• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
PSP, bought it for War of the Lions. Then got rid of it when I realized I haven't touched it in at least a year.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Wii, WiiU, 3DSXL and PSVita

Ironically, all have been turned into emulators and I use them more for that than I ever did for their own gaming libraries.

I will never buy a dedicated handheld again. I just don't game on the go enough to justify it. When I am gaming, I am on my PC or comfy couch.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
Every handheld I've ever owned, I play a few titles I'm really interested in and then forget about it. Game Gear, GBA, PSP, and 3DS it was largely the same story. The original DS got a bit more use but compared to none handhelds it was still fairly dormant most of the time. I guess I just don't feel comfortable with small screen gaming so only do it as a last resort.

kalavaras

Oct 28, 2017
Bought 3ds on sale just to play Pokemon Omegasomething and Monster Hunter Generations. Bought a Vita also from sale and never played a single Vita game, only some occasional bedroom Diablo3 remote play.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
PS3, the OS was just abysmal. Most I used it was for Metal Gear Solid 4, Infamous 1 & 2.

PSV, had it for a few days before selling it

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
Playstation 4 was probably that system. I bought it on launch, and just gave it to a friend this past week. Played very little of it. Mainly just the exclusives and it hadn't really been turned on since God of War released except for about 2 weeks last year when I briefly got back into FFXIV.

Wreck We Em

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My Switch definitely...bought Smash bros and unlocked all the characters then just stopped playing

My PS4 also to a lesser extent..earlier in the gen, it was my go to but once all my friends bought X1 that became my primary machine and now my PS4 is relegated to exclusives which isn't a bad deal

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017
PS4 and DS Lite.

PS4 for me is me realizing I have less time gaming than I do before and it just never pops in my head when I have my Wii U/3DS first and then Switch plus my PC. There are still some PS4 exclusives I theoretically want to play, but I more or less never play games on my television anymore so I don't know when that will happen.

DS Lite I bought to replace my DS Phat.. and I ended up just going back to the DS Phat. I think I am one of very few people who prefers it (feel, not looks, but feel is what matters)

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
My switch tbh, after completing botw, mario odyssey, mario kart and mario rabbids kingdom battle i kinda just forgot about it, i still haven't really found anything that makes me want to go back to it.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The PSP. I used it as a music player more than a game system.

Though, I guess technically the PSTV wins because I only bought one game for it, though I think I spent more time on that one game than I did on the six or so games I had for the PSP, which I whittled down to three.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
bought and owned an XBOX 360. I only completed Bioshock 1, banjo-Kazooie and tales of Vesperia even though I owned far more than that.

I just never played it.

I feel like I have gotten my money's worth out of every single other console i have owned though. It was my first and only generation where I owned all consoles. Now I just buy less consoles.

JohnnyMoses

Oct 27, 2017
Wii - Don't think I finished a game on it. Rarely played it.

Wii U - I think only finished Bayonetta 2.

3DS - Finished virtual console NES Zelda

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I got a Neo Geo Pocket Color YEARS ago and I love it, but I just have no patience for handhelds without backlights these days. Even the original GBA SP is too dim for me.

I also have an Xbox One and the only game I really dived deep into was Banjo Kazooie. I thankfully got it relatively cheap, though, and one day I'll play Lost Odyssey on the thing. PSO2 is mighty tempting, too.

maenckman

Dec 3, 2018
I don't know if it qualifies as 'console' but I haven't used my PlayStation TV for more than an hour. I bought it for Soul Sacrifice which I ended up not liking very much. Bummer...

Also my Switch. Bought it for BotW which I couldn't get into initially. A few months later I played it on PC using Cemu.
I like playing games on the big screen and am not a huge fan of Nintendo's franchises (except Zelda of course), so there are few reasons for me to use the Switch.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
Wii, Saturn, 3DS, Master System and GameCube
Switch i barely touched since Zelda, and Hollow Knight, despite buying a few games i thought I'd may enjoy like Wargroove or Ori, but at least i spent enough time with Zelda and HK so it isn't a disaster like the others mentioned.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Any portables. I like gadgets, but I've rarely used them. I've used my Wii once when I tried to play Skyward Sword, but couldn't stand the motion controls.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
I bought an Xbox years after the fact to replay KOTOR and Jade Empire. Played about 5 hours of KOTOR and never touched it again.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Had a Wii that I didn't play once

Had a Wii U that I played very little (<5 hours total)

Had a 3DS that I did not play at all

Now have a Switch and so far only have Shield, but at least I've played that a fair bit.

Ryutaryi

Oct 25, 2017
None. Every console I've ever owned has been used a good amount. Purchasing a console without a hefty amount of planned games to play would feel like a terrible waste of money.

DaCocoBrova

Oct 27, 2017
Vita (emulation only, barely played any Vita content)
PSVR (Ace Combat 7 VR is the only thing I plan to use it for. Lack of HDR passthrough for the earlier version was a real deal breaker for me)

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
Currently the Switch. It's a neat system and has recovered from the lack of original software, but I just end up spending all my gaming time on the One X anyway. I sometimes think about selling it but think to myself "but I still want to play this game" and then end up not playing the game.

