• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
The PSVita was widely criticised for the amount of ports it had, as was the PS4 with lots of Remastered collections and the likes. Switch gets a pass because thats just the nature of how this forum was born.

One exceptionally curious free pass is how the Wii, WiiU, and DS's were praised for their backwards compatibility, but the total end of that for Switch is a topic never really whispered much about at all.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
I'm a die-hard Nintendo fan (I like most key franchises except Smash, and I like/love some of their quirkier things), but I was interested in about 4% of that Direct.

- Luigi's Mansion 3 (already revealed, basically just more spoilers + the new reveal of the scare park which was a huge plus)
- Animal Crossing (already revealed, basically just more spoilers + the new reveal of 8-player multi, and crafting)
- ...?

Everything else was a port, some weird JRPG thing that everyone but me gets excited about, or some retro feature or retro game or retro this or retro that.

Normally this wouldn't be too disappointing, it's just a September Direct, but I was led to believe the Switch was going to solve the first-party drought problem because it was a hybrid console that merged its portable and console software development... but as of now, it's getting really great third-party support to fill all those gaps, which is great if you have an interest in those third party games, but as a core Nintendo fan, it feels like nothing has changed.

That said, I will concede that Super Mario Maker 2 is fantastic with all the new features and online capability, and it's great that the rest of the year has Luigi's Mansion 3, Link's Awakening (a remake...), and a totally new HD Pokemon game... and also Tetris 99 was an incredible time-filler for some of the first-half of 2019 (along with Baba Is You, and a handful of other minor things)... but... when you take away Smash (zero interest in), the cutesy Yoshi game (pretty graphics but by all accounts not particularly any meatier or more challenging than Woolly World), and Fire Emblem (did not really meet my hopes or expectations based on different reviews)...

... it's been kind of a relatively empty year, for me.

But maybe that's just me. Maybe I have an extremely high threshold for purchasing and playing games.

Maybe it's impossible for Nintendo to release fresh new quality games any quicker than they do, or they don't want to cos it will deter third-party publishers, not wanting to compete.

But I could list like FORTY GAMES that are missing from the current line-up, that I've been excited for for the past 3 years, including old or imagined new IPs... but yet.......

Zelda, amazing.
Arms, pretty good.
Splatoon 2, amazing.
Odyssey, amazing, if a bit lacking.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, amazing (even considering that I had already paid for and mastered it and the DLC just three years prior)
Mario Maker 2, amazing.

And now
Link's Awakening HD
Luigi's Mansion 3
Pokemon Sword/Shield...

It's like... this is the barest of bare minimums I was imagining for a hybrid Nintendo console after 2.5 years on the market.

Meh?

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
The PSVita was widely criticised for the amount of ports it had, as was the PS4 with lots of Remastered collections and the likes. Switch gets a pass because thats just the nature of how this forum was born.

One exceptionally curious free pass is how the Wii, WiiU, and DS's we're praised for their backwards compatibility, but the total end of that for Switch is a topic never really whispered much about at all.

Switch gets a pass? People are complaining all over about it.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
Bolded isn't true, unless there are still stray exceptions I'm unaware of. Lost Odyssey seems to be available on the Microsoft Store for $24.99 as of today.

Microsoft could not end a presentation with the announcement of a remake of a game like Lost Odyssey or even something bigger and equally old as, say Halo or the original Gears. You know why? They already have a better way of delivering this software to consumers. Whereas, in Nintendo's case, the expectations, as OP might say, are significantly lower.

I'd argue that expectations for the XBox are pretty dang low. Not to discredit or draw attention away from the impressive things Microsoft has done at the close of this generation but this is an apples to oranges argument.

Different fan bases want different things and there is absolutely no way to appease everyone. Reveals like XB or Deadly Premonition was not mean much to you but I guarantee there are people with exploded brains out there right now.

Its only up from here for the Switch and at the end of the console's life we will be hard pressed to look back at it and be disappointed.

My only hope is that the successor has backward compatibility. Then we'd be looking at an insanely impressive family of systems.

