• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

filkry

Oct 25, 2017
Just bought Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom on the eShop. It didn't appear on my Home Screen. I can also select it for redownload but it won't do that either. I checked I have sufficient space, and restarted the console. Anyone run into this before?

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Probably just server traffic. Was able to get it to work earlier in the day but experiencing this Now. I assume it will resolve shortly. Christmas usually has lots of issues with the eshop.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
That happened to me earlier today - I'm guessing it's because the eShop is under heavy load because of Christmas. I put the system in sleep mode and when I came back to it a couple hours later, the game was downloaded.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Yeah, I was having this same problem earlier when I downloaded The Jackbox Party Pack 7. Nintendo's servers are overloaded but your game should download eventually. It'll just randomly pop up. It might take up to an hour though.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That happened to me earlier today - I'm guessing it's because the eShop is under heavy load because of Christmas. I put the system in sleep mode and when I came back to it a couple hours later, the game was downloaded.
This was the same for me when I bought Mario All-Stars earlier today, fwiw

it was alarming when the icon didn't appear on the home screen

Gila Moo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Same thing happened to me when I was trying to redownload some software. Took about an hour or so for them to appear and start downloading.

Pido

Oct 30, 2017
Servers appears to be down now

edit: or maybe not? Couldn't get into the eshop before, but I can now

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
servers are funky today

took a long ass time for kingdom hearts mom to start downloading but it eventually did

Dec 25, 2018
happened earlier, got a few network error messages trying to access the e-shop and getting a game to download (it did eventually after leaving it a while). Probably heavy christmas traffic.

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I bought something an hour ago and it took a really long time before it showed up on my screen as downloading. Too many people got switches today.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Glad to find this topic.. Just bought Dicey Dungeons and can't download it at all. Tried the redownload option and just says "download starting" but nothing appears on the home screen. Before spotting this had tried a restart, closing all software, removing the SD card, clearing the user cache. Nada. Am on the latest OS version.

Bizarre, have never experienced it before. Kind of weird this is still an issue come the 8th January at 4am local time though..

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
^^^
same thing happened to me 1 hour ago.
Try to download a demo and see if that one starts. If it doesn't, it's the servers.

Just bought Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom on the eShop. It didn't appear on my Home Screen. I can also select it for redownload but it won't do that either. I checked I have sufficient space, and restarted the console. Anyone run into this before?

Got that before with the Monster Hunter demo. It' all appear and start downloading. Later. Prolly servers getting hammered.

twofive

Oct 27, 2017
The servers are probably being overload by the Monster Hunter demo. A lot of people are experiencing the same thing trying to download the demo.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
The servers are probably being overload by the Monster Hunter demo. A lot of people are experiencing the same thing trying to download the demo.
That would be it lol. Never been into MH so didn't even think of it. Damn it lmao, I just want my new Dicey Dungeons 😭😭