• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
EPISODE 9 HIDDEN ADVANTAGE TRACKER

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
HIDDEN ADVANTAGE TRACKER (after 9 episodes)

IMMUNITY IDOLS

Kim (others that know of its existence - Sophie)
Sophie (others that know of its existence - Sarah)

OTHER GAME ADVANTAGES

Jeremy ("get out of tribal free" card - must be used at next tribal council or will expire; others that know of its existence - Michele / Natalie)
Michele ("50/50 immunity coin" - can only be used until Final 7; others that know of its existence - Everyone on the Edge except Adam)
Sarah ("steal a vote" ability; others that know of its existence - Tony / Natalie)

FIRE TOKEN TRACKER (after 9 episodes)

Total in Play = 19 (+1 from last week; 1 token bestowed to IC winner)
Players Left in the Game = 19

Parvati = 4 (on EoE); planning to spend on food
Denise = 3
Nick = 3
Jeremy = 2
Kim = 2
Sophie = 2
Tyson = 0

Everyone else still alive in the game has 1.
Everyone else on the Edge of Extinction has 0.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Poor Adam. He tried so hard.

Jeff is kind of a dick sometimes, but I laughed so hard at him offering to play it. What a trainwreck.

I still feel good about Sophie after this episode

Starting to get nervous. Jeremy and Tyson wanted her this week, and next week they're talking about breaking Sarah & Sophie up. Next week will probably be a pivotal episode for her.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Starting to get nervous. Jeremy and Tyson wanted her this week, and next week they're talking about breaking Sarah & Sophie up. Next week will probably be a pivotal episode for her.
Yeah, I'm beginning to worry about her, too. At least Sarah has Tony willing to go to bat for her.
Who's going to go to bat for Sophie?

Yul's gone.
She had Adam's complete trust and he's gone.
Nick is in full "bring on the chaos" mode. So that ship has sailed.

She has Sarah... and an idol. And if the choice is between Sarah and Sophie, Sarah's not going to tip Sophie off to get her to use her idol if she's the consensus fallback option. If anything, she'll go into vintage "burn my allies" mode and do what she can to placate Sophie to ensure she doesn't play it.

The saving grace for Sophie in that scenario might be if Kim is the decoy option. Because Sophie knows about Kim's idol. Hell, we could have a scenario where Sophie is placating Kim to ensure she doesn't play her idol in a decoy situation while Sarah is placating Sophie not to play her idol in order to get her torch snuffed.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Proper belly laugh from that tribal :D

I skimmed the inside of my right ankle to the bone slipping barefoot of a kerb a few years ago and it started hurting again watching that challenge lol

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Michele spending 4 tokens on a 50/50 shot that instantly points the vote her way is real bad.

Adam trying to use the podium, real good. We can goof on him, but that would have been a god level play if it ended up right at all. Props to him for going for it.

Jeremy and Tony awkwardness when Adam was trying to talk them was pretty bad. Tony going through explaining how votes worked was hilarious but it came off as obvious shying away from any sort of answer while they were openly asking who he was voting for. Just couldn't help but see that as bad handling on their part.

I loved this episode though. Michele's look wend down a lot in this episode. Her handling after the vote and then buying that dumb advantage for that much was just....dumb.

Oct 2, 2018
I loved this episode though. Michele's look wend down a lot in this episode. Her handling after the vote and then buying that dumb advantage for that much was just....dumb.

its an immediate immunity - and the thing didnt say when it can be played - only how many people left in the game. I wonder if it can be played after the vote is read. If yes, its worth the 4 fire tokens. That said, even the chance of immunity in a game with a 2 million dollar prize is probably worth going for.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
its an immediate immunity - and the thing didnt say when it can be played - only how many people left in the game. I wonder if it can be played after the vote is read. If yes, its worth the 4 fire tokens. That said, even the chance of immunity in a game with a 2 million dollar prize is probably worth going for.

It didn't say specifically but I feel like the wording implies it has to be used during tribal council.Even before votes are cast. Which is why I say it's bad.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure 7 was just the last time she could use it, not only. It would be pretty worthless otherwise.

I don't mean how many tribals she can use it at, I'm talking about when during the actual tribal council she has to use it. Videogamevices alluded to it possibly being able to be used after the votes are read, but I was saying the wording makes me think it has to be used before votes are even cast.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I physically cringed during tribal, I don't like it when it gives me embarrassment just watching it

GarudaSmiles

Dec 14, 2018
I don't mean how many tribals she can use it at, I'm talking about when during the actual tribal council she has to use it. Videogamevices alluded to it possibly being able to be used after the votes are read, but I was saying the wording makes me think it has to be used before votes are even cast.
Ah I see, sorry I misunderstood.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
The 20 past Survivor winners that are presently at war with one another (minus Sandra and her bench) were asked who they felt was the best player to have never won the game... and here's who they each named...