In regards to Microsoft: I am very excited to see what they can do this next generation.

I enjoy (most of) Sony's flagship IPs but can't help feel that the PS4 is a bland system. This is my opinion so no need to jump on it. I do believe that Sony is at the most risk of complacency this next generation.

All in all this may be the best time ever to be a gamer (and I've been one since the NES).

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017

One exceptionally curious free pass is how the Wii, WiiU, and DS's were praised for their backwards compatibility, but the total end of that for Switch is a topic never really whispered much about at all.
Ah, yes, conspiracy theories.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
But maybe that's just me.

<snip>

It's like... this is the barest of bare minimums I was imagining for a hybrid Nintendo console after 2.5 years on the market.

Meh?

I think it is to a certain degree.

What are you looking for? For me, Mario Maker and FE are enough to fill a calendar year.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

It's like you're intentionally forgetting the reaction to switch at launch and to it's lineup. On the first year everything you could hear was Wii U owners complaining about ports of games they had already played.

Your second point is also ridiculous, saying that it never was talked about is disingenuous at best.

"Thats just the nature of how this forum was born."...
giphy.gif

Molto

Oct 27, 2017
The online service is so abysmal that I feel ripped off paying $20 for it. That's the one aspect of the Switch that I find completely unacceptable. But in terms of releasing older content like NES, SNES, etc...Nintendo has been doing the drip feed of content since the Wii VC, not sure why anyone would expect otherwise at this point?

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
There are too many games. I'm not sure what my expectations were supposed to be.

OP seems to be ranting about the classic games on the online, which imho is not why i own a Switch and while it's nice we are getting all 20 SNES games dropped (I will by playing some SNES multiplayer ) it is not why I'm swamped with games to play

blacktout

Jan 16, 2018
OK, so, point by point:

So SNES games are soon out on Switch and most people are quite happy with this..

... but it has been 2.5 years!!

I mostly agree with you here. The rate at which Nintendo has been releasing legacy content has been pretty underwhelming. Honestly, I think Nintendo themselves might even be a little frustrated by this. It seems like their entire Switch Online timeline might have been delayed by like a year, given that their original plan was to start charging for the service in late 2017 and it didn't actually end up launching until September 2018.

That said, I much prefer the current subscription based model where you get access to a bunch of games for a nominal annual fee to having to buy each of the games individually. It gets me to try games I wouldn't have touched otherwise. And given how obscenely stuffed the eshop is with games, I don't feel like a traditional virtual console would have either ended up cannibalizing sales of other software (potentially preventing the Switch from becoming the premiere indie platform that it is now) or it simply would have had underwhelming sales relative to the Wii/Wii U/3DS. So I definitely think this is the right approach. It's just a shame that Nintendo is (intentionally or unintentionally) slow-walking the process.

With this speed we can expect GameCube in 2021 at the EARLIEST. They will probably release GBA 2020, N64 2021 and then we are on the next switch

Lots of assumptions here. Who knows if it'll play out like this.

Remeber when you expected a Switch firmware to actually, you know, do something you notice. Like skins, new useful functions, updated shop interface? Anythinh

I actually do remember the OMG FIRMWARE UPDATE INCOMING hype. Those were more innocent times.

Honestly though, while I'd love themes, I really dig how fast and snappy the Switch's UI is. If it stays this barebones for its entire lifespan ... I guess I don't really care?

Now we can expect Snes trickle for 12+ months and probably no changes to the UI.

Once again, a lot of assumptions here. Though if this does turn out to be the case, it'll only be a pretty mild disappointment for me, honestly, considering how many games there are out/coming out that I want to play and just don't have time for.

No unlocking of high clockrates on the new Switches.

Expecting this was naive to begin with, tbh. Nintendo doesn't want to devalue the OG Switch model this early in its life. Opting for increased battery life over performance seems like a smart move, since it makes use of the slightly modified hardware in a way that passes along some benefit to the consumer without dramatically changing anyone's perception of what to expect from the base model.

No unusal games like Wave Race, Punch Out or the weird 3ds games.

