• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Never really got firm details on what happened there. I had more than half a dozen reliable contacts tell me about plans to bring a Call of Duty to Switch in 2018 (obviously it didn't happen). Wish I could give a more in-depth explanation but that's really all I can say on that subject. Could have been a case of miscommunication, assumption by the contacts, or a red herring to track info spread.

Could it also be plans just change? The game wasn't running up to Activisions standards or the focus went elsewhere?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Could it also be plans just change? The game wasn't running up to Activisions standards or the focus went elsewhere?

There was a rumor about the single player mode from this year's CoD being cut and a lot of other stuff with it, possibly including the Switch version. I have no idea where this rumor came from but I've seen people discuss it here.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
No worries -- just keep posting those 20-minute first looks of new games and we're all good. :-)
That's the plan. Got a lot of Switch stuff coming next week -- Battle Princess Madelyn, Everlast, some cat game Hunter something, and currently trying to solve the first stage of Hello Neighbor - Hide & Seek.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
tin-foil hat and all but.... could this have been a shady tactic by the organizers to hype the TGA event?

my suspicion is that organizers (Geoff & co.) knew well from the start Metroid wasn't happening at all but they started the rumor/leak engine anyway by sending key people to spread BS into the next layer in the leak process (meaning King Zell's, Nate Drake's and other internet insiders' sources were asked/paid/told/whatever to let the Bullshit info trickle into the internet) so that you guys would carry the info and spread it further across the internet by hyping twitter/Era/etc.

I mean, people stayed tuned 3 hours hoping so TGA got what it wanted: more viewership.

I don't think we've ever seen anything like this, way too many decent people being caught "lying" all of a sudden or with shit unreliable sources.

Doesn't add up and I feel like there was something shady going on.

I genuinely think that this is likely what happened. I'm not the tin-foil hat type, but it's in the organizers' best interest to maximize viewership. No one is more rabid than the Nintendo fanbase, and they hype trains for Nintendo-related products are unmatched.

They knew this, exploited this by putting information here or there into the ether - and it resulted in the huge disappointment yesterday.

There's NO way, Geoff and his Doritos loving brethren were not aware of Metroid tease after tease throughout the years at events like this, and at this event in the past. They just likely exploited it.

Oct 26, 2017
tin-foil hat and all but.... could this have been a shady tactic by the organizers to hype the TGA event?

my suspicion is that organizers (Geoff & co.) knew well from the start Metroid wasn't happening at all but they started the rumor/leak engine anyway by sending key people to spread BS into the next layer in the leak process (meaning King Zell's, Nate Drake's and other internet insiders' sources were asked/paid/told/whatever to let the Bullshit info trickle into the internet) so that you guys would carry the info and spread it further across the internet by hyping twitter/Era/etc.

I mean, people stayed tuned 3 hours hoping so TGA got what it wanted: more viewership.

I don't think we've ever seen anything like this, way too many decent people being caught "lying" all of a sudden or with shit unreliable sources.

Doesn't add up and I feel like there was something shady going on.
Nah, just a case of a rumour getting a life of its own, and a good reminder to always keep lots of salt pinches handy when dealing with leaks and rumours.

Axass

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I posted my apology on Twitter and I'll say here again: I am sorry. I genuinely feel bad that you are disappointed & the feel of guilt for failing the community certainly weighs down on me.
That's a very nice and responsible thing for you to say. In the end, even though people are rightly disappointed by what happened, nothing horrible went down, it's just a game reveal.

That said, you guys should revise your policies about leaks and "insiders". Look what happened with Smash Ultimate and look what happened with MP4. It's only going to get worse. Please, stop hinting at stuff and let people be hyped or disappointed by themselves when reveals happen or don't happen. The current insider culture is very toxic, with honest people getting attacked and wannabe famous making up stuff and playing with fans' wishes. No matter how sure you're of something happening, you can never be 100% sure. Unless you have seen firsthand physical proof of something you should just be quiet.

Nov 3, 2017
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_8?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=yoshi+crafted+world+nintendo+switch&sprefix=yoshi+cr,aps,424&crid=26N28XONDIVUT

Amazon lists the release date of Yoshi's Crafted World as April 26, 2019.

