• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

skysthelimit

Jan 16, 2019
I should pick it up, then. I'm in the mood for something outside the open world checklist stuff that's taken up a lot of my gaming time lately. I need something whimsical and well-made. This might be what I'm looking for.
I just completed it last weekend after picking it back up. Couldn't put it down this time. Such a brilliant little game!

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
The Ring Fit sales make me hopeful for a sequel or DLC. I was thinking about this the other day and downloadable maps would be amazing. Imagine running through Hyrule, or a Mario crossover where you go down green pipes etc. The possibilities are endless.

So happy to see Nintendo doing so well following the Wii U. Switch may well be my favourite console ever.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The Ring Fit sales make me hopeful for a sequel or DLC. I was thinking about this the other day and downloadable maps would be amazing. Imagine running through Hyrule, or a Mario crossover where you go down green pipes etc. The possibilities are endless.

So happy to see Nintendo doing so well following the Wii U. Switch may well be my favourite console ever.
The rhythm game could use some more tracks, namely from ARMS, Donkey Kong, & Animal Crossing. Maybe Astral Chain as well now that Nintendo wholly owns the IP.

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
Wow, fantastic numbers for Pikmin!! Was worried for it, but this is great to see. They seriously need to bring back as many dormant IP as they can. Just about everything is doing insanely well on Switch.

Last edited:

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
MK8DX closing in on Wii is crazy. I was one of those ones screaming for 9 early on but it's clear there is no need. Shame but hey its working. Hopefully ith the huge break 9 is crazy for the Switch 2!
It still makes zero sense to not release it now and then do a DX version on Switch 2. MK9 would sell at least 30m on the Switch and then they could do the exact same thing again and sell an upgraded 4K version as MK9 DX with the DLC etc on the Switch 2 and do another 20-30m again. It's a bizarre business decision.

Jan 2, 2021
Jesus, they're doing just ridiculous numbers. If there was ever a time for Nintendo to pump out new IPs or revive / establish older ones, this is the one. Really hoping Metroid breaks the 3 million mark on the Switch

Also, damn, with those SMP sales, you'd have thought they'd do some DLC or something. I'm really hoping the next one has more content, with larger and more complex maps and items, as I can't say me or my family were a fun
Exactly! Seeing these numbers gives me a lot of hope for Metroid on Switch! Especially looking at Pikmin 3. I legitimately think even Prime Trilogy could pull something similar.

Oct 26, 2017
They already have 3 successful new IPs on the Switch with ARMS, Astral Chain, & especially Ring Fit Adventure.
And I hope to see more, especially long term. It's even fine if it's in an older IP, like Kid Icarus Uprising was. Not everything will necessarily appeal to me but I always love seeing new ideas like this. Still need to get back into Astral Chain and Ring Fit Adventure has been real nice with the pandemic. Just wish I had more motivation :P

Exactly! Seeing these numbers gives me a lot of hope for Metroid on Switch! Especially looking at Pikmin 3. I legitimately think even Prime Trilogy could pull something similar.
I'm honestly expecting good numbers from Metroid Prime 4 and Metroid V. Not necessarily Mario or Zelda levels but I think it'll help establish it as a system seller for Nintendo systems. As someone who played the Metroid Prime games via emulators, I'll be down to properly get them for the Switch

Jan 2, 2021
And I hope to see more, especially long term. It's even fine if it's in an older IP, like Kid Icarus Uprising was. Not everything will necessarily appeal to me but I always love seeing new ideas like this. Still need to get back into Astral Chain and Ring Fit Adventure has been real nice with the pandemic. Just wish I had more motivation :P

I'm honestly expecting good numbers from Metroid Prime 4 and Metroid V. Not necessarily Mario or Zelda levels but I think it'll help establish it as a system seller for Nintendo systems. As someone who played the Metroid Prime games via emulators, I'll be down to properly get them for the Switch
I've been saying for a while that Prime 4 will easily be the best selling Metroid game of all time. The one that interests me most is a new 2D Metroid. Very curious to see how that would perform.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
we got a mario maker 2 update after 9 months
  • Super Mario Maker 2 - 6.91M (+1.43M since March 2020)
not too bad, tbh.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Arlo is totally clueless.
hes no more clueless than anybody else here, he was reading how it seemingly wasent charting well in the UK and such and like alot of people here took from that to mean it did poorly but the reports about sales in Japan did give him some hope

Oct 25, 2017
hes no more clueless than anybody else here, he was reading how it seemingly wasent charting well in the UK and such and like alot of people here took from that to mean it did poorly but the reports about sales in Japan did give him some hope
I mean I didn't look much in the UK sales anyways. And also I have a nose. He does not have a nose.