I'm not sure what qualifies as an unusual game, but just in the last ~2.5 years we've gotten Arms, Snipperclips, various Labo kits, Sushi Striker, Fitness Boxing, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Astral Chain, and BoxBoy + BoxGirl. (And that's excluding third party games and Wii U ports.) None of these are standard Nintendo franchises, and they're all pretty weird (or at least unexpected) in their own way.

I expect Mario, Zelda, Kirby etc and spinoffs of these series

All three of these series have one main entry and at least one spin-off on the Switch. Just skimming Wikipedia's list of first party games, I count seven with "Mario" in the title. And that's ignoring Captain Toad and Luigi's Mansion. We've had two Zelda games this year alone. A Kirby spin-off was just shadow-dropped last night. We've also had like, what, four different Pokemon games without counting different versions as separate games? Nintendo isn't neglecting their core franchises.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Bolded isn't true, unless there are still stray exceptions I'm unaware of. Lost Odyssey seems to be available on the Microsoft Store for $24.99 as of today.

Microsoft could not end a presentation with the announcement of a remake of a game like Lost Odyssey or even something bigger and equally old as, say Halo or the original Gears. You know why? They already have a better way of delivering this software to consumers. People would tell them the Gears 1 remake is a dumb idea and they should feel dumb for doing it. Whereas, in Nintendo's case, the expectations, as OP might say, are significantly lower.
My bad for missing the fact that you can buy BC games!

I think it's rude and disingenuous to call it lowered expectations. You're being kind of a douchebag towards the people that are excited about these games getting a remaster. The expectations and desires are wildly different than those of the Xbox. I also feel that a remastered Gears 1 would be met with applause instead of scorn, as you think. People loved that game. Hell FF8 was just remastered and people lost their damn minds.

Besides, it's not like they don't release these games with new features or content. They're all advertised as having more than their original releases.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
I'd argue that expectations for the XBox are pretty dang low. Not to discredit or draw attention away from the impressive things Microsoft has done at the close of this generation but this is an apples to oranges argument.

Different fan bases want different things and there is absolutely no way to appease everyone. Reveals like XB or Deadly Premonition was not mean much to you but I guarantee there are people with exploded brains out there right now.

Its only up from here for the Switch and at the end of the console's life we will be hard pressed to look back at it and be disappointed.

My only hope is that the successor has backward compatibility. Then we'd be looking at an insanely impressive family of systems.

In regards to Microsoft: I am very excited to see what they can do this next generation.

I enjoy (most of) Sony's flagship IPs but can't help feel that the PS4 is a bland system. This is my opinion so no need to jump on it. I do believe that Sony is at the most risk of complacency this next generation.

All in all this may be the best time ever to be a gamer (and I've been one since the NES).

Yeah, if we're grading out each category between these two platforms, particularly when it comes to quality of first party software, the Switch is gonna come out with a higher GPA, no question.

And I definitely agree that now is a great time to be a gamer. I own all the consoles and they all have advantages that make them indispensable. However, I harp on this one weakness a bit because I feel that it's an area in which Nintendo absolutely should lead. The Switch should be a portable museum of gaming history right now. It's obviously not everything, but the fact that Nintendo has decided to deprioritize that is disappointing.

My bad for missing the fact that you can buy BC games!

I think it's rude and disingenuous to call it lowered expectations. You're being kind of a douchebag towards the people that are excited about these games getting a remaster. The expectations and desires are wildly different than those of the Xbox. I also feel that a remastered Gears 1 would be met with applause instead of scorn, as you think. People loved that game. Hell FF8 was just remastered and people lost their damn minds.

Besides, it's not like they don't release these games with new features or content. They're all advertised as having more than their original releases.

Hey, not trying to be a douchebag, but there's an objective comparison we can make here, imo. Even in your own post, you followed your sentence about it being rude to call it "lowered expectations" with a sentence that says "The expectations and desires are wildly different than those of the Xbox" in the same paragraph.