Previously the PS4. After I was done trying the exclusives I didn't have a reason to hold onto it and replay anything.

In all other generations I typically owned most or all of the consoles and they would get equal playtime. Dunno what the deal is this time around.

Gles

Aug 4, 2019
PS4 for me, I bought a lot of games for it but only played a few AAA rpgs. Then I got the switch and I stopped using the PS4, I prefer playing games on handheld now that I'm older.

Akabeko

Oct 27, 2017
My least played was probably the Wii. Put maybe 2 hours into it total (although my roomate played some). Next are 3DS and GameCube, maybe 80 hours on each of them. Of the Playstation consoles, PS3 was my least played because I was so addicted to WoW at the time, although I still played it a good bit.

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
I bought a PSOne (the tiny little redesigned thing) long after I had a GameCube so that I could play FF7 and FF8. The FF7 disks I ended up with were super scratched up and gave me all kinds of problems. I never ended up getting past the first disk on either, and never bought another ps1 game.

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Switch. Bought it for Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, and after that it sat for the longest. Tried getting my kids into Mario Party on the system, but it was sort of lacking in modes for them and even me to stay engaged. Luigi Mansion did get me back into using it though, but I don't have as much time for games anymore unfortunately.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Out of all the systems I own, the one that almost never get use are the Sega Saturn and Dreamcast. I have no actual games for the Saturn and prices on games makes buying legit difficult so it on the backburner. While the Dreamcast I have two games right now, but been waiting on the HD Retrovision cables, so it currently has no AV hook up yet.

Beyond it the WiiU, as it only has about 12 games left and nothing I am really wanting to play at this time.

Neuroxia

Mar 31, 2019
Switch and most of my handhelds.
I live 15 min away from my workplace by foot, so i don't get a lot of opportunities to put them to good use.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Bought Xbox one at launch and hardly touched it. Gave it away to a friend
Bought Xbox one s. Wanted to give it another shot. Gave it away to a work colleague.
Bought Xbox one x. Used it even less then the previous ones. Gave it away to a family member.

I just can't get warm with Xbox anymore. I loved the original big boy and 360 was my primary console, but somehow we don't click anymore. Maybe it's less time for gaming, maybe it's preferring less clutter and focusing currently on one consoles only rather than being a multi consolero.

i will probably give in and get the series x. I wonder who will be the lucky person I give it away to after few months of owning it :)

Hint

Apr 9, 2018
I generally don't buy a console that I can't anticipate spending a lot of time with but the only time this has really happened to me was with the Wii.

I was primarily a Gamecube gamer back then (I had a PS2 as well that eventually broke) so I was all in on the Wii. It was going to be my main focus and I had no intention of getting a 360 or PS3 anytime soon. By the spring after release I was already feeling pretty jaded by the Wii. All of my friends had 360s and were playing together with Xbox Live, plus we were all about to go off to college that summer so that was how they would stay connected. In the end I grabbed a 360 and pretty much left my Wii for my parents when I went off to school that fall. Besides Metroid Prime 3 and No More Heroes I didn't really look back at it.

The 3DS almost was a waste as well. I grabbed a New 3DS XL for a really great deal that I couldn't pass up. I almost didn't play it at all for a whole year. Thankfully around 2017 I really discovered a lot of games I missed out on and played it a ton up until this last year and I still have a few games I need to go back to.

Sep 25, 2018
Nikachu's Question of the Day:

Hello, Resetera

What consoles have you owned in your life, but rarely touched?

Maybe you played it here and there, the day you bought it you fannd out and enjoyed it.. but as the months pass by and the dust starts to settle, and subsequently, that same dust is building on your dusty arse console, but in general the purchase was not worth it as you never really touched it

For Example, I bought and owned a Xbox 360.. well. 360 days of drought happened, frankly. I bought it to play with my friends who owned the console and because they all loved it.. I made my account, bought Xbox live.. played the same games I enjoyed on PS3.. and realized I didn't want to play any of its exclusives and found myself migrating right back to my PS3 and Ds/3ds/wii U/wii... I did let my dad play all the halos! That was cool (for him)

What about you!

Pika, Pika
Hugs and Kisses
My love.. to you,

from Nikachu

for me my ps4 once I got a switch things change and with my portable usb C battery I can play up to 20 hours anywhere I go

I even multitask i can watch tv and still play a game or at least listen to a show I watch before while playing

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019
3DS. I just don't play handheld games. I tried, but and I enjoyed what I played of FE on it, but it just collected dust before I sold it.

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure I've put in over 40 hours on my PS4 since purchase. I'm definitely under 80 hours.

Same for the Playstation/Vita TV as well. probably less than 40 hours total time. Which is odd because I have single games that I spent over 100s of hours on both the PS3 & PSP.

Feels wierd, some guys find 242 games to play

While I don't even hit the 10 Hour minimum to get a report...
aAayJj5.png

Last edited: