• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ombra

Jan 22, 2018
GUN X SWORD combo is not as good as it should be. not allowing me to use my favorite souped up pistol is bad enough, but making sure NONE of the attributes on my sword apply to the Phantom gun that your sword comes with is lame city. Sticking to assault rifles, I'll just go towards unlocking duel wield and call it a day.

Sword could have been so awesome but its wonky on its own yet strangely it seems to hit targets so much better in gxs mode (thanks to the assisted targeting with the gun) but the sword slashes are weaker when paired..poor sword play.

Bugy52

Oct 25, 2017
Oklahoma
Would I be alone in feeling like the multiplayer was nothing more than an after thought?
Seriously hope they update it to allow more freedom than just boss rush...
That said, fighting boss's with friends IS fun, but the medals dont seem to carry much use from what I've seen so far, and the items the boss gives I have yet to find a real use for..

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Would I be alone in feeling like the multiplayer was nothing more than an after thought?
Seriously hope they update it to allow more freedom than just boss rush...
That said, fighting boss's with friends IS fun, but the medals dont seem to carry much use from what I've seen so far, and the items the boss gives I have yet to find a real use for..
You get an item from bosses which you can sell for a ton of money.

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
So uh

Your party members behaves a bit better @ 30fps compared to 60 (on PC - you can unlock the framerate editing ini files, but it breaks the AI). And bullet lines/beams are easier to dodge. And there's no ocurrance of enemies running at supercar speed.
I have no idea what Bamco/Dimps/whatever did while coding the AI, but damn.

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing on console and the AI is definitely the most frustrating part about this game

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
That would be swell. I want one with the voice of Misato Katsuragi.

Super curious what's behind the locked door and if it will have anything of importance...

It'll allow you to enhance accessories.

A handy list of features for the DLCs, courtesy of RPGSite:

1st DLC Batch: Champion of Gunfire (Release timeframe: April 2018)

• Adds three new characters: Yamikaze, Dyne, and Musketeer X
  • Adds Bullet of Bullets mode for the Avatar; only available in single-player. You will fight other characters at random and the above three ranker characters will also participate here.
  • Adds a new story that delves further into Itsuki's mysteries, and also new quests.
  • Adds Deathmatch Battle to online versus mode.
  • Adds new high-difficulty dungeons and enemies.
  • Adds new costumes, hairstyles, and more.
2nd DLC Batch: Builder of Moat Camp (Release timeframe: TBA)

• Adds two new characters: Clarence and Shirley
  • Adds new voice types for ArFA-sys: 3 for female and 2 for male.
    Female voices:
    -Weak Little Sister: Young but smart
    -Fully Energetic: Bright but a bit stupid
    -Lady (Ojousama): Graceful and polite
    Male voices:
    -Protagonist-like: Fully energetic and brimming
    -Pretty Guy (Bishonen): Polite but lacks a certain point
  • Expands the player's Home by unlocking the locked door, allowing ArFA-sys to enhance accessories, and listen to in-game BGMs & character voices.
  • Adds new story and quests; details are not divulged yet as of this writing.
3rd DLC Batch: Driver of Machines (Release timeframe: TBA)

• Adds two new characters: Alice and Eugeo

I'll probably leave my Hard/Extreme playthrough for whenever the 2nd dlc comes.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
For people who pre-ordered, the bonus game is finally released. It should be in your steam library. I was actually looking forward to it more than Fatal Bullet, and bought it as a 2 for 1 deal instead of Hollow Realization

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
Patch 1.2 is rolling out ahead of the first DLC release (which is coming out this week too).
Notes (translated by Swordkirby123 on gfaqs and tweaked/posted on the subreddit by Piisagi):

v1.2.0 Patch Notes

1) NEW

• Deathmatch for PvP with 2 new maps.
  • Ability to adjust time limit in player matches.
  • "Accessory Tickets" as reward for playing online vs. (winning team gets two, losing team one). These can be exchanged for accessories in the Lobby (exchanged accessories always contain at least three memory chips).
  • Three new high-level co-op quests (available after clearing the game).
  • Two new costumes to the medal exchange (one is male only) and one costume to craft.
  • New customization options (male hair style 41, female hair style 42, eyebrows 37 to 39).
  • New gadgets (First-Aid Kit 2, Anti-Aliments Kit 2, Melee Booster Kit 2).
  • New material: Weapon Enhance Material R7 (a kit for upgrading weapons to rank 8, since the naming was different in the English version, this one will likely be different as well).
  • After clearing the game, you can now buy an affection increasing key item at Argo. (one-time purchase at 5 million).
  • Ten new items for your Arfa-sys to buy when giving her spending money (after clearing the game).
  • Level cap increased from 150 to 175.
  • A "Good!" action and certain events now help raise affection.
  • Raised the maximum to where memory chips could be enhanced.
  • Fast-travel points (different shops and terminals in the city, including the Shady Material Shop and Predatory General Shop).
  • Max weapon rank is now 8.
  • Costume preview system to the medal exchange and shops.
  • A terminal to your Home and Kirito's Home (you can accept/access any quests and the standard shops from here).
  • Skills and Gadgets can now bet set from the menu (i.e., you don't have to visit a terminal anymore).
  • An option to accept all available quests at once.
  • New rewards to Total Bounty Earned.
  • Damage limit has been upped to 6 digits (it was just a visual thing, you actually did more than 99,999 but it visually caps at it, now it will display up to 999,999).
  • (SEASON PASS ONLY) A rank 8 version of the season pass weapons has been added to the shops (a Guitar Launcher, Green and Pink photon swords, basically the same but Rank 8 instead of Rank 1, costs 100 Credits).
2) ADJUSTMENTS

a) Hero Battle

• Adjusted Klein's weapon rank.
  • Adjusted the Weapon Rank (Sword and Gun & Sword excluded) of certain roles (Assault, Destroyer, Sniper).
  • Added the effect of "Decreased Detectability While Crouching" to sniper roles.
  • Reduced the length of the Handgun Weapon Arts to lessen the amount of skills activated quickly after one another.

b) General

• Increased the Submachine Gun Weapon Arts damage (both online and offline).
  • Increased damage of the Combat Knife. (both online and offline).
  • Reduced damage of Nemesis Shot and Graviton Shot (both online and offline).
  • Gun & Sword and Dual Wielding now carry over into New Game+.
  • You can now choose a fast travel point by hovering over it on the map.
  • Adjusted the ban on filming/screenshots in the gallery. (?).

3) FIXES

• A bug where sometimes a stuck dialog box would appear on the screen during online play has been fixed.
  • A bug where splash damage from Launchers affected Guests twice has been fixed.
  • The skill Sword Barrier is fixed; it now doesn't work anymore when the weapon isn't displayed.
  • Fixed a bug where drones summoned by Enemy Caller in the SBC Flugel – Depths wouldn't drop anything.
  • Fixed a bug where during event battles BGMs could overlap each other.
  • (STEAM ONLY) fixed a bug where talking to the co-op NPC receptionist could get you stuck.
  • Various stability improvements (hoping that's the connection).

'Ambush of the Imposters' - DLC Features

• New story mode "Ambush of the Imposters" (from the Dengeki article: this is accessed the same way as Kirito Mode; accessible after arriving in the Forgotten Woods).
  • Three new characters (Yamikaze, Dyne, Musketeer X) from "Ambush of the Imposters"
  • New movie(s) in the gallery from "Ambush of the Imposters".
  • New dungeon (Forgotten Temple; also the main dungeon for the story; from the Dengeki preview, should be around level 73 on Normal).
  • New bosses (Elemental Wizard, Grim of Doom).
  • Offline BoB mode (multiple difficulty levels; three preliminary 1 on 1 rounds and a final 8 player free for all in the Forgotten Woods).
  • New Character Quests (Leafa, Silica, Lisbeth, Klein).
  • New customization options (male hair style 35 to 40, male face 15 and 16, female hair style 38 to 41 and 43 to 44, female face 20).
  • Three new costumes to create (Western Style M, Raider Suit M, Aramis Lady F).
  • Four new weapons (HMG Bravefire, East And West, LMG Helical, AMR Breakthrough).
  • Three new accessories (no names to be found).
  • Raised Lisbeth's rank to 8 (it actually only says "unlocking the limit" but I guess it is just one higher to go with the new weapon rank).

