• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
It's a fantastic game, by far the best in the series. It's a wonderful 15 hour adventure.

I should pick it up, then. I'm in the mood for something outside the open world checklist stuff that's taken up a lot of my gaming time lately. I need something whimsical and well-made. This might be what I'm looking for.

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
huh, so now Mario Sunshine's best selling release is 3D All Stars?

seems like this could be also the highest one for Galaxy and SM64 but too bad Nintendo is shelving the game in march.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding Pokemon,
there was a time when people said the games could under perform because of the price increase from past portable games to Switch ? Good times.

Nah. There's only ever the timeline where those pkm mainline games sell well and it's hardly surprising they get the same switch boost as everything else.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
schermata2021-02-01ale1kll.png

Last Pokémon entry to sell more than 20 million units was Gold/Silver, which totaled 23.73m. Sword/Shield has sold up until 31 December, 2020 20.35m. Let's Go also reach the 13m mark.

qit7Dqh.png

Thanks Serebii for the picture!
Your thread was deleted I think?

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
MK8DX closing in on Wii is crazy. I was one of those ones screaming for 9 early on but it's clear there is no need. Shame but hey its working. Hopefully ith the huge break 9 is crazy for the Switch 2!

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Nah. There's only ever the timeline where those pkm mainline games sell well and it's hardly surprising they get the same switch boost as everything else.
Thats easy to say now, im talking about discussions before Switch was a established software sales monster.
Also underperforming is a relative, it obv. would still have sold well but according to some people not as well as past handheld games because of the price increase lol.

Not saying that i was sharing that sentiment.

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus, they're doing just ridiculous numbers. If there was ever a time for Nintendo to pump out new IPs or revive / establish older ones, this is the one. Really hoping Metroid breaks the 3 million mark on the Switch

Also, damn, with those SMP sales, you'd have thought they'd do some DLC or something. I'm really hoping the next one has more content, with larger and more complex maps and items, as I can't say me or my family were a fun

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The MK8D numbers in particular kill me, because it just underscores how utterly irrelevant the Wii U was.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo only releases data for games they publish. KT already published AoC numbers anyway.
i guess that's the reason but it's still weird

Especially because Koei published the ENTIRE AOC numbers, including ones where Nintendo published the game... so I guess it doesn't go both ways? Lol

Oct 31, 2017
Man I'm happy for all these numbers but I am especially happy to see BotW continue to grow and Luigi's Mansion 3 just pouring in sales for something that's in many ways is a niche genre at best. Really curious to see what kind of bump BotW experiences, if any, when MonHun launches and hold out gamers pick up their Switches. I want new LM's as long as Nintendo is putting out new hardware.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
So it looks like this is million sellers only. Do we have any idea how Fire Emblem TH is doing, just out of curiosity? The switch tide seems to have lifted all boats, even those that have historically been a bit leaky :D

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
  • Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics - 2.62M (+810K)
tenor.gif

Luigi's Mansion 3 hitting 1.3 million last quarter is pretty amazing. It seemed like it sold very well out of the gate but kind of tapered off, but it's steadily selling a ton. It will easily top 10 million and might double the sales of LM2 if it keeps up the pace.

3D All Stars sold over 8 million in three months and they're gonna chop the legs off that thing soon. Nintendo acting wild.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
imo the sword/shield milestone deserves its own thread. if another one is made, we can remote pokemon from this threads title and add something else.

Last edited:

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

Luigi's Mansion 3 hitting 1.3 million last quarter is pretty amazing. It seemed like it sold very well out of the gate but kind of tapered off, but it's steadily selling a ton. It will easily top 10 million and might double the sales of LM2 if it keeps up the pace.

3D All Stars sold over 8 million in three months and they're gonna chop the legs off that thing soon. Nintendo acting wild.
Rumor has it. Tom Nook order the hit on Mario for March 31st.

He's the new face of Nintendo. It's Tom's World now.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Someday I'm gonna see Kirby in one of these lists and I'll be a very happy man.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
Also yass at Clubhouse doing numbers. Time for Style Savvy to return and become an even bigger franchise.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
I wonder how many billion dollar revenue title Switch has left. Could 3D World and Gen 4 remake sell more than 16.6 M LTD? BotW 2 seems possible. I don't know if Mario Party and Let's Go have another 3.3M in them for 2-3 years without price cuts but that's not impossible either.

z0m3le

Oct 25, 2017
"Super Mario 3D All-Stars, released in September as part of the Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary campaign and selling 8.32 million units."
Hopefully that sells another 2M+ and kicks NSMBUDX off the top 10, though 3D World could also challenge that, and ring fit will hit 10 Million units too...

Jan 15, 2019
I'm curious to see how Captain Toad sold. Nintendo is criticized for launching damn near every game at $60 but there doesn't seem to be much evidence that the $40 MSRP did much to help CT, considering it doesn't chart above games I'd expect it to at least be competitive with like Pikmin 3.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Jesus, they're doing just ridiculous numbers. If there was ever a time for Nintendo to pump out new IPs or revive / establish older ones, this is the one. Really hoping Metroid breaks the 3 million mark on the Switch

Also, damn, with those SMP sales, you'd have thought they'd do some DLC or something. I'm really hoping the next one has more content, with larger and more complex maps and items, as I can't say me or my family were a fun
They already have 3 successful new IPs on the Switch with ARMS, Astral Chain, & especially Ring Fit Adventure.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
If Nintendo can remain wildly successful with their more traditional gaming/sales model even when we enter the subscription/streaming hell, I'll be more than happy.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
Amazing numbers. Glad Nintendo is thriving because I love what they bring to the table.
Some things I noticed outside of the evergreens :
-51 ww games is doing very well. It is a big success in Japan and France I think.
-Paper Mario TOK doesn't seem to have very strong legs. It is doing well but it seems to be on the lower end of that switch boost. It needs to sell 1.2 millions more copies to beat the best selling entry Super PM. Don't know if it can get there.
-amazing numbers for Pikmin 3dx. Relieved it is doing well cause that kind of game really brings quality and diversity to Nintendo portfolio.
-Mario Maker 2 is also not enjoying a huge switch boost but it has almost sold 3 millions more copies than the first game. Hard to call a game selling 7 millions a flop. It just seems a bit tame in comparison.

Shaoran Hyku

Aug 6, 2020
I wonder if we are going to see the Nintendo Selects brand again. Looking at that sales of old games like MK8D and Zelda, I don't think so, but maybe they are waiting for the Switch Pro to reduce the price of launch titles?