• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ring fit is fully deserved based on my couple of week's playthrough so far. A genuinely engaging game in its own right, with added exercise. Would have sold well anyway probably during the pandemic, but I'm pleased it's selling well and good.

Last edited:

Tialo

Dec 4, 2019
BotW is at ~23 Mio. units now if we combine sales of Switch- and WiiU-Version. I think it could indeed reach the 30-Mio.-bar in the end.

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As someone who went to the gym regularly before the pandemic. Is ring fit a good alternative to that?

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Where are people seeing the sales numbers for Pikmin 3 Deluxe?
the quarterly million sellers are always listed in a separate table in this document:

you don't look for those in the top 10 list on their website

hes no more clueless than anybody else here, he was reading how it seemingly wasent charting well in the UK and such and like alot of people here took from that to mean it did poorly but the reports about sales in Japan did give him some hope

looking at UK sales as an indicator for anything just shows you who to not listen to for any talk regarding sales lol. Uk is not even the biggest market in Europe and those UK charts always get treated like they represent the entire continent just because those are the only really easily accessible numbers on a regular schedule.

Last edited:

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
the quarterly million sellers are always listed in a separate table in this document:

you don't look for those in the top 10 list on their website

looking at UK sales as an indicator for anything just shows you who to not listen to for any talk regarding sales lol. Uk is not even the biggest market in Europe and those UK charts always get treated like they represent the entire continent just because those are the only really easily accessible numbers on a regular schedule.
You don't have to tell me that, I know all about it, but arlo's conclusions mirrors many posts I've read here on resetera and on Twitter and youtube

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
You mean the entire world. The number of times I've seen people try to extrapolate worldwide data from first week UK sales is not countable on my fingers and toes.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
As someone who went to the gym regularly before the pandemic. Is ring fit a good alternative to that?
I've never gone to a gym but I used to get regular exercise through a martial arts school I go to. It's a fairly fun game that integrates exercise incredibly well. You really feel like you're getting a good, structured workout in and at the same time it feels like a genuine video game.

It's not for everyone, but it's effective at what it tries to do and if you're motivated it's easy to jump in.

castaction

Oct 28, 2017
Dammn animal crossing sold a lot, mario party too 13 mil, im happy for luigi mansion 3 selling 9mil

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
You don't have to tell me that, I know all about it, but arlo's conclusions mirrors many posts I've read here on resetera and on Twitter and youtube
Yea, just had to vent again reading this. Reminded me a bit of the nonsense talk from mainly IGN about how ARMS was a complete failure or something when it comfortably moved a million copies right out the gate.
You mean the entire world. The number of times I've seen people try to extrapolate worldwide data from first week UK sales is not countable on my fingers and toes.
I've not come across that this often but I've also larged stayed away from sales discourse circles in the last few years.

Nov 18, 2020
Yea, just had to vent again reading this. Reminded me a bit of the nonsense talk from mainly IGN about how ARMS was a complete failure or something when it comfortably moved a million copies right out the gate.

I've not come across that this often but I've also larged stayed away from sales discourse circles in the last few years.

In general Nintendo's rule of thumb has traditionally been:

>1 million copies - Success
<1 million copies - Underperformed

Obviously this varies depending on the IP and expectations, but there's a reason why Nintendo only lists the games that sold >1 million in any given fiscal year.

I don't know how anyone can look at Pikmin 3 Deluxe which sold 1.94 million copies and generated >$116 million in revenue for Nintendo as an "underperformance." That's incredible for a touched-up Wii U port! Pure profit for Nintendo. Arlo is delusional if he thinks that's underperforming.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
These software sales numbers are insane, they have six games with 20+ million sold, and six-seven more that will likely pass the 10+ million mark. Even if people buy Nintendo hardware to play Nintendo games, these are great numbers. However, I don't see Link's Awakening or Fire Emblem sales in there. I'd imagine they must be above 1 million.

That's not the list of 1m+ lifetime titles, just of titles which sold more than 1M this fiscal year.

