• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (5 Days): Hostility toward another member, accusations of astroturfing
Don't bother replying to Serebii. He has a vested interest in Pokemon's success since he earns money off his website. It's tantamount to astroturfing. He'll always defend and promote them, no matter what.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There was a lot of things that I liked about Sword/Shield, but it really did need more time in the oven content wise. Hopefully they build off of it for gen 9.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Don't bother replying to Serebii. He has a vested interest in Pokemon's success since he earns money off his website. It's tantamount to astroturfing. He'll always defend and promote them, no matter what.
I doubt he's worried about a few fans on a message board killing the Pokemon franchise. It's more likely that someone that dedicated to the franchise actually enjoys it.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
This is simply because it's a new game on the Switch and has Pokémon in the title. Unfortunate, but not unexpected. I hope this doesn't mean that TCPi won't give Game Freak the time and resources to develop a full next-gen console Pokémon experience, but I honestly doubt they will. It's sad that this has outsold games like Platinum, HG/SS, and B/W2 which were very clearly given much more attention and care. It is what it is, I guess, but no matter how much people rail on people for "complaining", this isn't the Pokémon game that the franchise deserved on a next-generation HD console regardless of its sales.

Oct 27, 2017
This is simply because it's a new game on the Switch and has Pokémon in the title. Unfortunate, but not unexpected. I hope this doesn't mean that TCPi won't give Game Freak the time and resources to develop a full next-gen console Pokémon experience, but I honestly doubt they will.
Just so people know, TPCi follows Gamefreak, not the other way around. They don't set the timelines for development, Gamefreak does
At most it just means when Gamefreak does set a timeline for the development/release of a game, they can't really adjust it because all the other merchandising is released based on that

Chille

Jan 7, 2018
Sword/shield was the best pokemon game in generations, its the only one that had content I have enjoyed after post game with the raid stuff. Hope we see more raid based content in the future.

Pangorogoro

Oct 31, 2017
Wow! Do those RBG numbers include the virtual console releases etc? Thats incredible.
Sword and Shield isn't my favorite but I still enjoyed it. It introduced a lot of really good pokemon.

Oct 25, 2017
I'll show my hand once again, I didn't get the game straight away, I'm only a month or so into my time with the game and I'm playing it daily.

As with previous posts of mine in this thread, and the other monster thread that is still floating around, I am still really interested in these people who

a) don't like the game yet feel the need to take down the achievements of the game a whole lot

b) don't like the game yet feel the need to bemoan the fact it is liked

c) don't like the game yet feel the need to broadly hand-wave away those who do ("it is what it is")

d) don't like the game yet feel the need to directly attack (quite personally, it would seem) those who wish to discuss the topic (sales, in this case) in good faith

.....all the while hitting some sort of imaginary bingo card somewhere with anti-Game Freak rhetoric all over it.

Once again, whether you like the game or not isn't the issue, it's not even the game we are discussing at this point any more.

Again.

It's a collective, coordinated brigading or just happens to look remarkably similar to one. That's concerning to me, and so it should be to you as well.

Brhoom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait
Hopefully they listen to the criticism and deliver a proper HD pokemon title next time

Last edited:

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
Hopefully they listen to the criticism and deliver a proper HD pokemon titles next time

Mike-Tyson-ClappingLaughLOL.gif

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I doubt he's worried about a few fans on a message board killing the Pokemon franchise. It's more likely that someone that dedicated to the franchise actually enjoys it.
I get told that I'm "not neutral" when stating things like "views on game's quality are subjective" because I just don't give negative views. Things are wild

Hopefully they listen to the criticism and deliver a proper HD pokemon title next time
This is a "proper" Pokémon title. This is in HD.
Addressing the topic itself, this news is pretty sad. GameFreak will just continue going on in their current direction without ever addressing the poorer aspects of their games. Oh well. It is what it is.
I really don't get this mindset. Things don't only improve if sales are bad. Game Freak listen to feedback, constructive feedback.
Just so people know, TPCi follows Gamefreak, not the other way around. They don't set the timelines for development, Gamefreak does
At most it just means when Gamefreak does set a timeline for the development/release of a game, they can't really adjust it because all the other merchandising is released based on that
That's correct.

