• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Piscus

Oct 27, 2017
You people need to think like Nintendo. $300 for a console is too much for children. They need an entry level platform to lure younger gamers to their world. They always had one since Gameboy, and they'll continue having one. 3DS might not get new releases from now on but cheap ports like Epic Yarn will continue to come to it until Nintendo decides to introduce brand new "beginners system". Maybe Switch will take over that duty when Switch 2 comes out.

And yes, I believe Metroid Trilogy could be a 3DS title.
I am skeptical of that last part. Metroid Prime Trilogy's target demographic doesn't really scream "children that can't afford a $300 Switch."

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
It won't until 3DS dies as well. And you all know very well that 3DS is going to outlive Switch. Why would Nintendo kill a $80 platform with ridiculous library?

3DS is dying fast and it will be dead this year, decline in sales proves that.
Talking about Nintendo support for 3DS, it seems that Nintendo doesn't have any new announcement for 3DS past March 31.

You people need to think like Nintendo. $300 for a console is too much for children. They need an entry level platform to lure younger gamers to their world. They always had one since Gameboy, and they'll continue having one. 3DS might not get new releases from now on but cheap ports like Epic Yarn will continue to come to it until Nintendo decides to introduce brand new "beginners system". Maybe Switch will take over that duty when Switch 2 comes out.

Metroid Prime Trilogy HD 3DS tittle!?
OK, this gone past trolling.

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
fyV1zPn_d.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
He has been wrong before.
Don't say that too loud, he's pretty much revered as a God on Resetera and you'll be lynched for daring to suggest he (or his sources) could get something wrong.

I know Nintendo does this during their Treehouse Live segments at E3.
This is really interesting. May I ask how you know this? Has it been written about somewhere or do you know people that have been involved in such a thing?

It doesn't surprise me but I've never seen it confirmed.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I am skeptical of that last part. Metroid Prime Trilogy's target demographic doesn't really scream "children that can't afford a $300 Switch."

But it does scream "make kids get into Metroid franchise so they can buy a Switch and Metroid Prime 4". I don't know if you people were around during SNES times, but Nintendo used to do this a lot. I remember Metroid 2 had lots of ads for SNES and Super Metroid inside the box. I wasn't one of them, but know a couple of people who got SNES thanks to marketing via cheaper console.

I believe Luigi's Mansion 1 last year was an example of that.

Metroid Prime Trilogy HD 3DS tittle!?
OK, this gone past trolling.

People said same thing about Nintendo when they announced Luigi's Mansion and Epic Yarn for 3DS. "why aren't they on Switch?". It's time to realize we're not the only target audience for Nintendo.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Is Prime Trilogy even technically possible on 3DS Hardware? Seems substantially larger than a port of a 2D game, or a downgrade of a game working on a pre existing engine.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
People said same thing about Nintendo when they announced Luigi's Mansion and Epic Yarn for 3DS. "why aren't they on Switch?". It's time to realize we're not the only target audience for Nintendo.

Luigi's Mansion and Epic Yarn had far much more sense than something like Metroid Prime Trilogy.
Also, 3DS is now in further decline in sales in populiarty while Switch can only be stronger.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Is Prime Trilogy even technically possible on 3DS Hardware? Seems substantially larger than a port of a 2D game, or a downgrade of a game working on a pre existing engine.

Technically? Sure, there are Gamecube and Wii games on the 3DS already.

Realistically? No, it's not happening outside of the paranoid minds of some (or one?) people here.

C.Tsubasa

Nov 8, 2017
Don't say that too loud, he's pretty much revered as a God on Resetera and you'll be lynched for daring to suggest he (or his sources) could get something wrong.

This is really interesting. May I ask how you know this? Has it been written about somewhere or do you know people that have been involved in such a thing?

It doesn't surprise me but I've never seen it confirmed.

Are you an idiot? If you dont like insiders just ignore them, no need to say stupid stuff about them.

we post here for fun and so people can find something to talk about, if dont like that you can shut the F up.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
It's cool guys I'm just here to read about all the rumours that have been coming out for the Switch and enjoy the conversati-...

2GNCdQx.gif

But, seriously, I'm loving the new rumours to kick off 2019. This year is shaping up to be a monster for Nintendo, if half of them are true.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you an idiot? If you dont like insiders just ignore them, no need to say stupid stuff about them.

we post here for fun and so people can find something to talk about, if dont like that you can shut the F up.

they're bait posts trying to get you banned/warned, don't fall for them and ignore the dude

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

No need for insulting :/ I love insiders on Era regardless if they are right or wrong (because discussions are nearly always fun) but there's no need to insult here. Just ignore them.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
But they are here. They might sound ridiculous to many Switch owners but apparently not to Nintendo.

But Luigi's Mansion didn't sell well. And Kirby's Epic Yarn will not sell well. It made sense to keep trying to take advantage of that user base but once they see the results, it no longer does.

It doesn't make financial sense to keep greenlighting these games that make them no money.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Thank you to the insiders for bringing some water cooler talk and exciting teases to ERA. :)

OP
OP
Lelouch0612

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017

So in one sentence you both insult a valuable member of this community and basically everyone that posts in this thread.

Bravo.

