• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Coachella definitely on the chopping block.

Also kinda curious if E3 happens now either. This situation doesn't seem to be getting better, but just escalating.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I would bet money on at least Coachella being cancelled.

I would question anyone holding any of the major music festivals.

Coachella definitely on the chopping block.

Also kinda curious if E3 happens now either. This situation doesn't seem to be getting better, but just escalating.

I doubt it happens, the only reason it's not canceled now is that it apparently is a ton of the revenue for the entire year for the ESA.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Nuts. What a massive economic disaster this is gonna be. People gonna start losing jobs soon

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
This going to kill so many contractors and small businesses in Austin. I get it had to happen but still very sad.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I keep looking at Wrestlemania

It's a very global event; people from 67 countries attended WrestleMania 35

But I dont see McMahon volunteering to cancel

This will be a mess

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
Nuts. What a massive economic disaster this is gonna be. People gonna start losing jobs soon

I actually know a couple of guys in Austin that all they do is prepare for SXSW and make all of their money at that one festival. Not entirely sure what they do exactly, but one of them just texted me and is absolutely crushed.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Day9 just said on his stream that Twitchcon EU is also cancelled.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. I figured it was coming but it is still shocking to see. I live in Austin.

I'm guessing there will be a lot more big ones like that coming.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017

This will be a mess

SXSW was canceled as part of a judge ruling a local health crisis. Vince isn't going to have much say if it gets to that point.

Kcoe27400

Mar 14, 2018

This will be a mess
Similar to Austin cancelling SXSW it would have to be Tampa that cancels wrestlemania. WWE almost cant because they literally have to have a tv show the very next night they need to have wrestlemania. So yeah it would have to be the city that says no we can't do this.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017

Hotels and restaurants of all kinds will be hurting until this blows over (hopefully soon).

Considering the razor thin margins they operate on, the entire hospitality industry will be gutted.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
Thank goodness. I was beginning to get really anxious for next week, wishing I lived farther away from downtown.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt it happens, the only reason it's not canceled now is that it apparently is a ton of the revenue for the entire year for the ESA.
Yea that's where I'm at with it. E3 is its entire backbone and with so many companies and dev's already pulling out of the circuit with PAX, GDC and such. I'm in the gaming industry, so I'm watching all of this intently, because this effectively kills E3.

No, I don't think so. People need to show up in order for it to spread.
Neither E3 nor Coachella are going to happen
we're on the same page.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
www.theverge.com

SXSW 2020 canceled due to coronavirus

The city of Austin made the call to cancel SXSW 2020.

SXSW, the annual tech, music, and film meetup held in downtown Austin, is the latest major conference to be canceled due to the coronavirus outbreak, and just one week before it was slated to start. It is the first time in the event's 34-year history that it's been canceled. The festival was scheduled to take place from March 13th to March 22nd, yet Austin Mayor Steve Adler today announced that, amid an increasing number of high-profile speaker and company withdrawals and growing public health concerns, the festival will no longer be taking place.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Damn this is awful for all the people who rely on it to make money. The service industry for one.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I was just thinking two hours ago that this would probably get cancelled. A shame, but understandable.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
It's quite some time off, but I'm feeling like they might have to cancel Glastonbury too.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Even without events cancelling, Resturant reservations cancellations are way up here in the Seattle area. No one is going out to eat. The Service Industry is going to take a big hit. Downtown Seattle is a ghost town, that means a ton of lunch spots that will be empty.

D23

Oct 25, 2017
wow.. after Ultra and SXSW, i have no doubt Coachella will be next....