Game Freak own The Pokémon Company, alongside Nintendo and Creatures Inc., TPC does not control Game Freak

Game Freak decide on the Pokémon, the theme, when it's coming out and then essentially tell TPC, Creatures Inc. it (though there is some co-ordination). From there, the other avenues covering the franchise work to that date. Creatures Inc. with the TCG, Nintendo with marketing, TPC with merchandise, ShoPro with the anime and movies etc., and due to that, it means that they eventually hit a point of no return, a point where a game can't really be delayed too much without huge damage to the franchise leaving a hole.

People just twisted that and act like Game Freak is being forced to work to a date they don't want to work to.

Last edited:

Cieviz

Jan 11, 2018
Very satisfied to not be part of this sales and the mass.
After S/M , I will buy second hand this game in the future, maybe...
Quality wise, this series really is been in a downhill for to many years.

Oct 26, 2017
I really don't get this mindset. Things don't only improve if sales are bad. Game Freak listen to feedback, constructive feedback.

You know that's not always true. The complaints about post-game, story, difficulty, cutscenes, and Gen I pandering (though to a much lesser extent with dynamaxing compared to megas) has remained constant since the 3DS era. In fact, for many of these elements that I've mentioned, GF went the complete opposite direction for reasons that baffle me.
For instance, the gameplay was challenging in SM+USUM, and yet, instead of continuing that trend for SwSh (especially with the Switch being a console that is already geared towards teens and young adults. I'm not saying kids don't own it, but it leans more towards teens and young adults), difficulty instead continues to fall like a house of cards.
Additionally, I've seen people say that SM had a great story, and I only agree with this because the story decisions made in the 3DS games were downright appalling that SM stands out as an okay story for me. SwSh instead comes up with some of the dumbest story I've ever seen in a Pokemon game. The characters are bland and forgettable, the Zacian/Zamazenta lore was poorly developed, and the less I talk about the Darkest Day, the better (seriously, this is just Lysandre's stupidity all over again).

So no, the complaints are still there for some of the major features. Hell, it took GameFreak 8 years to re-implement following Pokemon in Let's Go due to fans loving it in HGSS. What did they do after? Nixed it in SwSh and only made them select overworld encounters.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
You know that's not always true. The complaints about post-game, story, difficulty, cutscenes, and Gen I pandering (though to a much lesser extent with dynamaxing compared to megas) has remained constant since the 3DS era. In fact, for many of these elements that I've mentioned, GF went the complete opposite direction for reasons that baffle me.
For instance, the gameplay was challenging in SM+USUM, and yet, instead of continuing that trend for SwSh (especially with the Switch being a console that is already geared towards teens and young adults. I'm not saying kids don't own it, but it leans more towards teens and young adults), difficulty instead continues to fall like a house of cards.
Additionally, I've seen people say that SM had a great story, and I only agree with this because the story decisions made in the 3DS games were downright appalling that SM stands out as an okay story for me. SwSh instead comes up with some of the dumbest story I've ever seen in a Pokemon game. The characters are bland and forgettable, the Zacian/Zamazenta lore was poorly developed, and the less I talk about the Darkest Day, the better (seriously, this is just Lysandre's stupidity all over again).

So no, the complaints are still there for some of the major features. Hell, it took GameFreak 8 years to re-implement following Pokemon in Let's Go due to fans loving it in HGSS. What did they do after? Nixed it in SwSh and only made them select overworld encounters.
Whilst many other complaints have been listened to and taken to heart. It's easy to dismiss what they do actually do rather than acknowledge it.

Oct 26, 2017
Whilst many other complaints have been listened to and taken to heart. It's easy to dismiss what they do actually do rather than acknowledge it.

It's that people expect the main elements to be taken care of. If you told someone that the main elements (story, gameplay, etc) hasn't been taken care of for years, but bring up minor elements that GF addressed, of course they are going to be disappointed and overlook the minor element addressed.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Look I had fun with this game. I did. I completed the Pokedex like a good person and took care of my team with pure love. I adore my Cinderace and my other mains and I loved the design of the new Pokemon and the gym leaders.