JCCmQfV.png
Image copy in case it gets deleted

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mar 31, 2018
Can nobody take over this topic? I liked it so much to follow the rumors that could all be found in the topic in a well-organized way ....

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Did OP offer to let someone take it over? It couldn't be that bad of a job to take over.

I'm honestly thinking of not updating the thread. It's not fun anymore. There are too many fakers and bad "leakers" and if I were to add them all, I wouldn't have any space left. Also, it's hard to pinpoint who leaked what first when there are stuff in video form (like Liam) or archived stuff which I can't verify if they are true of have been edited after-the-fact.

Also, some leaks are way too vague and I only add them due to the track record of the person, but I feel this treatment shouldn't be exclusive to some people, but then again, if it isn't, then the thread would be filled with bullshit vague leaks.

If someone reliable wants to carry the torch, let me know and we'll talk to a mod to allow you to make a new thread and copy all the contents.

Otherwise, the updates to the thread will be sporadic. It doesn't help that I got a new job and I don't have the time to scour threads/reddit like before.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
So I talked to ReyVGM and I'll be making the new thread.

I'll need some time to fully update the last few months but the thread should be up and active soon enough.

We should thank ReyVGM for creating and updating this thread for the past year. Hopefully the transition should be quick and smooth.

OP
OP
ReyVGM

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
It couldn't be that bad of a job to take over.

You sweet summer child.

We should thank ReyVGM for creating and updating this thread for the past year. Hopefully the transition should be quick and smooth.

Thanks to everyone who contributed too. But good luck shifting through all the users wanting you to add every BS 4chan/reddit rumor. And good luck navigating all those pokemon/smash rumors once their new games start to get rumored. And good luck deciphering if a leaker is actually hinting at something, or if they are just giving an opinion.

It's going to be your thread now, so you can follow your own rules and add whatever you want. But I would personally avoid adding every single rumor you come across, or else you'll fill out the OP pretty fast. Also, I would always add the original source if possible. For example, if GoNintendo lists a rumor, don't link to GN, but to where they got the info in the first place. However, if GN has a good summary of the rumor, then you could add their link along with the source. In my case I usually add a forum thread, because the thread will always be there and it usually has the original source link, pics and a decent summary of the rumor.

Let me know if you have any other Qs.

Last edited:

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
So I talked to ReyVGM and I'll be making the new thread.

I'll need some time to fully update the last few months but the thread should be up and active soon enough.

Good luck, this will be a tough job. And thanks for taking up the responsibility.

And thanks to ReyVGM for trying this out in the first place, it really was a great idea.

OP
OP
ReyVGM

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Good luck, this will be a tough job. And thanks for taking up the responsibility.

And thanks to ReyVGM for trying this out in the first place, it really was a great idea.

It's still a great idea ( K Samedi ) , I just don't have the time anymore (for now) and all those pokemon/smash rumors and dubious leakers like stealth and marcus sellars really disillusioned me because I didn't know if I should add them or not.

It's really tough to spend time of your day updating an OP with rumors you just know are fake.

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
It's still a great idea ( K Samedi ) , I just don't have the time anymore (for now) and all those pokemon/smash rumors and dubious leakers like stealth and marcus sellars really disillusioned me because I didn't know if I should add them or not.

It's really tough to spend time of your day updating an OP with rumors you just know are fake.
Thanks for all you did.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It always felt like one of the great things about this thread is it gave evidence as to who had a bad track record. So my take would simply be, put any leaks on here that come from a named source (at least at first), and if any user proves unreliable through this thread, then their future leaks stop getting added.

OP
OP
ReyVGM

ReyVGM

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
It always felt like one of the great things about this thread is it gave evidence as to who had a bad track record. So my take would simply be, put any leaks on here that come from a named source (at least at first), and if any user proves unreliable through this thread, then their future leaks stop getting added.

That... actually sounds like a good idea.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017

Great work dude and yeah sorry for not getting things done faster. Its been a busy time but I will update you when I have more to say.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, it will but it will be my way to give something back to the community.

That... actually sounds like a good idea.

Yep. It could even be improved by introducing a treshold of accuracy. If you are below it, you are no longer referenced. Even the best leakers can be wrong sometimes.
Lelouch0612 is a perfect fit for this job, thanks for taking over and thanks for all the work in the past ReyVGM
Thanks ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.