Mr. President

Oct 27, 2017
Are Mario Kart sales usually that high? Dang.
mario_kart_pie_chart.jpg

YourBuddy

Oct 27, 2017
Those are pretty wild numbers for a port bundle. The profits on that must be crazy, I expect to see similar things in the future.

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It still makes zero sense to not release it now and then do a DX version on Switch 2. MK9 would sell at least 30m on the Switch and then they could do the exact same thing again and sell an upgraded 4K version as MK9 DX with the DLC etc on the Switch 2 and do another 20-30m again. It's a bizarre business decision.

It made sense for switch since it hasnt bc. But I sure hope that's not true for switch 2.
So pls do mk9 switch 2 exclusive.

Oct 26, 2017
I've been saying for a while that Prime 4 will easily be the best selling Metroid game of all time. The one that interests me most is a new 2D Metroid. Very curious to see how that would perform.
With how well everything else has been doing on Switch, I'd say that's all but a guarantee. I'm curious if they're just gonna do a retread of MP1 or go further beyond

Yeah, that's a fair question. I'd imagine a $60 price tag for a more niche 2D game would be a tough sell but maybe I'll be surprised

Iggelich

Aug 31, 2019
Wii U was mainly bought by Nintendo enthusiasts who are more willing to buy a slightly upgraded version of the same game on a new console. The situation now is very different, the Switch being wildly popular with a lot of casual players who probably are less inclined to buy the same game multiple times. So MK9 might be popular on Switch, but it could cut short MK8DX sales, and not translate to the same success of a MK9DX.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Paper Mario over 3 million is such a beautiful thing to see.

Also Animal Crossing has truly become a King lol

MarcelRguez

Nov 7, 2018
Both Paper Mario and XCDE seem to have slowed down considerably. I guess there's plenty of other Mario games for the casual fan, and a remakester doesn't drum up as much interest as an entirely new game. Still, it's curious to see, and I wonder if Super Paper Mario will remain the best-selling game in the series.

JJConrad

Nov 3, 2017
There's a three way race to 10Million between LM3, RFA, and M3DAS, that's balanced between distance and momentum. Who will win?

The distinction between Nintendo's A Teams and Nintendo's B Teams is becoming very noticeable. There are going to be very few games between 5 million and 15 million when the system's life comes to an end.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
Xenoblade numbers seem like kind of disapointment
nah, most people didn't expect it to get this close to Xeno2 to begin with, they probably made a huge profit on it since it's a remake and even the additional content is a map that was cut from the original game.

Next Level's purchase is the last in a long line of dirt cheap studio purchases, like look at Luigi's sales Nintendo will break even on this investment in no time, heck they will probably break even trough Luigi's legs. The money will not stop flowing in that studio.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Go Zelda Go Zelda Go Zelda! I wonder how high this can creep until the sequel hits.

LM3 above 9m is seriously impressive.
And i think for what MK Live: Home Circuit is, they must be pretty happy with it being above 1m.

E: No Update on Fire Emblem since June last year? Lame.

marcbret87

Apr 20, 2018
These software sales numbers are insane, they have six games with 20+ million sold, and six-seven more that will likely pass the 10+ million mark. Even if people buy Nintendo hardware to play Nintendo games, these are great numbers. However, I don't see Link's Awakening or Fire Emblem sales in there. I'd imagine they must be above 1 million.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Ring Fit Trainee better not be just an echo fighter of Wii Fit Trainer in the next Smash game lol.

(Although they may just outright replace WFT depending on how they handle the roster.)

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i guess that's the reason but it's still weird

Especially because Koei published the ENTIRE AOC numbers, including ones where Nintendo published the game... so I guess it doesn't go both ways? Lol
It makes sense given AoC is a third party like Mario and Rabbids, Bravely Default 2, and Dragon Quest 11. Hyrule Warriors was a licensed musou game like One Piece and the like

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
Go Zelda Go Zelda Go Zelda! I wonder how high this can creep until the sequel hits.

LM3 above 9m is seriously impressive.
And i think for what MK Live: Home Circuit is, they must be pretty happy with it being above 1m.

E: No Update on Fire Emblem since June last year? Lame.
And when the sequel drops the original will sell even more! Honestly pretty wild that a Zelda game might actually outsell a Smash Bros game