And I think you're right! As someone who owns all the platforms, I can't help but see the expectations on one platform as being "lower" than they are on the other. Sorry if I come off like an ass. If Nintendo was handling this side of their business the same way Xbox is, they would've announced that a 1080docked/720handheld version of Xenoblade Chronicles was available on the eShop today at $20-$30. Honestly... Same thing with the Tokyo Mirage game, probably.

Now, some might argue that the technology/resource gap between Microsoft and Nintendo and the hardware gap would explain this. But, when Chinese Nvidia Shields are playing Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess at 1080p in China right now... I don't think I buy that.

Last edited:

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
Yeah, if we're grading out each category between these two platforms, particularly when it comes to quality of first party software, the Switch is gonna come out with a higher GPA, no question.

And I definitely agree that now is a great time to be a gamer. I own all the consoles and they all have advantages that make them indispensable. However, I harp on this one weakness a bit because I feel that it's an area in which Nintendo absolutely should lead. The Switch should be a portable museum of gaming history right now. It's obviously not everything, but the fact that Nintendo has decided to deprioritize that is disappointing.

I agree. I also don't see how they can move much faster than they are already moving. I can only play so many games!

200w.webp

Feb 10, 2018
Yes the BC stuff us slow.

But I don't know why they are expected to have N64 and gamecube BC
I mean Sony haven't and ppl don't really expect them to.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
I agree. I also don't see how they can move much faster than they are already moving. I can only play so many games!

200w.webp

Yep! I'm online complaining about this at work right now when in an hour I'll be in my car playing Astral Chain. I might be disappointed in this aspect of the platform, but they've definitely provided enough to shut me up when the time comes to sit down and actually play the games.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
Yep! I'm online complaining about this at work right now when in an hour I'll be in my car playing Astral Chain. I might be disappointed in this aspect of the platform, but they've definitely provided enough to shut me up when the time comes to sit down and actually play the games.

I'm currently sitting at my desk watching Youtube videos about the Direct and debating whether I can get away with playing some Astral Chain. Unfortunately I left my plug-in headphones at home...Where's my bluetooth headphone support Nintendo?!

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
I'm a die-hard Nintendo fan (I like most key franchises except Smash, and I like/love some of their quirkier things), but I was interested in about 4% of that Direct.

- Animal Crossing (already revealed, basically just more spoilers + the new reveal of 8-player multi, and crafting)
Spoilers for... animal crossing...???

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be right there with you if we have to go through this yet again for Switch 2, but it seems like they might actually be thinking about the future this time. We will see.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
If I want to play my SNES games that's what I have a SNES for! I'm happy that stuff like Stunt Race FX will be easily accessible (and certainly hope Star Fox 2 shows up...) but it's similar to the reason I didn't ever get the SNES mini -- I have most of the games in the collection already.

I mean I guess I'm a little sad that there's no eshop music, but that peaked on the Wii anyway.

AA_DOOM

Jul 6, 2019
It's in the running for my favorite system ever. A few more knockout hits and it will be the weapon that surpasses the PSX.

I get what you're saying about disappointing firmware updates. "Basic White" and "Basic Black" are such lol terms for the only two color themes ever released. But when it comes to the games — the main course — I'm over the moon.

Hey I only recently got a Switch, this may be a bad question, but what are some games that you think I should play that make it one of your favorite systems?

AA_DOOM

Jul 6, 2019
It's so energizing to see so many in here loudly praising the Switch. I only recently got one and I can't wait to really crack into the wider library.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017

- Luigi's Mansion 3 (already revealed, basically just more spoilers + the new reveal of the scare park which was a huge plus)
- ...?

Everything else was a port, some weird JRPG thing that everyone but me gets excited about, or some retro feature or retro game or retro this or retro that.

Normally this wouldn't be too disappointing, it's just a September Direct, but I was led to believe the Switch was going to solve the first-party drought problem because it was a hybrid console that merged its portable and console software development... but as of now, it's getting really great third-party support to fill all those gaps, which is great if you have an interest in those third party games, but as a core Nintendo fan, it feels like nothing has changed.

