• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I think it's slick. Hate the "lite" font but who cares. If my current breaks, I'll get one.

MrBanballow

Not changing this tag
May 1, 2019
... and ordered.

I have a friend that's been wanting a Switch for a long time now, who just happens to love Yellow (Turqoise to, but she's seen both and wanted the Yellow). A bunch of us are going to Vegas early October, so this will give her something to do on the flight / at the hotel, and get Christmas out of the way early.
Also, I won't have to loan her my Switch all the time. :P

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Blue and yellow are back in stock. They really are going in and out so keep on checking them.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Anywhere else have the Pokémon edition up? I did target but didn't realize they charge immediately so I cancelled.

Nykyrian_Q

Oct 27, 2017
I always follow Wario64 on Twitter for updates like this. Got the Pokémon edition even though I had to login to Amazon.

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017
Wow didn't even realize that this was going in and out of stock for preorders. I just figured it was widely available for multiple retailers. Nintendo is gonna sell a truck ton of these

logash

Oct 27, 2017
It sure is an attractive piece of hardware. Makes the OG look kinda clunky imo.
As someone who loves portable hardware (Vita is life) I really prefer this form factor over the original for portable play. I admit I can't give up TV play either so I am keeping my original Switch but I imagine my Lite will end up getting more use.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
I just noticed all the Nintendo-branded SD cards. Have we ever seen those before? :O

51C7szfy-CL.AC_.jpg

Pretty cool. If they're super old don't mind me.
We had Wii SD cards in the past.
8854714_sa.jpg;maxHeight=1000;maxWidth=1000

Jul 26, 2018
I just preordered the Pokemon edition. WOOOOOO! But tbh.... i'm really craving the yellow edition.

Dumb question but does the Pokemon edition comes with the game? or sold separately? Because if separate, I may just go for yellow instead.

Nykyrian_Q

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who loves portable hardware (Vita is life) I really prefer this form factor over the original for portable play. I admit I can't give up TV play either so I am keeping my original Switch but I imagine my Lite will end up getting more use.
I've been actively playing my switch in handheld only since th is was announced. It's not bad not FE (for me). Tried Dragons Dogma and had to dock it. I'll be keeping both.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know just mentioning GameStop is taboo on Era half the time but....

Most GameStops will give 200 in store credit for a Switch. So if you want to change over to a Lite you could in theory do so for the price of paying tax if you trade your Switch in at Gamestop now, or soon.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Pre-ordered the Pokemon one, I'm sure the others will be everywhere and you will find them easily, but the special edition ones usually sell out in pre-orders and barely restock.

I have a Switch so I'm using this one as my travel one, and my other one will essentially stay permanently docked. I'm looking forward to it.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
I've been actively playing my switch in handheld only since th is was announced. It's not bad not FE (for me). Tried Dragons Dogma and had to dock it. I'll be keeping both.
Yeah, that is exactly the problem with some games. Fire Emblem is legible but to be honest, my first thought when I played it in handheld mode is that this probably wouldn't be good on the Lite. It barely works on the normal Switch. Hoping Nintendo patches some of their games that may not really work on a smaller screen.

TheGrue

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to get the Pokemon one. I mostly play my Switch portable and having the dpad will be nice (though I honestly don't mind the buttons), so I think I'll use this one as the main Switch and have my launch one as the secondary for the few times I play it on the TV.

Tanner

Oct 25, 2017
Grabbed one for my girlfriend for Christmas, we've been having a blast playing Mario Kart together lately and she has been eyeing this, not bad combined with my Target REDCard!

Deleted member 225

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Preordered the grey version. Ready to hop back into that Switch life. I rarely used the docked mode when I had an original Switch so portable+smaller+directional pad made this a instapurchase for me. Can't wait to replay Breath of the Wild, and play the games I've missed the last year. Ready for all those Nindies too.

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
The grey one would really tempt me if it had no Pokedogs on the back...

I hope they continue with colored buttons and sticks. Also for joycons. It's a much better way than ugly whole different colored joycons...

Oct 25, 2017
I was so onboard until I found out about the lack of dockability.

The current Switch is too big for proper portable play but I also appreciate being able to dock it and play on a TV, so I'm stuck in this unfortunate middle space where no product is serving me 100%. Bleh.
Same. This would have been a home run for me if it still supported docking. And I think the only reason why it doesn't is for product differentiation/multiple price points, rather than technical reasons.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Good luck to the beta testers. I certainly wouldn't buy a Switch with non replaceable joycon with possible drift issue.

Stock

Oct 25, 2017
Luxembourg
So excited to finally make the jump to the Switch with the Lite. What size SD card does Era recommend? 128GB seems a bit too small yet 400GB might be overkill, or do I have that wrong?

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
So excited to finally make the jump to the Switch with the Lite. What size SD card does Era recommend? 128GB seems a bit too small yet 400GB might be overkill, or do I have that wrong?

I use 256gb myself, since you can get that card for a good price. 400gb can be pricey (at least in Canada it is). I'm able to fit all my games (about 20 physical + 40 digital) on it, and I still have 40gbs left.