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I can deal with negative but this is personal stuff that has nothing to do with my post.
I think it's more about the general response of your posts instead of a personal attack.. Although I have to say that, now that I look at his postin history, I can see why it's tiring. My apologies.

That's fine then. We won't have any insiders posting anything and giving us things to discuss and these forums will be even more pointless than they already are. Sounds wonderful...
Doubt is imminent with leaked information. I enjoy hints and leaks. I have to say that I personally think today's/yesterday's rally of his was a bit of an overkill. I don't want so shy insiders away, but mixed response is part of the business. As long as it doesn't become personal, that is.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
So is Nintendo really doing a "Zelda every year" or it's just happening that way?

I remember they was a rumor about that, but it doesn't seem intentional. We've haven't had a 2D single player Zelda since 2013 and 2020 will be 3 years after BOTW. Seems like good timing. Plus we're assuming no delays, Zelda games sometimes get that

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
But Luigi's Mansion didn't sell well. And Kirby's Epic Yarn will not sell well. It made sense to keep trying to take advantage of that user base but once they see the results, it no longer does.

It doesn't make financial sense to keep greenlighting these games that make them no money.
What was the last 3ds new first party non pokemon game to even have really good sales.

Oct 27, 2017
Metroid Prime Trilogy makes the most sense of any unconfirmed rumour I've heard in a long time. Nintendo get to re-release a product that many seem to want, and probably update it to bring out the visual best in a beloved trilogy. Plus it acts as a marketing tool for 4 by recapping the earlier games and introducing them to a new generation. It's a win-win situation and is so much more easily justified than other recent ports.

Star Fox Grand Prix is my favourite rumour though because if the game exists it would not only keep the IP alive but the suggested premise of racing and shooting sounds cool as hell.

I think the rumour I believe the least is the Switch revision, because I want to believe Nintendo can do so much with the existing model. But then I said the same about the circle pad pro and the New 3DS brand, so who knows.

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL

Do you really think Nintendo isn't turning profits on those games? I think it's more of an opportunity cost situation.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

The problem with this post and your post in the other thread is that you assume that all of us (or even most of us) are assuming his rumors are 100% true, when in reality virtually nobody thinks that. Almost everyone here is seasoned enough to know what a rumor is, and how nobody should ever take a rumor as 100% true no matter the source until it's confirmed.

It's people like you who love to crash our discussions because you assume we're all going to lose ourselves to the hype that are the problem when it comes to rumors and insiders. Maybe you should start trusting that we know how to take care of ourselves.

Do you really think Nintendo isn't turning profits on those games? I think it's more of an opportunity cost situation.

I don't doubt that they're making a small profit but like you said it's the opportunity cost. They can make, I dunno, ~$300k profit on MPT 3DS or they can maybe ~$1.5M profit on it on Switch. That's the idea.

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
So is Nintendo really doing a "Zelda every year" or it's just happening that way?

I remember they was a rumor about that, but it doesn't seem intentional. We've haven't had a 2D single player Zelda since 2013 and 2020 will be 3 years after BOTW. Seems like good timing. Plus we're assuming no delays, Zelda games sometimes get that
We've basically already been getting one Zelda game per year during the entire 3DS generation (including remakes of main entries), although sometimes it was two games in one year and zero in the next. One Zelda game each year is the result of the combined development power of Nintendo on one platform instead of two.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Tom Philips of Eurogamer was a bit vague about that "one Zelda a year":

As I understand it, Nintendo is keen to have a Zelda game launch on Switch every year. Following 2017 epic Breath of the Wild, 2018 had a port of spin-off Hyrule Warriors. Is Skyward Sword HD Nintendo's Zelda game for 2019?

Seeing as there are two main Zelda teams working on new games plus potential remakes/remasters and spinoffs... it's kind of an inevitability, whether it's intentional or not.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is probably not the right place to say this but the constant rumor mongering really needs to stop. I appreciate the thread to look back on but constantly taking inside information on face value and repeating them ad nauseam as fact leading to harassment and antagonizing on the off chance something turns out to be wrong. And yeah I can chose to ignore them (and I do most of the time) but it makes actually having a discussion hard when the main argument is "this guy said that therefore your wrong." No matter if the source is from somebody reliable like Emily Rogers or from 4chan.

I guess what I'm trying to say is stop taking rumors at face value.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
I can't believe you actually clarified this. Must be tiring sometimes reading era

Getting kinda tiring hearing the "it's a Nintendo thing to do" when most of the time they wouldn't do that lol

Eh. Such things aren't exclusive to ERA. See it on Twitter and other social networks. People rather doubt or be negative when it comes to Nintendo because some feel Nintendo is dumb when it comes to decisions.

I can deal with negative but this is personal stuff that has nothing to do with my post.

The harassment & personal attacks are the key reason I stopped sharing things.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy

I think the intent is there but I don't know if they are ready yet, to keep up the Zelda releases they would need a Zeda spin-off for 2021 that should already have started development, unless they got crazy and dumped a bunch of money on From Software I have no idea what kind of Zelda Spin-off they could do next, an RPG is a long time request from the fans but who would Nintendo trust to make it ? Perhaps Ubisoft Milan after Mario+Rabbids but their next game will likely release in 2020