "You ain't gonna be able to negotiate the right kind of foreign policy. The world ain't ready yet."

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
He's been doing it since she was a kid this will probably stop now. With all these sick fucks going after children in schools that could potentially have their way with kids and make them keep quiet or she ends up with the wrong guy who takes her virginity and has her going fucking crazy(look at Laurence Fishburns' daughter). He probably thought this was the best way to protect her.
Also people expecting T.I. to have a good moral compass are probably the same ones that I could sell a bridge too.
Do not forget T.I. was a dope dealer who sold poison to people making him basically a merchant of death and that he got arrested with how many guns cuz he wanted to protect his family. You are surprised that he's that overprotective to his daughters and would go to these extreme lengths?
Also others in the thread saying he won't let a man near his daughter but would let a doctor. U really think he's be ok with a male doctor? If he's going to all these lengths? He wilding but I kinda understand where he's coming from but I wouldn't go to these lenghts.
Bro stop while you're ahead.
Plenty of people grow up in bad areas surrounded by bad people, including me. I've literally never heard of anything like this.

I dont think TI's daughter being a virgin keeps guys away, its more likely the emotional baggage she has/will have is what's unappealing

"My dad knows the state of my vagina" is not a great ice-breaker

Yeah I had to double take at that. Im pretty sure at least half the freshmen in college are virgins or have had 2 or less partners. Its not the obstacle he thinks it is.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I went through this whole thread and.... did I miss it? or did nobody point out that this dude thinks his wife's uvula is in her vagina?

"That means that little thing you got, that little sex box you got is half mine. So you pick which side you want, and that's yours. The rest of it is mine. We can split it right down the middle of the…what do they call it? The, the, the, is it the, 'uvula'?"

Canuckreefer

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
Bro stop while you're ahead.
Plenty of people grow up in bad areas surrounded by bad people, including me. I've literally never heard of anything like this.

Yeah I had to double take at that. Im pretty sure at least half the freshmen in college are virgins or have had 2 or less partners.
Like I said
Ex drug dealer probably sold it to pregnant women not giving a fuck
Bought a bunch of guns when security could have done the same job
He is not really a model human being. He is a crazy ass dude. I don't condone his shit at all but I'm not totally surprised at his behavior.

Oct 27, 2017

The Taliban claim they were just being protective of their women too.

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
Like I said
Ex drug dealer probably sold it to pregnant women not giving a fuck
Bought a bunch of guns when security could have done the same job
He is not really a model human being. He is a crazy ass dude. I don't condone his shit at all but I'm not totally surprised at his behavior.

I know plenty of drug dealers and haven't heard of shit like this. This is a different level. I don't know of any male that even goes to OBGYN with his daughter unless he has to.

Canuckreefer

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
The Taliban claim they were just being protective of their women too.
Ahh the taliban who killed Women because they tried to go to school why do you people keep on trying to use those kinds of arguments.
Like I said T.I. comes off crazy and as a lunatic for this but to call him a Taliban? Do you know exactly how the taliban was oppressive to women?

Also at the end of the day he won't be canceled or whatever since your country if you're American elected Trump who got accused of raping girls and bragged to sexually assault women. In the end this is all just venting with no real action.

Gakidou

Oct 30, 2017
pip pip cheerio fish & chips
If you do this I'm automatically going to assume

a) you want to fuck your daughter

b) you want to sell your daughter

There's no other reason to give a shit about the state of your kids genitals. If you wanna keep em safe its pretty obvious you need them to trust you enough to like tell you whats going on in their lives.
Oh also the myth of the hymen hurts women in two ways, not only are people invasive about keeping it intact but then when it is time to have sex they take pride in harming the vagina more than you're actually supposed to during sex. So that's fun for women.

Canuckreefer

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
I know plenty of drug dealers and haven't heard of shit like this.
Ok then that's you. Like others pointed out on his views like a female president this isn't that much of a suprise. Its more embarrassing for the daughter for him to air this shit to the world mentally especially. Shit I'm more surprised that he would just let it be known publicly with his daughter being a 18 year old Woman.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
We've gotten this far in the thread and no one has linked that Adam Ruins Everything video that covers myths about the hymen?

Sex doesn't even necessarily do anything to the hymen. And it's not some magical marker of virginity. As Emily explains in this video, that's a bullshit myth and women STILL suffer due to that myth. If there was some "sex-free fresh seal" covering women's vaginas, how in the fuck would they menstruate? FFS.

I mean, going to the gynecologist is bad enough for women. Especially young women who are likely new to the process. Having an overbearing dad putting intense pressure on it makes an already uncomfortable experience sheer hell. Terrible father and gross as fuck, as others in this thread have said. But not necessarily surprising, given the ass-backwards attitudes men have towards women in this country (and all over the goddamn world).

Was gonna post that if nobody else had.

Seriously, that we still have this medieval idea going around in society.