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
So reading the patch notes finally convinced me to actually go ahead and buy the game. Turns out, seeing a game get this level of post-launch support is a pretty strong incentive to give it a proper look-see.

It's funny, really - Warframe is by and large a better third-person shooter and unarguably has far greater breadth of content than this game does, and yet I still find myself drawn into this. I think the relatively more grounded/familiar setting and the fact that my original character is actually my heavily-customized playable character instead of a pre-defined archetype helps a lot. It's just far easier for me to get attached to a character I genuinely feel is my own, y'know?

I just wish I didn't have to do anything with Kirito or the majority of his crew. A lot of the writing surrounding him feels downright cringeworthy. I've never actually been a fan of Kawahara's works, so I'm actually playing this game almost entirely in spite of him.

Okay, yes, and the Gun Gale Online anime factors a whole lot into my interest, too. Bamco should thank Sigsawa for piquing my interest like that. Gods know I would never have given it a second thought were I not so enthralled with his work.

By the by, the game is running on Unreal Engine 4, and that means that a lot of .ini command tweaking is possible. Turns out the "motion blur" menu setting does basically nothing and I had to add a bunch of commands in the engine.ini file to actually get it to work. Looks much nicer in motion with it enabled, I have to say. Likewise with the temporal anti-aliasing (seriously, Dimps, what are your engineers doing over there, leaving this sitting at the table?). I have an even healthier respect for Epic's work after tweaking the visuals. That a game that obviously got as small a budget as this one looks as good as it does is quite the achievement on their part.

Still wish I could mix this game and Warframe together and get the best of both worlds, but dreams are dreams, after all. I'll just hope that the coming patches and DLC keep up the pace.

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
Thread's dead but still: patch 1.3.0 seems to be out on all platforms. List of changes by ThirdChildZKI on reddit:
  1. Free for All mode added (Online BoB)
  2. 6 new maps for Death Match games
  3. Hero Battle mode matchmaking changed to Online Lobbies
  4. You can now change characters in online lobby
  5. 3 new high difficulty quests added to Co-Op after campaign is cleared.
  6. Online Co-Op quests now yield Exp
  7. Two new outfits (Copy Kureha & Copy Itsuki, still gender locked, sorry)
  8. Level Cap increased to 200
  9. Weapon Rank raised to 9
  10. 18 new Treasure Boxes added to all fields and dungeons
  11. 27 new Skills added to the game (Power Form 4, Healing Field 4 to name a few I saw)
  12. Receptionist ArFA-Sys and 10 Squadron NPC's get voices
  13. Item Storage and Item Box capacities increased
New arfasys voices are in too, but I don't remember if they're tied to the patch or to the DLC. The female voices didn't change much anyway.

Also, DLC 2 is out on PC, but once again they managed to break things and if you have it installed you can't load your save (it doesn't recognize your ownership of DLC1, which is a requirement for DLC2). So here I am, sitting and waiting for the hotfix.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
nothing SAOAGGO related? a patch right after the show ended you got me all excited for nothing

all this online stuff for pvp that when I played at launch, had 3~5 people playing total

any reason to play this game? I'm a trophy guy, I still ahven't gotten those. but after that, as a person who plays destiny weekly with my brothers, is there any reason for us to play ggo together?

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
For AGGO they added LLENN, Fuka, Pito and M as party members/characters for Hero Mode and called it a day.
For coop... now the coop missions give xp, but it doesn't make them much more interesting lol.

Still, with each patch they're putting in new modes - now we have 8 players BoB PvP, and vs bots there's a new 16-player one. Maybe in the end of the life it'll be meaty enough for people to jump back.

edit: PC version's fixed.

Last edited:

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
I have the season pass, so I'm not sure if Bullet of Bullets (free for all pvp) is attached to the DLCs or if it's part of the free content updates. Try checking the npcs on the Lobby area in town.
Before that, the sole pvp mode involved two teams competing on the total damage dealt to a boss.