The music was top notch and I consider it to be some of Game Freak's finest compositions. I also think that the gym battles are the best thing in Sword and Shield because of how epic it feels to me personally with the crowd singing and Gigantimax. That's awesome.

But I absolutely think that this should be the bare minimum. I expected way more and I am disappointed. I love the time I had but it was soon replaced with that feeling that I could play something like HGSS and be way more satisfied.

Game Freak can do better and I'm tired of giving them excuses. Every generation I heard the same things: "wait til the next gen; the hardware is difficult but on the NX it'll be so much better; they can only do so much with the space they have; this is just a one-off; and you'll get your mainline title next year". And I agreed with those things! This is the first time that I'm just disappointed.

Look I'm not saying that Game Freak is a bad company. I love their previous works and I know they can and have done amazing things. Sword and Shield is filled with amazing things. But I know they can do so much more if they had more time and planned things better. I loved X and Y and SuMo/Ultra. I defended all their decisions back when those games came out.

I can't believe I've gone to the point where I EXPECT there to be cuts in a remake. A remake. Where things usually get added on and not taken away. Yes it being a D/P remake probably means no Platinum content but we had Crystal content in HGSS. It may be the exception but it was still there. But I'm not even talking about Platinum content. I'm talking about D/P content. Which sucks! I don't like that. I don't like that I expect less out of a remake.

I have never harrassed the devs and never will. Its childish and absolutely ridiculous that it has happened and continues to. But I will continue to say that Game Freak can do better in my opinion.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Also, just throwing it out there, generally speaking: The Sinnoh remakes will be remakes of Diamond and Pearl. Not Platinum. Just like Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire were remakes of Ruby and Sapphire, not Emerald. I honest to god still don't understand the outcry for no Battle Frontier in ORAS when that didn't even exist in Ruby/Sapphire in the first place? Don't go expecting the Distortion World to be in Sinnoh remakes, it probably won't happen.
All they have to do is keep the Platinum Sinnoh dex and it will already be way better.

Brhoom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait
User Banned (1 week): Hostility
This is a "proper" Pokémon title. This is in HD.

Oh, you wanna go this route of nitpicking my words. Let's do this!

A proper Pokemon title shouldn't have removed half of the Pokemons
A proper Pokemon title shouldn't run below 20 fps in wild areas while online
A proper Pokemon title shouldn't have a 2-meter draw distance
A proper Pokemon title should have a lot of post-credit content
A proper Pokemon title should have animations instead of whatever the fuck this is

Mod Edit: YouTube video removed.

A proper HD Pokemon title shouldn't look like this

76934462_10157924594842652_3423958661494472704_o.jpg

You posted this pic to somehow prove that the DLC will be good and they have listened to criticism.

fYwzguF.jpg

Your relentless attempts to dismiss any criticism at the game is not seen as a fan defending his favorite franchise, but rather a delusional stan, refusing to believe that Gamefreak's latest title is nothing but a rushed mess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 26, 2020
Oh, you wanna go this route of nitpicking my words. Let's do

A proper HD Pokemon title shouldn't look like

I mean not that i completely agree with you but it is true. In all aspects Pokemon SS are proper HD pokemon games. Are they the proper, content rich HD pokemon games peoples(more the core gamers) wanted, no by far not.

There is something to say that they cater to their core audience the kids and that excuses their game design of the past years, but i find that bollocks. If you are so big as pokemon there is a certain expectation you need to meet with your HD games. And SS far from did that.

Sure it is GFs first HD mainline pokemon title , so i will be lenient. The graphics needs to be a lot better , even with the style they now have(a style a like). If they had atleast achieved that I would have been a much happier person. Then you got the fact that for many Xy, SM , SS were a far cry quality and content wise than the pokemon games before it I think that is a sign that you seriously need to rethink your design philosophy and take more time between releases, yes even in a behemoth of a multimedia franchise like Pokemon.

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't like the direction Pokemon has been headed in. SwSh have disappointed me greatly and the expansions (so far) look like more of the same.