Adam - Cirie
Amber - Rick Devens
Ben - Ryan
Danni - Joe / Malcolm
Denise - Malcolm
Ethan - Rob Cesternino
Jeremy - Spencer
Kim - Malcolm / Rick Devens / Stephen Fishbach
Michele - Colby
Natalie - Cirie
Nick - Cirie
Parvati - Cirie
Rob - Cirie
Sandra - Aubry
Sarah - Aubry
Sophie - Stephen Fishbach
Tony - Dom / Russell
Tyson - Rick Devens
Wendell - Dom
Yul - Cirie

My own choice...
C'mon, it's gotta be Cirie. How could it not be?
And the most entertaining Survivor to have never won the game is Luke Toki from Australian Survivor.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's obviously Cirie. I really wish she would've won Micronesia and then maybe give Parvati the win for Heroes vs Villains. Obviously Sandra wouldn't be a two-timer but I'd gladly trade that up for a Cirie win.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Tony - Dom / Russell
Lol.

It's a bit surprising to me to see Fishbach mentioned a few times. I love him, but to me, Second Chance showed me he wasn't that great. I'd vote for Cirie as well, but I'd mention Cesternino as a good runner up. Have to rewatch Amazon sometime again, to check if I agree with myself.

GarudaSmiles

Dec 14, 2018
And the most entertaining Survivor to have never won the game is Luke Toki from Australian Survivor.

I agree with both picks.

I would even say Luke may be the best social player of all time. He had people sobbing when they voted him out, and the entire jury balling.

Oct 28, 2017
The 20 past Survivor winners that are presently at war with one another (minus Sandra and her bench) were asked who they felt was the best player to have never won the game... and here's who they each named...

Adam - Cirie
Amber - Rick Devens
Ben - Ryan
Danni - Joe / Malcolm
Denise - Malcolm
Ethan - Rob Cesternino
Jeremy - Spencer
Michele - Colby
Natalie - Cirie
Nick - Cirie
Parvati - Cirie
Rob - Cirie
Sandra - Aubry
Sarah - Aubry
Tony - Dom / Russell
Tyson - Rick Devens
Wendell - Dom
Yul - Cirie

My own choice...

I can't agree with some of these. Malcolm for instance was great, but he couldn't manage his threat level. That's not best to ever not win quality.

Same for Luke really.

I'd give it to Dom or Russell.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
I really think that if you can't make it to the final 3, your game wasn't good enough to qualify for "best ever not to win." That's a very high bar. You're basically looking for people where the jury made the wrong decision. I wouldn't even have included Dom on my list until Wendell's performance this season really made me question things. I'm thinking Dom was the one who made sure Wendell made it through to the end.

Russell would have one most seasons with the performance he had in Season 19. But there are certainly arguments against him as well.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
I think that crazy tribal just emphasizes how fluid this season has been and how alliances are tentative at best. If there's a hint of agreement about an eviction, people will run with it no matter who it is, as long as it doesn't involve themselves. Then that results in multiple possible outcomes.

There might be a few solid pairs, but alliances can and will be broken at the drop of a hat. It is very much individual survival, not team alliance survival.

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like Luke has the same issue as Malcolm though. They just have no possible way of hiding in a cast. Unless they win out in the end they're just never making it to the end unless they end up with some weird Woo situation.

What if Malcolm played a game where he only insulted all his other tribe mates at all times if directly spoken to but otherwise ignored everyone and refused to vote with any alliance? Do you think he'd win the game if he got to final four? Absolutely not. But he may get to final four then and if he wasn't, he'd certainly not be voted out because he was a threat.

Obviously Malcolm would never do that, but he could. Managing your image is massively important in Survivor and if you can't do it such that you are always seen as a threat, then perhaps you aren't as good as you think. The best players will hide their threat level better. The winners almost always do.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
What if Malcolm played a game where he only insulted all his other tribe mates at all times if directly spoken to but otherwise ignored everyone and refused to vote with any alliance? Do you think he'd win the game if he got to final four? Absolutely not. But he may get to final four then and if he wasn't, he'd certainly not be voted out because he was a threat.

Obviously Malcolm would never do that, but he could. Managing your image is massively important in Survivor and if you can't do it such that you are always seen as a threat, then perhaps you aren't as good as you think. The best players will hide their threat level better. The winners almost always do.

I know, that's what I'm saying about Luke though. Luke could never change that perspective.

I can't tell if Tony is changing his image this season or if he's really just seen as a meat shield or easy vote by everyone lol

Just looked back at the original message, think I missunderstood. We're saying the same thing lol

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
I'm sure it's been asked in this thread but here goes anyway. I am bored and want to watch old seasons. I watched the first 3 seasons when they aired and never watched again until this season which I am really enjoying. i want to go back and watch 1 or two other seasons. Which should I do? Thanks

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it's been asked in this thread but here goes anyway. I am bored and want to watch old seasons. I watched the first 3 seasons when they aired and never watched again until this season which I am really enjoying. i want to go back and watch 1 or two other seasons. Which should I do? Thanks
Watch Season 7 (Pearl Islands) and Season 15 (China)

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017

Adam - Cirie
Amber - Rick Devens
Ben - Ryan
Danni - Joe / Malcolm
Denise - Malcolm
Ethan - Rob Cesternino
Jeremy - Spencer
Michele - Colby
Natalie - Cirie
Nick - Cirie
Parvati - Cirie
Rob - Cirie
Sandra - Aubry
Sarah - Aubry
Tony - Dom / Russell
Tyson - Rick Devens
Wendell - Dom
Yul - Cirie

My own choice...