Link's Awakening should be above 4.6M now and Fire Emblem above 3M.

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've never gone to a gym but I used to get regular exercise through a martial arts school I go to. It's a fairly fun game that integrates exercise incredibly well. You really feel like you're getting a good, structured workout in and at the same time it feels like a genuine video game.

It's not for everyone, but it's effective at what it tries to do and if you're motivated it's easy to jump in.

That sounds engaging. But the biggest exercise is probably getting a copy of ring fit. Will try tho.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
I fully believe that Deluxe will end up overtaking Mario Kart Wii (I think that's the best selling one) by itself .

It's insane.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Look at them GAINZ on RFA. This is what happens when you never skip leg day.

Solid numbers all around. Nintendo is definitely eating and eating well. I suspect SM3DW will be another big 10+m seller.

Jan 15, 2019
I'm curious to see how Captain Toad sold. Nintendo is criticized for launching damn near every game at $60 but there doesn't seem to be much evidence that the $40 MSRP did much to help CT, considering it doesn't chart above games I'd expect it to at least be competitive with like Pikmin 3.

Found the answer. For anyone curious Captain Toad's managed about 1.6 million LTD on the Switch. Better than I expected tbh.

Moz La Punk

Journalist at Gamer.nl & Power Unlimited
Verified
May 15, 2018
The Netherlands
Ring fit is fully deserved based on my couple of week's playthrough so far. A genuinely engaging game in its own right, with added exercise. Would have sold well anyway probably during the pandemic, but I'm pleased it's selling well and good.

Im considering finally getting it now that the lockdown is wreaking havoc on my body.

is the game small living room and rug proof? And do you have to be right in front of the tv or can it be from an angle? Thanks.

edit: also, joycon drift isnt an issue in this game? I normally only use the Pro Controller

Dec 21, 2020
Jesus, they're doing just ridiculous numbers. If there was ever a time for Nintendo to pump out new IPs or revive / establish older ones, this is the one. Really hoping Metroid breaks the 3 million mark on the Switch

Also, damn, with those SMP sales, you'd have thought they'd do some DLC or something. I'm really hoping the next one has more content, with larger and more complex maps and items, as I can't say me or my family were a fun
I think Metroid Prime 4 can do 5 Million, just by install base alone.

A 2d-Metroid game? Considering the indies have revitalized the metroidvania sub-genre, 2 Million seems like a safe bet with any more being a plus.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder Pikmin 3 had also sold 1.27 million on Wii U. Check it.

In total, combining the Switch and Wii U sales figures (1.27 million + 1.94 million), Pikmin 3 has sold 3.21 million, making it by far and away the best selling game in the series.

The little franchise that could.

mingo

Oct 25, 2017
London
These figures show why Nintendo re-release games at full price, people complain about it but still buy them! Only Nintendo can get away with this! Lol

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Very surprised Pikmin 3 already sold more than Xenoblade DE.
Felt like Pikmin had pretty much zero buzz around it, as it was a very barebones full-price port.

Xenoblades numbers seem pretty disappointing compared to that, considering it was a way more substantial rerelease.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
There's various reasons why Xenoblade has hit a wall. That said, we had a thread on here where the majority predicted it to outsell XC2, so I think, among enthusiasts, expectations were high.

Deleted member 55822

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 10, 2019
Very surprised Pikmin 3 already sold more than Xenoblade DE.
Felt like Pikmin had pretty much zero buzz around it, as it was a very barebones full-price port.
I wouldn't called Pikmin 3 Deluxe a barebone port. Given it has new side story, co-op story mode, and changes in graphic details. It's along the line of TMS #FE Encore in that regard.

Also it's kind of a sleeper hit in Japan. Almost half of the total sales are from Japan alone iirc.

Salient_Lion

Dec 20, 2020
As a Zelda fan who's watched the series decline a little before BOTW, it's so good to see a mainline Zelda game sell more than the mainline Mario and Pokemon games of it's generation. Roll on BOTW2!

tazmin

Oct 30, 2017
Obligatory
ei1lc.jpeg