Trelova

Banned
Apr 8, 2020

A proper Pokemon title shouldn't have removed half of the Pokemons
A proper Pokemon title shouldn't run below 20 fps in wild areas while online
A proper Pokemon title shouldn't have a 2-meter draw distance
A proper Pokemon title should have a lot of post-credit content
A proper Pokemon title should have animations instead of whatever the fuck this is

Mod Edit: Video link removed

A proper HD Pokemon title shouldn't look like this

76934462_10157924594842652_3423958661494472704_o.jpg

You posted this pic to somehow prove that the DLC will be good and they have listened to criticism.

fYwzguF.jpg

Your relentless attempts to dismiss any criticism at the game is not seen as a fan defending his favorite franchise, but rather a delusional stan, refusing to believe that Gamefreak's latest title is nothing but a rushed mess.

why ya'll gotta be so mean though, he didn't insult you

the pokemon hate really is rabid on this site. to think this is a 'sales are good!' post that usually get nice responses

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 25, 2017

<snip>

See this is what I am on about.

Some of you need not be so angry.

Also this thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-...e-i-get-working-in-project-management.200508/

Estizzle

Jan 14, 2019
That's disappointing for me. Liked every game until Let's GO, and really disliked both it and Sword/Shield. Doesn't seem like there's gonna be much encouragement for the games to actually improve given how rushed and unfinished Sword/Shield felt. Guess that saves me some money in the future, at least. Great for the people that enjoyed the game though.

Brhoom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait
that's nice but that sentiment's been repeated for the last 50 pokemon threads in a row. ya'll can't even leave a small sales thread alone without the same arguments piled on again

My post was similar to his post, which is why I got upset. I can't say one bad thing about it without being shut down.

Lightjolly

Oct 30, 2019
The game is not selling a lot because of good word of mouth, it's selling because of its brand power. Doesn't matter if it's good, bad or average, slap the Pokemon name on it nowadays and it will sell, more than 2 decades building up a franchise allows you to make a few stinkers and get away with it.

Jun 2, 2019
It's that people expect the main elements to be taken care of. If you told someone that the main elements (story, gameplay, etc) hasn't been taken care of for years, but bring up minor elements that GF addressed, of course they are going to be disappointed and overlook the minor element addressed.

Story isn't a main element, and game play improves Gen to Gen on a constant and consistent basis

The game is not selling a lot because of good word of mouth, it's selling because of its brand power. Doesn't matter if it's good, bad or average, slap the Pokemon name on it nowadays and it will sell, more than 2 decades building up a franchise allows you to make a few stinkers and get away with it.

Yeah, not a single Pokémon game has ever failed in sales, amirite?

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh

While this game is one of the poorer Pokémon games, there's no way in hell it qualifies as a "stinker". Game quality is not binary after all.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Brand power has little meaning when the biggest comparisons being made are to the other mainline Pokémon games. It's the 4th best selling Pokémon game, soon to be 3rd. It has a shot at being 2nd.

Lightjolly

Oct 30, 2019
Ah, so now we move the goalposts to mainline

And why can't i say Colosseum?

Those of the "Pokémon always sells" mantra are always this incongruent

The goalpost never moved, when you think Pokemon you think mainline first, the general public think mainline first, not the spin offs that get next to no exposure or marketing, heck rescue team DX came and went without as much as a peep.

You can't say Colosseum because, let me see, ah right it's a 17 year game that was on a console that sold pretty bad , not exactly recent and didn't have much hope to begin with

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
This is simply because it's a new game on the Switch and has Pokémon in the title. Unfortunate, but not unexpected. I hope this doesn't mean that TCPi won't give Game Freak the time and resources to develop a full next-gen console Pokémon experience, but I honestly doubt they will. It's sad that this has outsold games like Platinum, HG/SS, and B/W2 which were very clearly given much more attention and care. It is what it is, I guess, but no matter how much people rail on people for "complaining", this isn't the Pokémon game that the franchise deserved on a next-generation HD console regardless of its sales.
these sales are not unexpected...? thats quite the revisionist history there. i dont think many at all predicted 16 million in its first quarter, and better legs than any pokemon game in recent memory.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'll show my hand once again, I didn't get the game straight away, I'm only a month or so into my time with the game and I'm playing it daily.

