• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
physical version will now be on a cartridge

Is there another version I'm not aware of.

Switch on CD

KoopaSwitch

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
So likely partial game on cart and massive download.

Does that even count as a "game" on a cart?

Wilco

Nov 25, 2018
Physical with cartridge, so good to hear it. Back in the buy list. Stay safe

Heruderu

Oct 29, 2017
It's better than a code in a box because it's reusable, tradeable.
Exactly, and that's why it left my wishlist then, and came back to it today, just like that.

I want the game, but I don't like to get full-priced games digitally. Now I'm getting it for sure.

Too bad for Virtuos, though. Hope the staff stays safe from the virus.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly, and that's why it left my wishlist then, and came back to it today, just like that.

I want the game, but I don't like to get full-priced games digitally. Now I'm getting it for sure.

Too bad for Virtuos, though. Hope the staff stays safe from the virus.

I want to play it but know my brother will love it. Buying two digital copies wouldn't be worth it but buying him a physical copy I can then borrow is 100% worth it.

Drensch

Oct 27, 2017
The choice to make a physical copy is great. Hopefully this situation, is reigned in and a cheap remedy is created.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What would the physical version be on if not a cartridge? A code in a box? That doesn't count as a physical release.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
The people in the other thread saying that the Coronavirus would have no effect on the gaming landscape look mighty silly right now, especially considering a lot of work is outsourced to studios in China

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I understand, health comes above everything.

This is the second Switch game March has lost this week. I hope the Direct brings new stuff for next month.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
"we're now releasing the physical version on cartridge"

As opposed to what exactly? How where they releasing the physical version before?

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
The box is physical, the game isn't. Which is obviously what people mean by physical release.

ls this a real question?

To me physical means "buy a box in store", first and foremost. As a pc gamer, buying a box with a code is pretty normal, and has been so for years at this point. EVen then, people still buy those boxes (especially here in Germany), because they don't want to buy online, prefer using cash or want to give them as a gift.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
The people in the other thread saying that the Coronavirus would have no effect on the gaming landscape look mighty silly right now, especially considering a lot of work is outsourced to studios in China
If the outbreak continues for a few more months, we're probably in for a huge wave of even more delays.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To me physical means "buy a box in store", first and foremost. As a pc gamer, buying a box with a code is pretty normal, and has been so for years at this point. EVen then, people still buy those boxes (especially here in Germany), because they don't want to buy online, prefer using cash or want to give them as a gift.

ok well in the context of console games, physical means that the game itself is on physical media.

Oct 26, 2017
i would assume the porting work is being outsourced to a chinese dev team
Virtuos is HQ'd in China no? But they have teams all around the world. I'm assuming this implies it's a Chinese team on the port. Was Starlink Switch by a Chinese team at Virtuos? Because that was a very high-end port and turned out beautifully, and I assumed that was what got them the job for Outer Worlds' Switch port.

I REALLY hope this doesn't imply some of the team got infected by the virus. :'( But it's not definitely fatal right? There's no "cure", it's more like a cold, it has to basically leave the system overtime, but obviously under heavy medical moderation, from what some at my local hospital told me anyway.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Virtuos is HQ'd in China no? But they have teams all around the world. I'm assuming this implies it's a Chinese team on the port. Was Starlink Switch by a Chinese team at Virtuos? Because that was a very high-end port and turned out beautifully, and I assumed that was what got them the job for Outer Worlds' Switch port.

I REALLY hope this doesn't imply some of the team got infected by the virus. :'( But it's not definitely fatal right? There's no "cure", it's more like a cold, it has to basically leave the system overtime, but obviously under heavy medical moderation, from what some at my local hospital told me anyway.