• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you sweaty profusley?

• Yes

Votes: 63 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 121 50.8%
  • Only in a figurative sense

Votes: 54 22.7%

• Total voters

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Is it part of getting old?

I never used to sweat this much, but perhaps it's just Fortnite? No other game quite does it.

Contextual Edit:

I LIVE IN THE UK I DON'T HAVE AC
ted-striker-airplane.gif

Last edited:

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Right now? Yes, but it's 30 degrees outside and I'm in a converted attic space with a slanted roof that is basically cooking me. No air-con in the UK, so we just suffer through this stuff when it happens.

GabriocheXD

May 27, 2019
I'm always super sweaty when I play fighting Games. I also wiggle my toes and move my mouth unknowingly.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I've noticed I do this, especially in multiplayer games where you only have 1 life and the rest of your team is dead.

I think I did this quite a bit during Elden Ring too during intense boss fights?

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
I'm super sweaty, my legs behind my knees are but not from gaming (roll on winter and freezing because can't afford the bills), I generally don't care enough re games, I try hard and do alright but eh, roll on the next game.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I remember when I started playing fighting games online that I got some sweat and even anxiety going. When playing competitive online was new to me. Nowadays not at all.

Toxel

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 26, 2022
Stop any sort of caffeine for a couple of days and it'll mostly fix the problem.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
I'm good on the whole, but I do get some clammy hands at times. I have to give the controller a wipe down after a particularly heavy sesh.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. My dumb brain cannot tell the difference between a game and an actual flight/fight. Playing MP is always super stressful and I cannot do it for long.

Oct 27, 2017
Rocket League when it came out for some reason made me sweat so much and it still does if its during the warmer months. I dont know what it is with that game but it always gets me juicy. I usually take my shirt off before I play haha

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
Not sweating. but sometimes my adrenaline will spike and my heart will go crazy.

I've been playing 1v1 on COD:V this past week and while most of it has been very stress free, every now and then I get a competent opponent and my body will start shaking from the adrenaline boost.

It's a bit of a handicap sometimes.

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
Sometimes, like in tournaments or other high stakes situations. Mostly sweaty hands...

Bright-Light

Oct 29, 2017
After a full Race worth of concentration on an F1 game i am sweaty as fuck. I don't play any other games that take such an intense level of concentration and stress.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
My palms definitely get sweaty. Get pretty weak in the knees too, not to mention my heavy arms

OGlol

Jun 4, 2018
When i play fighting games I usually and dripping sweat by the end of the session, I use a fight stick though so maybe its more arm movements?

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah not just multiplayer games, but any game where its stressful (say a super hard Souls boss) I'll get sweaty pits and palms. Maybe not to a crazy degree, but it happens.

Same thing happens with an anxiety inducing movie (Uncut Gems as an example).

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Only time I sweat is during the final circle(s) of BR games. Hands are definitely getting wiped on pants to ensure maximum performance.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
I get sweaty playing a lot of MP games with friends. Part of it is the headset making it way warmer which is killer in the summer. But for Rocket League, I need to take my shirt off so I don't soak my shirt. It's not really an issue when playing Fortnite out of the TV speakers or while listening to a podcast.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
I almost never sweat. Only in the armpits in the summer, and mostly outside in the sun. Never, ever, playing videogames.

famicorpse

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Mar 15, 2019
Heart? Fast. Controller? Sweaty. Battle? Royal'd.

This only happens if I'm in the last 5 of a match in Fortnite. It gets worse when I'm top 2 (the adrenaline is crazy). It doesn't happen when I'm playing MMOs.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Nope. I'm always in a generally cool room when I'm gaming and I'm pretty sure I sweat less than the average person. My wife always comments on it.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Just my hands, especially when playing something as stressful as PUBG.

Sweaty palms with a mouse is the worst.

WildGoose

Oct 27, 2017
Used to happen to me all the time when playing fighting games and shooters online. Nowadays, not at all. I think it was more of an anxiety thing for me.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I sweat when I play fighting games. No other game genre gets me that intense except probably Mario Kart.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
When playing toxic fighting games yes, but I also found out recently that playing them on a standing desk fixes the issue and also makes me play a little better

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
I'm having to literally peel my topless ass off my leather gaming chair at the moment cause it's so damn hot in the uk at the mo and we dont really do air con over here

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rocket league used to make my hands sweat a little but that was the only game, and only during summer.

Ogawa-san

Nov 1, 2017
It's comical how I sweat during online races in GT7, even though I'm not being competitive - I start and end races at the middle of the pack, at best.

I'd be the picture of calmness just 5min before qualifying through the same track, but the presence of other real people bothers me that much.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Not sweaty but I feel overwhelming anxiety in online competitive games. Not so much when playing local.

I also feel blood pressure rising and my head and body temperature getting high when playing games like Dota where you need to constantly think and observe throughout the whole 30-40 hour match.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I sweat a lot on Fall Guys but not so much in games like Apex Legends. Even playing Ranked.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
I get sweaty palms sometimes after long gaming sessions, but it depends on the controller and type of game

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
even though i do naturally just sweat a lot, it's never been a thing when it comes to playing video games.

however, my neck gets stiffer now more at 33 years old than it ever did about five or so years ago when i actually focus in competitive multiplayer games. i'm sure my lack of physical activity and deteriorating diet due to the pandemic have contributed greatly to it along with me getting older! really have to take breaks to stretch now.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
Don't sweat at all while gaming. If I'm doing intense gaming when I'm at my chair I kind of curl my toes in an awkward way and it can sometimes really mess up my feet if I'm not paying attention.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I'm one of the least competitive people in the world, so I very rarely feel that way when playing MP games because I don't mind losing.

I do sweat playing MP games right now because it's almost 40 degrees Celsius here, though.