That said, I will concede that Super Mario Maker 2 is fantastic with all the new features and online capability, and it's great that the rest of the year has Luigi's Mansion 3, Link's Awakening (a remake...), and a totally new HD Pokemon game... and also Tetris 99 was an incredible time-filler for some of the first-half of 2019 (along with Baba Is You, and a handful of other minor things)... but... when you take away Smash (zero interest in), the cutesy Yoshi game (pretty graphics but by all accounts not particularly any meatier or more challenging than Woolly World), and Fire Emblem (did not really meet my hopes or expectations based on different reviews)...

... it's been kind of a relatively empty year, for me.

But maybe that's just me. Maybe I have an extremely high threshold for purchasing and playing games.

Maybe it's impossible for Nintendo to release fresh new quality games any quicker than they do, or they don't want to cos it will deter third-party publishers, not wanting to compete.

But I could list like FORTY GAMES that are missing from the current line-up, that I've been excited for for the past 3 years, including old or imagined new IPs... but yet.......

Zelda, amazing.
Arms, pretty good.
Splatoon 2, amazing.
Odyssey, amazing, if a bit lacking.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, amazing (even considering that I had already paid for and mastered it and the DLC just three years prior)
Mario Maker 2, amazing.

And now
Link's Awakening HD
Luigi's Mansion 3
Pokemon Sword/Shield...

Meh?

Go pick up Astral Chain

Nickerous

Nov 2, 2017
If you want a machine to play legacy nintendo content, get the 3ds or wii u. Both have a good many VC offerings. If you want gamecube, you can even get that on wii u after some modifications.

LasNochesGin

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 16, 2019
Nintendo maintains ridiculously packed release schedule for months on end.

"lazy"

Well I'm glad you're getting ahead of the curve and getting the mud slinging in first.
Leaving aside the fact that Nintendo is simply porting all of WiiU games, games are essential to have investments returns. So they have a nice incentive to release games.

but Nintendo Switch online? Switch updates giving themes or other amenities? Nice servers? Voice chat?

Lazy

Quinton

Specialist at TheGamer / Reviewer at RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar, With Love
Hey I only recently got a Switch, this may be a bad question, but what are some games that you think I should play that make it one of your favorite systems?

Not a bad question at all! The only (obvious) disclaimer here is that my tastes are my own and won't necessarily be reflective of your experience. But hopefully you enjoy!

Some of my favorite originals:
  • Breath of the Wild
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
  • Octopath Traveler
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  • Super Mario Maker 2

Some of the best ports:
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe
  • Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy

Hot games I own and need to play:
  • Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
  • Astral Chain
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Upcoming hotness:
  • Link's Awakening
  • Pokémon Sword and Shield
  • Animal Crossing
  • Luigi's Mansion 3
  • Dragon Quest XI S
  • Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
  • Untitled Breath of the Wild sequel
  • Inevitable follow-up mainline Mario
  • Daemon x Machina
  • Octopath 2, I hope!

New002

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I've found it to be a dust collector more than not, but that's because I own a Wii U with basically all the heavy hitters they've been porting to Switch to pad out the library. I finally have something new to play with Astral Chain, and Link's Awakening has been completely overhauled so that'll be a fresh experience.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019

A handful of my favorites:

BotW (sprawling & meditative. Peace & Quiet in game form)
Super Mario Maker 2 (THE way to play 2D Mario)
Astral Chain (Amazing potential in regards to combat mechanics)
Celeste (hands down one of my most favorite indie games)
Fire Emblem Heroes (janky but super in-depth regarding mechanics. If you like strategy RPGs this is a good one)
Banner Saga Collection (also a fantastic strategy RPG but bleak as hell)
WarGroove (ALSO also a fantastic strategy RPG...goodness me this system is rich in SRPGs)
Octopath Traveler (beautiful old-school RPG from Bravely Default team)
Hollow Knight
Super Mario Odyssey

I don't know...I could go on & on regarding the games I like on the Switch. And more keep coming!

Out_Of_Ammo

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
The only thing I'm disappointed with is the severe lack of Wonderful 101 on the system. other than that, the switch has been killing it.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
Who cares if Nintendo drops a couple of SNES games every 3 months, there is already a ton to play with the 20 titles they just released...