As with previous posts of mine in this thread, and the other monster thread that is still floating around, I am still really interested in these people who

a) don't like the game yet feel the need to take down the achievements of the game a whole lot

b) don't like the game yet feel the need to bemoan the fact it is liked

c) don't like the game yet feel the need to broadly hand-wave away those who do ("it is what it is")

d) don't like the game yet feel the need to directly attack (quite personally, it would seem) those who wish to discuss the topic (sales, in this case) in good faith

.....all the while hitting some sort of imaginary bingo card somewhere with anti-Game Freak rhetoric all over it.

Once again, whether you like the game or not isn't the issue, it's not even the game we are discussing at this point any more.

Again.

It's a collective, coordinated brigading or just happens to look remarkably similar to one. That's concerning to me, and so it should be to you as well.
Judging by your post, your issue is people actually talking about it.

Oct 26, 2017
Story isn't a main element

I'm sick and tired of people saying this when it's not rooted in fact. If what you said is true, then why has Game Freak tried to make story more cinematic with each subsequent Gen post-Gen V? Furthermore, why have people been complaining about the story if it really isn't a main element. Pokemon is a role-playing game that has increasingly added more attention towards its story. So with that, it's no surprise that more players invest themselves into the story.
You keep saying this, but there is a huge difference between you not caring about the story (which you have said multiple times in many other threads) vs. people considering story as a main element to a Pokemon game in addition to GF increasing the scope of their narrative.

and game play improves Gen to Gen on a constant and consistent basis

I also disagree with this notion. If you're only talking about gimmick mechanics then it's really subjective (for instance, I hate dynamax and consider it broken when you factor in that you can do damage+set-up in one attack, but a VGC player may absolutely love how dynamax plays. Same goes for previous gimmicks like M-Evos and Z-Moves). But the gameplay system assumes a lot about a player. It does a pisspoor job introducing players to underlying stat systems (IVs/EVs in particular), and how to make the most out of that system.
However, if you're talking about stuff like how the battle system is accessible to the casual player, then there is still more to be done. IVs remain an invisible problem that goes against the core tenet of your Pokemon being the friends you take on your journey, to competitive requiring you to mass-breed for superior stats. People will point to Destiny Knot, but it's still tedious due to the amount of time you need to breed a competitive team and you will need to have one 6IV Pokemon to even make the best of the system. Don't even get me started on Hyper Training and how idiotic it is to expect a player to grind to Lv100 to get a modifier that pretends that it's a 31IV stat across the board.
Furthermore, EVs also continue to be a problem. And this one most of all is completely strange. All GF had to do is keep Super Training from Gen VI and tweak it for faster progression. Pokepelago, and the Job System have been underwhelming attempts at doing the same thing that Super Training did. When the standard to EV train continues to be Power Item + Pokerus + 10 Vitamins (which I remind you, is also not casual-friendly considering that you need to research this information) at a particular stat, then the mechanics haven't done a good job at matching the efficiency as well as being simple for the average player.

In other words, the battle system still expects the casual player to be okay with tedium and hours wasted, and I say this as someone who spent a ton of time on Smogon in Gen IV-onwards. I know that not everyone is going to go do deep research on Pokemon's intricate battle systems like I did, so the focus really should be on simplifying the mechanics to allow for less barrier to entry for the average player. I cannot tell you the number of times I've seen people be discouraged because their in-game mons or shinies are 1000% inferior to what the metagame runs. The only positive thing I can say about SwSh's improvement is the inclusion of Nature Mints, but even that's a half-assed attempt considering that it doesn't remove the original nature entirely and only applies a modifier that corresponds to the nature you want. Nature Mints would have been a godsend for breeding too if it had changed natures entirely.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019
The goalpost never moved, when you think Pokemon you think mainline first, the general public think mainline first, not the spin offs that get next to no exposure or marketing, heck rescue team DX came and went without as much as a peep.

You can't say Colosseum because, let me see, ah right it's a 17 year game that was on a console that sold pretty bad , not exactly recent and didn't have much hope to begin with

Actually, yes, it had a lot of hope and hype thrown to it, Colosseum was hyped as the first console rpg Pokémon game, along with being a more adult title and not a simple companion game for the portable titles, and was one of the hopes for turning around the GameCube sales.

