• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Troast

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Ok there are some issues but it seems to run the game without problems otherwise. Its amazing progress from the emulation.

BluWacky

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So perfect that "there are a few bugs preventing it from being playable"? The primary purpose of a game?

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean this is super impressive but "bugs that prevent it from being playable" is not what I would call perfect lmao

OP
OP
Troast

Troast

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Like I mean the graphics have no flaws. Other games they emulate have terrible graphics artifacts.

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yuzu is an amazing piece of software and will only improve in the future but it has still a long way to go. AFAIK it is not even able to boot every game. TW3 doesn't do anything right now but it will eventually.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Emulation has come far and fast for the WiiU and Switch, but this is a straight up bait title man lol.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
That's pretty impressive imo. If they get this fully playable within the year I might just play this on my PC instead.

Yuzu is capable of running Switch games at higher resolutions, right? Now that I've gotten rid of my 720p plasma for a C9 I want to replay all my Switch games on that thing.

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
weird because Uzay emulator has the gameplay working perfectly but some issues with graphics.

Solid_black.png

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Equating emulation to piracy
"gonna play this on PC instead" I guess piracy is openly being encouraged now

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
Not perfect. It soft lock/crash at every single cutscene. Some in game functionality crash the emulator too.

But yeah it works.

BShwYht.jpg

Kemono

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow that was fast.

Sure there're some bugs left for it being playable but that the game is running at all is a small miracle. These emulators are getting quick.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
It might not perfect, but it is indeed an absurd step forward for emulation, like OP said. I don't think I've ever seen a game being even bootable on an emulator on launch day.

Piracy and other issues aside that some users might have, it's a huge achievement.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Side question about this stuff , can someone potentially play these hacked versions online? Just wondering because if people are going this far too emulate brand new games what's stopping them from completely modding them? I'd hate for some hacked shit to get traded in something like wonder trade and fuck up other people's games.

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Side question about this stuff , can someone potentially play these hacked versions online? Just wondering because if people are going this far too emulate brand new games what's stopping them from completely modding them? I'd hate for some hacked shit to get traded in something like wonder trade and fuck up other people's games.
this is potentially an issue with all online games on every platform.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017

The Switch itself was hacked wide open long ago. Any widespread hacking that causes other people problems will be done on the original hardware.

Oct 25, 2017
I totally get that emulation "isn't" a lot of things.

Fully understand.

It's that its actual definition keeps changing and apparently is whatever the last person I'm arguing with online about it says it is.

I have a lot of unpopular opinions on the subject.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Why would they use a performance intensive emulator to do anything when they can just modify the software on their switch with a fraction of the effort?
I don't understand why you're beating around the bush but thanks for the non answer.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
it depends on what kind of safety and checks is coded in the game, less about entry
I'm not familiar with this Switch emulator so I'm curious if any of the other games running on it are capable of such things. Being able to connect online and Nintendo being none the wiser that is.

Deleted member 32135

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Why would anyone run this on a emulator that makes the game unplayable when they can play it perfectly on Switch? Does people buy Switch games without having a Switch?!

Deleted member 15447

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User warned: equating emulation with piracy
I honestly think the staff of this website/forum have a duty to not allow any talk of current gen emulators.

You all know what this creates.

There are devs on this board and I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate the 'hey, download our game for free for your PC' announcements.