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
I mean The SNES games I want to come to switch will never be ... so here we are beating ALTTP for the umpteenth time.
It's fine I guess.I was sort of hoping that 3rd parties would be able to put their games on the nes?snes online like a storefront ...
cause as it stands crono trigger, FFIV-VI, a bunch of licensed games, andjust a ton of others will likely never come to the service for legal reasons and other junk.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lack of themes, background music, etc is very disappointing. Its just not coming at this point or it already would have. And I seriously hate the comments "oh well, if it makes it snappy!!!". So annoying. As if background images or music would do anything to slow down a console in 2019....No excuse other than Nintendo not caring about this feature. That's it.

They took so long to release SNES games that I just bought a SNES with the games I wanted to scratch that itch. That feature is no longer important to me.

My biggest issue is with first party games.I think they've been largely hit or miss, and I hate to say more on the miss side for me. I felt like even Wii U first party titles were consistently better.

Most games are either anime games or older ports. If you're into the anime games, then yeah, Switch is on fire. If not, there's definitely a lack of new 1st party titles on the system.

hrœrekr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 3, 2019
Nah,
- Starting with f* 20 SNES games at once, while keeping the same cheap price.
- The library is on fire, with many new and classic great games.
- The UI is great. Just need folders and custom organization.

Bad time to nitpick, wait till Jan/Feb.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Frankly it is making the platform seem predictable and not as exciting as it could have been imo
Anyone agree?

I kinda agree. Aside from some experimentation at launch with non-AAA stuff like ARMS and Snipperclips, it seems like since they've been riding on nothing but the same franchises they've been slowly updating for years.

You know EXACTLY what you're going to get:

- A new Mario.
- A new Zelda.
- A new Smash.
- A new Yoshi.
- A new Mario Kart.
- A new Mario Party.
- A new Mario Tennis/Golf/<insert sport>.
- A new Donkey Kong Country.
- A new Kirby.
- A new Animal Crossing.
- A new Luigi's Mansion.
- A new Pokémon.
- Etc.

Aside from the first two which brought some refreshing uniqueness to the formulas, most feel like new coats of paint on the exact same game we've already played a bazillion times before. They're "new", but they don't look like groundbreaking innovations. None of them. They're all game franchises that are 15 to 30 years old. Yawn.

Edit: Thank god the indie scene exists and is bringing me new game worlds, characters, gameplay mechanics, etc. It's where most of my gaming has been on Switch so far. This is where true creativity lies. I can only wish they had the AAA budgets to make their visions as grand and polished as Nintendo's games.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
Lack of themes, background music, etc is very disappointing. Its just not coming at this point or it already would have. And I seriously hate the comments "oh well, if it makes it snappy!!!". So annoying. As if background images or music would do anything to slow down a console in 2019....No excuse other than Nintendo not caring about this feature. That's it.

They took so long to release SNES games that I just bought a SNES with the games I wanted to scratch that itch. That feature is no longer important to me.

My biggest issue is with first party games.I think they've been largely hit or miss, and I hate to say more on the miss side for me. I felt like even Wii U first party titles were consistently better.

Most games are either anime games or older ports. If you're into the anime games, then yeah, Switch is on fire. If not, there's definitely a lack of new 1st party titles on the system.

The OS is as snappy as it is because it only requires 200kb. I too want more features but am very happy with the speediness of the OS as well as the ability to put games to sleep at whim. This may not be as feasible with more features.

That being said I am certain it is not that Nintendo doesn't care about adding features. They are most likely trying to find a balance with a minimalist OS and providing features fans want. With future iterations of the system (once the launch version is less prevalent) I bet these features will come (if not before).

But yeah, you want things that aren't here yet and no amount of logic on our parts will change your mind.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Maybe that's because people realize it's impossible for a cartridge based system to be backwards compatible with disc based systems. Exceptionally curious indeed.
"That's just the nature of how this forum was born". Lmao ok.
You console warriors really need to consider getting another hobby, this shit ain't healthy.