So, you keep narrowing to stay in the right. Given that every single Pokémon game is always compared to the behemoths i don't see why i can't NOW go back and bring out the two Pokémon rpgs that failed spectacularly.

Pokémon name doesn't mean instant sales. Period.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
The sales for Sword and Shield are astonishing. I never doubted these games would be a success, but I can't help but be disappointed that the success isn't matched by their quality. These were the most disappointing games to me after X/Y, lacking in ambition, content and polish.

As fantastic as the wild area was, the rest of the game locations suffered and never delivered on the exploration Pokémon is known for. Instead of exploring caves and dungeons, etc, I was forced down corridors in a mostly linear fashion. Spikemuth was nothing but a facade. Another linear corridor. Any sense of excitement I had for the first Dark-type Gym quickly faded away.

The story had no impact and every time the game veered in an interesting direction, key events and character development happened off screen and we weren't privy to it.

I was initially disappointed about the cuts to the Pokédex. Not because we wouldn't be able to catch every Pokemon in game, but because we wouldn't be able to bring forward favourites unless Gamefreak determined they were worth it. I wasn't bothered enough to stop that decision from letting me purchase the games. Black and White are my favourite games in the franchise after all and their focus on new Pokémon was refreshing. I would make new favourites.

Pokemon was always about the sense of adventure to me, but with Sword and Shield it had faded away and the games felt hollow and superficial. Gamefreak failed to deliver on what I'd always loved about Pokemon. I can only hope they can recapture that again in the future.

Lightjolly

Oct 30, 2019
Actually, yes, it had a lot of hope and hype thrown to it, Colosseum was hyped as the first console rpg Pokémon game, along with being a more adult title and not a simple companion game for the portable titles, and was one of the hopes for turning around the GameCube sales.

So, you keep narrowing to stay in the right. Given that every single Pokémon game is always compared to the behemoths i don't see why i can't NOW go back and bring out the two Pokémon rpgs that failed spectacularly.

Pokémon name doesn't mean instant sales. Period.

A lot of hope and hype thrown around in that vocal tiny bubble that was the gamecubes fandom, and the sales proved that, and believe it or not Colosseum was still a spin off and even with everything against it, it still managed to become a million plus seller, heck most of the Pokemon spin offs are million plus seller (Mystery Dungeon DX already is past a million), that's brand power, clear as day.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Na, they will. It's the Pokémon cycle. When we're in Gen 10/11, people will start to speak positively for it. Just like people are starting to be positive about X & Y after years of crapping on it
Late to this thread but wanted to comment on this crap. This is no 'cycle', the same people that dislike XY will continue to dislike XY, like myself, I still think it's an utterly poor excuse for a Pokemon game. Kids playing XY are now coming onto the internet and being nostalgic for it. That's the only 'cycle', that there's always a new generation of kids playing the new generation as their first Pokemon game.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Na, they will. It's the Pokémon cycle. When we're in Gen 10/11, people will start to speak positively for it. Just like people are starting to be positive about X & Y after years of crapping on it

Yeah.. People mostly still dislike XY. The only games people remember more fondly now are BW

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
these sales are not unexpected...? thats quite the revisionist history there. i dont think many at all predicted 16 million in its first quarter, and better legs than any pokemon game in recent memory.
Every Nintendo first party franchise has gotten a huge boost in sales on the Switch compared to previous entries in their respective series. It's only natural that this game would do well given that Sun/Moon sold extremely well as well. I completely expected this game to sell this much. If Super Mario Party and Pokémon Let's Go can break 10 million, obviously this game was going to make it to 20+ million within a year

Trelova

Banned
Apr 8, 2020
im more surprised how relatively mediocre Sun/Moon did. didn't that game come out around the peak of the Pokemon Go craze. that was like a worldwide phenomenon but the main series just kinda chugged along like always sales-wise

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's been eight months and the same people are here delivering the same arguments and getting banned for the same reasons.

Move. On.

im more surprised how relatively mediocre Sun/Moon did. didn't that game come out around the peak of the Pokemon Go craze. that was like a worldwide phenomenon but the main series just kinda chugged along like always sales-wise

SuMo had a massive launch but it had virtually no legs due to the poor state the 3DS was in 2017. Also, USUM was announced soon after.