• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

m_dorian

Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Is that source credible, legit?

It doesn't seem to me it is because no sane leadership would believe those things this source claims they believe.

I have my thoughts but i ll wait for some form of confirmation (or not).

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Bioware's leadership is hilariously awful. It's astonishing.

Anthem is a dead game. There won't be a turnaround. Free that poor live team and let them work on something else.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
At least Bethesda/76 continued to put out content, as they tried to fix the game.

But it seems that EA/Bioware are leaving this to die. What ever happened to the roadmap? Looking at the Reddit, seems the community already thinks this is done.

EA is also letting Apex die slowly. Who knows what's going on over there.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
Wait SWTOR is f2p?
Im down
Origin?
origin or download the launcher directly from the swtor website

it is free to play, but it has restrictions, some of them are really stupid like limited cargo hold, not being able to hide helmets and QOL features.
you can't access the latest expansions or do raids as a f2p player, but the best and most important content of them all, the original class stories, can be played as a f2p player and are content worth of hundreds of hours, and it's really good, if you can handle the MMO gameplay.

if you like it after a few hours, I would recommend to sub for a month for the QOL features, and even if the sub runs out you will have "preferred" status that lets you keep some of the QOL features permanently.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I for one am baffled SWTOR didn't get the attention needed to shift it to consoles this gen. Granted it'd need some retooling to suit. Feel like a F2P Star Wars MMO would do big numbers on consoles.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At least Bethesda/76 continued to put out content, as they tried to fix the game.

But it seems that EA/Bioware are leaving this to die. What ever happened to the roadmap? Looking at the Reddit, seems the community already thinks this is done.

EA is also letting Apex die slowly. Who knows what's going on over there.

EA isn't letting Apex die slowly. Respawn (much like Bioware) does their thing with the game and they already said that they won't do constant updates to avoid crunch. It's one way or another.

And EA studios pretty much act on their own for the most part, which you can see by looking at DICE, Bioware and Respawn and how they're different from each other.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
SWTOR was pretty good last time I played it (many moons ago..)
Anthem didn't even get a purchase from me. So many red flags, particularly for content.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The core of SWTOR is fantastic though it needs a significant rebuild to make it less of a grind IMO. Wouldn't be surprised if they pool resources into it now, with next gen console ports or something.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
I for one am baffled SWTOR didn't get the attention needed to shift it to consoles this gen. Granted it'd need some retooling to suit. Feel like a F2P Star Wars MMO would do big numbers on consoles.
It wouldn't need "retooling". It'd need a remake. The engine used for SWTOR (a beta version HeroEngine) was horrendously outdated by the time it came out and it's been hacked together over years of updates. Since it was basically a fork of an earlier version of HeroEngine, there's practically no documentation for the engine in its current state, with most people that handled those updates no longer working there.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
I havnt played SWTOR in like 6-7 years but I remember the userbase was quite small at the time. Has the game caught a new big audience or is it just a testament that Anthem is really really really low in user numbers?

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This source seems questionable so we've opted to lock the thread. A new thread can be created if a better source is found. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.