• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
www.metalsucks.net

System of a Down's John Dolmayan Says Donald Trump Is "The Greatest Friend to Minorities"

System of a Down drummer John Dolmayan recently defended Donald Trump, calling the 45th president "the greatest friend to minorities."

First there was the dissemination of coronvirus conspiracy theories. Then there was the misplaced focus on the riots and looting that have resulted from the mostly-peaceful protests against police brutality brought about the murder of George Floyd. And now, in case fans stilldon't get where he's coming from, the drummer has shared and defended one of Donald Trump's self-congratulatory tweets, in which the former gameshow host asserts that "My Admin [sic] has done more for the black community than any President since Abraham Lincoln."

"Let's not let the narrative that's being spun make us forget the truth of this statement. The most attacked president in history yet the greatest friend to minorities! Don't believe it ? Look at the stats . Don't like it , doesn't change the truth of it."

Note that John and the rest of the band are Armenian. How do you be involved in the writing process of Toxicity and come to this conclusion?

To those not really familiar with the band, they have a lot of songs criticizing American imperialism, the prison system, police brutality and the military industrial complex.

At least Serj, the front man who is pretty much the voice of the band made a statement. https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/system-of-a-downs-serj-tankian-calls-for-trump-regime-to-resign/

"Run Donny run into your bunker. You may be the first US President to do so out of fear of your own citizens. A real leader would address the nation properly and a real man would go face the protestors on the streets in person. But like other corrupt undemocratic leaders in the past, you've realized they are not your people as you are not really our President. These protests are not just over race but over institutional injustices beginning with the slave era electoral college that put you in power, K Street lobbying firms, superdelegates of a two party duopolistic Neo-liberal corporatocracy whose day has come. You make antifa a terrorist organization but not the KKK? The lessons of the 2018 peaceful successful revolution in Armenia can be applied in the US and elsewhere in the world. Coordinate online and block every street everywhere and force the regime to resign. The time has come. Your time has come @realdonaldtrump"

Last edited:

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
Not surprised.

Didn't the band used to hang "No dogs, no Turks" outside some of their concerts.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
wow, even dumber than krist novoselic

big week for dumb guys from my favorite bands

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously this is stupid on it's face, but if you ever find yourself arguing with a person over this, equip yourself with the facts:

Donald Trump proudly claims that he's done "more for black people" or minorities than any president since Abraham Lincoln. This is flatly false, of course, but it hinges on one statistical flaw. Trump claims that black employment numbers are the highest they've ever been under his administration. This is true. But, prior to becoming president in 2016, black employment was the highest it had ever been, and Donald Trump campaigned that those numbers were fake, that they were trumped up numbers that didn't point to the real unemployment numbers. In the first week of February when the labor department publishes low unemployment numbers, the same numbers that Donald Trump campaigned were "a total fiction" in the 2016 campaign, he declared "We've made America great!"

Further, if presidents claim ownership of the economy and jobs numbers, if they want the credit for a booming economy, then they have to take the blame for a collapsed economy. If Trump champions record employment numbers in 2019 and he says that he is the reason for these numbers, then he has to take the blame for record unemployment in 2020. The unemployment rate is going to be published tomorrow, it's going to be something between 15-20%. Over 42million Americans are filing for unemployment right now. If Trump can take the credit for record low unemployment 6 months ago, he should take the blame for record high unemployment today.

Trump, of course, doesn't, and neither do his supporters. They blame, like, China and the coronavirus. The affect of the coronavirus is devastating, but consider this, of all modern, market driven economies the United States has been hit the hardest by the coronavirus, with the largest spike in unemployment. More than Germany, more than Italy, the UK, Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, France ... and down the list. Just like the United States, those are all democracies. Those are all capitalist, market-driven economies. The difference? Trump is president in the United States. If you're talking about the ecomomy, "the buck stops here."

But as Trump likes to say, "I don't take any responsibility at all."

ABIC

Banned
Nov 19, 2017
Is it really surprising someone would have this opinion? I'd say close to 30% of Americans do.

It's close to a 1 in 3 chance.

now let the gears turn and let him have his just deserves.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
This is pretty sad since he was one of my favorite drummer growing up, I think Tocixicty might've been the first song I learned to play all the way through. Should just fire him tbh, maybe bring back the original drummer?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I remember this fucker going hard to defend capitalism. No surprise this is his opinion as well.

Honestly, I think Serj is like the only decent one of the group, albeit I think Shavo is just slightly stupid. Daron's brain is probably fried from all of the drugs considering he believed Charles Manson was innocent, John is a right wing cunt.

It's no surprise Serj can't make another album with them, the only one who actually knew what the band was all about.

Last edited:

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
The context for that one is a bit different, and I say that as a Turk. Maybe look up the Armenian genocide
I'm a fellow Turk.

I am not an Armenian Genocide denier, I've read extensively into the ethnic cleansings that happened across the former Ottoman Empire which led to the modern demographically purified ethnostates, out of lands that were formerly demographically diverse in Ottoman times.

Armenians, being Christian and victims of genocide at the hands of Muslims, can easily fall into support and solidarity with the Western Right Wing, even though those same Western Right Wingers will be racist towards those Armenians for being Middle Easterners.

So I don't see System of a Down's "No dogs, no Turks" sign as being very nice when considered in that context.

OP
OP
spam musubi

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Is it really surprising someone would have this opinion? I'd say close to 30% of Americans do.

It's close to a 1 in 3 chance.

now let the gears turn and let him have his just deserves.

Yes, considering this man is an immigrant from Lebanon, of Armenian descent, who is in a band whose entire discography is about how American imperialism, the prison system and the military industrial complex suck.

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
God second of the 4 or so fave bands of the day. I'm keeping faith in Serj as he generally comes off as educated and not a tosser. Next up Anthony Kiedis saying all life matters and Till Lindemann coming full out right wing (Hoping all remain non right wing).