• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Just curious since they've been out a few months now and I'm likely gonna pick one up before AC comes out. Any joycon drift or other issues etc?

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amazing, I love the thing. If it wasn't for ringfit adventure I would have sold my big switch.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bought the turquoise one at launch h and the joycons are holding on quite well. However, I'd recommend everyone to use a silicon case and a glass screen for their Switch. I'm super careful with my consoles yet my Lite scratched and I dunno how. Also the color of the console paint has been fading for some reason? Luckily for me I got the Pokemon Switch on Christmas so I'm replacing my turquoise with that one.

purg3

Oct 25, 2017
Put in roughly 80 hours in Sword on the lite and it's great and no issues to report on. I haven't played much on my docked Switch since getting this.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got the Pokémon one and love it. I really get a DS/DS Lite feel here - the original Switch feels like a prototype after using the Lite for two months.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
Got a yellow one over the holidays to see if I liked it more than the OG in handheld mode, and I actually do. Put a Nintendo Flip Cover on it and it makes it even better. Yes, the price of the cover sucks, but it's a pretty damn good case. As a handheld device, it's much much better than the original in handheld mode.

Bend

Oct 27, 2017
I've got a release day grey model with an official flip case. Take it to work everyday in my backpack, no issues at all so far

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Got one at launch for my 4 and 8 year olds to share. It has held up very well. A glass screen protector and protective cover are essential, just as they are for the OG Switch, but the Lite seems to be very well made.

TrubbleFrog

Feb 23, 2018
Did the supposed drift issue ever amounted to something?

This has really been the biggest question holding me back from buying a Lite. I managed to avoid any drift issues on my regular switch until a few months ago and I've already had to go through two sets of joy cons since then.

i put a satisfye grip on it and its been a tank

love it
I just looked this thing up and it looks awesome. Does it feel similar to any of the main console controllers?

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Did the supposed drift issue ever amounted to something?
Too early to tell. Even though I believe it's somewhat silly to get a lite if you already have the regular (or improved) Switch, I've been thinking about getting one to play some titles exclusively on it so that I wouldn't have to worry about uploading saves and downloading them, but news of a rumored Pro model (again) are keeping me at bay. I think I'll wait and see if these rumors amount to something in the end, but if they don't then I'll most likely end up getting a lite for the heck of it.

Rukes

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
No issues, played through 100+ hours on Dragon Quest XI and a few 20-30 hour games and still perfect.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't it make more sense to just keep a pair of JoyCons around and sell the big Switch? You can pair wireless JoyCons with the Switch Lite you know.
Trying to play Ring Fit on a Switch Lite sounds like a nightmare. It's possible, sure, but having to stand up and look at a screen that small while working out sounds like a bad time unless you can put it in place really close to you.

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
I love how small and lite it is but I wish I could dock it when I'm home. Right now I have to constantly make sure I have the most up to date save file downloaded when switching back and forth. If I could dock it, I would just stop using my launch switch.

It was a holiday present and I'm seriously considering just returning it and getting
something else

as far as the sticks, I've mostly been using the dpad. So far no issues

SnazzyNaz

The Wise Ones
Nov 11, 2019
Trying to play Ring Fit on a Switch Lite sounds like a nightmare. It's possible, sure, but having to stand up and look at a screen that small while working out sounds like a bad time unless you can put it in place really close to you.
My dumbass forgot the Lite doesn't have HDMI-out, whoops.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Wouldn't it make more sense to just keep a pair of JoyCons around and sell the big Switch? You can pair wireless JoyCons with the Switch Lite you know.

But you can't put a Lite onto the TV, which you kind of need to do for a game as intensive as Ring Fit. Can't imagine squinting at the Lite's screen while trying to do a sit-up.

^ Ah you just replied. I would like to get Ring Fit at some point, and no HDMI out ended up pushing me towards the regular Switch. I like having the option even though 90% of my playtime is portable.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
still loving it. No issues whatsoever.

Not really missing the TV aspect as much as I thought. Still would have liked it to have the feature though...

Barely have touched my docked OG Switch 2.0 since I got the Lite...

Oct 27, 2017
Too early to tell. Even though I believe it's somewhat silly to get a lite if you already have the regular (or improved) Switch, I've been thinking about getting one to play some titles exclusively on it so that I wouldn't have to worry about uploading saves and downloading them, but news of a rumored Pro model (again) are keeping me at bay. I think I'll wait and see if these rumors amount to something in the end, but if they don't then I'll most likely end up getting a lite for the heck of it.
I want one to bring to my job and play in the downtimes. But yeah I'll wait for Pro news as well.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Much sturdier than any device in the 3DS/DS family. Thanks to no hinges and rails, this is going to outlive any Nintendo handheld I had owned since the GBA SP.

Dec 2, 2017
Got mine about a month ago, logged about a hundred hours so far (Fire Emblem + SaGa + Planetarian & other stuff). From storing it in my bag, literally the first day I noticed a tiny scratch on the screen. I made sure to invest in a case and a screen protector that evening. So I 100% recommend that. The controls can also be a little cramped - I got used to it just fine on the analog sticks, but the positioning of the dpad does not work well at all for me in certain games. Playing King of Fighters is practically arthritis inducing. I was fine with it in Blaster Master Zero & some other things though. But either way, consider that investing in a grip might also be in your future.

I had been playing a lot of Wii U off TV on the gamepad before getting the Lite which set my expectations, and at first the screen seemed a bit smaller than I was expecting. I was worried I'd gone the wrong way not getting a normal one. But I compared it side by side in each hand with my nephew's OG Switch at Christmas, and instantly I knew I'd made the right call. It feels so much nicer to hold as a portable device than the regular Switch does. After a while I adjusted to the optimal viewing distance and the screen size has been no problem since. Most of the time I forget I'm on a portable, I'm just sucked completely into the game.

I brought my PS4 to my family's place on Christmas day. I only realized just yesterday that I hadn't ever plugged it back in, the Switch Lite has been that good. It's still early for me, but right now my impression is that this is the best system Nintendo have made since the SNES. I'm thinking about getting a regular Switch to compliment it for playing certain games on the TV, but absolutely not to replace it. For me, Lite feels like the best way to play most of the games I want on the system. Heck, maybe the best way to play out of anything given how it's monopolized my play time.

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm. If I were to switch (lol) from my original bigger Switch to a Switch Lite, is there a way to transfer the games that I've bought via e-shop?

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Had one for about 2 months. Controls don't feel as good as a pro controller, but feel better than a regular Switch in portable mode. Drastically lighter than a regular Switch which makes it much more comfortable to hold. The little extra battery life over an OG Switch is nice. Smaller (especially the case compared to the bulky case I had before) makes it a lot easier to cart around. Not having to worry about the controlls disconnecting is a godsend. Main reason I got it was because my kids always seem to want to use the Switch when I wanted to use it so having my own portable one solved that. All in all, I like it.