Cirie got robbed in Game Changers big time. She didn't even get any freaking votes against her but she gotta to go because she's only one that didn't have any idol. And way they handled Cirie's eviction at the reunion made me feel like that it's going to be her last game which I hope not.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Any answer that wasn't Cirie is incorrect. Dom I can maybe see, but it's hard to put him OVER her when she's consistently amazing over multiple seasons. The rest? No fucking way. They lost because of their own actions.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Cirie got robbed in Game Changers big time. She didn't even get any freaking votes against her but she gotta to go because she's only one that didn't have any idol. And way they handled Cirie's eviction at the reunion made me feel like that it's going to be her last game which I hope not.
Cirie's played 4 times... two of which led to her getting royally screwed via production interference.
Game Changers was her swan song. She's not coming back. And at least she now has "best player to never win" on her resume.
That's something they can never take away from her.

(Hey, at least she almost won Survivor Price is Right. Wound up finishing 2nd there.)

I can't tell if Tony is changing his image this season or if he's really just seen as a meat shield or easy vote by everyone lol
Tony's social game is highly underrated. He's never been a challenge beast and he won Cagayan for more reasons than just his ability to find and leverage idol plays with his bag of tricks.

His game is highly similar to Luke's from Australia... except, unlike Luke, Tony has been able to effectively mask his competition threat level in Winners at War due to his age (he's the 2nd oldest castaway in this game behind Denise) despite being a "new school winner" and being surrounded by other threats in former winners helps him there as well. It's not too surprising he's one of 5 players this season to not have received any votes... alongside Ben, Jeremy, Michele and Sophie.

Last edited:

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Cirie's played 4 times... two of which led to her getting royally screwed via production interference.
Game Changers was her swan song. She's not coming back. And at least she now has "best player to never win" on her resume.
That's something they can never take away from her.

(Hey, at least she almost won Survivor Price is Right. Wound up finishing 2nd there.)

I actually forget that Survivor Price is Right existed right there. If Rob can play for 5th time then they should loose up the rules for Cirie but I can see Cirie chose to not play the game again after disaster at Game Changers.

Oct 28, 2017
I actually forget that Survivor Price is Right existed right there. If Rob can play for 5th time then they should loose up the rules for Cirie but I can see Cirie chose to not play the game again after disaster at Game Changers.

I'm 100% positive Survivor would have her back if she was willing. I suspect she's not willing. She's been doing this for many years and there's only so many times you can upend your life to play Survivor. Getting screwed for something that wasn't your fault probably doesn't encourage you to take that risk, either.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 100% positive Survivor would have her back if she was willing. I suspect she's not willing. She's been doing this for many years and there's only so many times you can upend your life to play Survivor. Getting screwed for something that wasn't your fault probably doesn't encourage you to take that risk, either.

Yeah, pretty much. I probably would give up with Survivor if it happened to me too. They were desperate to trying to shake up the Survivor with more twists, etc which ended up screwing over some good players which would leave a bad taste in some fans and players' mouths.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever

Adam - Cirie
Amber - Rick Devens
Ben - Ryan
Danni - Joe / Malcolm
Denise - Malcolm
Ethan - Rob Cesternino
Jeremy - Spencer
Michele - Colby
Natalie - Cirie
Nick - Cirie
Parvati - Cirie
Rob - Cirie
Sandra - Aubry
Sarah - Aubry
Tony - Dom / Russell
Tyson - Rick Devens
Wendell - Dom
Yul - Cirie

My own choice...

It's definitely Cirie. She had that Micronesia win locked up until the last minute F2 switch.

Oct 29, 2017

Adam - Cirie
Amber - Rick Devens
Ben - Ryan
Danni - Joe / Malcolm
Denise - Malcolm
Ethan - Rob Cesternino
Jeremy - Spencer
Michele - Colby
Natalie - Cirie
Nick - Cirie
Parvati - Cirie
Rob - Cirie
Sandra - Aubry
Sarah - Aubry
Tony - Dom / Russell
Tyson - Rick Devens
Wendell - Dom
Yul - Cirie

My own choice...
Rick Devens? Give me a break. My vote would probably be Aubry. I like Cirie but 4 tries without making the finals is hard to overlook, even if she did get screwed. I'm surprised there were no Amanda or Ozzy votes.

GarudaSmiles

Dec 14, 2018
Aubry lost more credibility each time she played, kinda like J.T., but not as extreme. The same is more or less true for Ozzy despite him getting close the 3rd time. The way he got close kinda discredits that performance.

flyover

Oct 26, 2017
Any answer that wasn't Cirie is incorrect. Dom I can maybe see, but it's hard to put him OVER her when she's consistently amazing over multiple seasons. The rest? No fucking way. They lost because of their own actions.
I love Cirie and have her and Dom up there. But my pick has to be Devon, who played the best game in HHH and would've (should've) won, if not for the surprise introduction of the firemaking challenge. Which is still a bad addition to the game.