• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
For the record, Natalie now has enough tokens to secure all 3 advantages in a challenge to return to the game.

Presumably there will be two of these challenges so it's a possibility she could elect to save one or more of those tokens for a later challenge instead of spending them all on the one that is likely to happen at merge. I think using them on the first is the correct call so you have some opportunity to actually play the post-merge game and build additional relationships.

GarudaSmiles

Dec 14, 2018
I'm hoping Natalie battles back and teams up with the 3 people she gave advantages. Combining them with their allies could make a majority for the merge vote.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Natalie can buy herself an idol now. With Amber, Danni and Ethan as competition, she doesn't necessarily need an advantage in the challenge to get back in the game. But she can get one or two of those too if she keeps on scoring tokens in the next episodes.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Natalie can buy herself an idol now. With Amber, Danni and Ethan as competition, she doesn't necessarily need an advantage in the challenge to get back in the game. But she can get one or two of those too if she keeps on scoring tokens in the next episodes.
I would agree that the idol is the better purchase proposition if one were to simply assess her current challenge opposition. My logic on reaching that conclusion prematurely is that we know there are going to be some legit return threats who have been presumably eating and sleeping better than she has by the time that challenge actually takes place.

Which should incentivize her to keep stockpiling fire tokens. Not just to stockpile additional tokens that can be used for challenge advantages but to keep them away from everyone else. There aren't too many challenge duds left to send her way... outside of Sandra and Denise (frankly, Denise could kick my butt in the shape she's in... but I doubt her challenge record scares Nat any).

Going to take the time to revisit my pre-game stat post from yesterday for a quick second...

If Boston Rob escapes tonight without getting his torch snuffed, he is poised to shatter Ozzy's all-time record for most number of days playing Survivor which presently stands at 128. Rob is at 123 and counting... although the first time he played the game in Marquesas he only made it to merge and got bounced on Day 21.
Boston Rob is now up to 126 days playing the game. Presuming the next boot happens on Day 12, he will have bested Ozzy's record (albeit needing an extra season to do it).

Parvati is presently building on her active record of having successfully voted out 28 different people at tribal council... good for an 84.8% clearance rate of successfully knocking out her intended target over a span of 33 tribal councils.

The 5 times she missed her mark...
- The merge in Cook Islands (Parv was targeting Yul; Penner flipped to the other side and put her on the opposite side of the numbers.)
- The subsequent vote that led to Candice getting bounced. (I'll give Penner credit for this one as well.)
- Her boot episode two tribals later.
- A meaningless vote split between Candice & Rupert during Heroes vs. Villains to protect against an idol play.
- Russell's blindside of Danielle later that same episode to curb Parvati's influence.
This record, on the other hand, was not built upon as Parv's intended boot victim this week was Adam. She was uncharacteristically outmaneuvered by Jeremy/Michele on this one in their blindside of Ethan.

This marks the first time in FOUR seasons that Parvati has not gotten her way in a pre-merge tribal council. I'd chalk this up as significant and does not bode well for her long-term chances - especially seeing how she was earmarked as the intended target before Adam got creative and blabbed to Boston Rob about it in a bid to curry his loyalty, which, if he had any sense, he would have known was never going to work.

In fact, there have been only two people this season that have placed a vote on the eventual boot in each of their first 3 tribal council appearances... Denise and Ben.

There aren't too many people to initially peg the correct boot in their first three tribal council visits and then wind up getting voted out before merge. Here are the most recent instances of this stat materializing...

- James Lim (Ghost Island - swap screwed)
- Jeff Varner (Cambodia - swap screwed; not in terms of alliance numbers but challenge liability)
- Brad Culpepper (Blood vs. Water)
- Julia Landauer (Caramoan - swap screwed)
- Russell Swan (Philippines - decimated tribe)

Denise went 6-0 during the pre-merge during the season she won and would have been perfect post-merge outside of two votes that were idol-nullified and the split vote that sent Jeff Kent packing. Not a bad record for someone that attended every tribal council that season in numerous different tribe configurations, never had an idol (either possessed or played for them) and only won individual immunity once (at merge).

Ben only visited tribal council once in the pre-merge of the season he won... although he did go 4-0 in his first four visits to tribal prior to the JP blindside which prompted him to get more creative with idol acquisition.

Lastly, if Rob/Parvati suss out that it's one of their heads on the chopping block (and not Adam) should Sele return to tribal council a 4th time, there is a possibility that they pool the 4 fire tokens they now have between them for an advantage in the next tribal immunity challenge. Those tokens won't be of any use to them if they get voted out of the game.

Last edited:

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Friendship with Adam ended, Michelle is now my best friend.

Loved every second of Michelle in this episode.

That being said though, it's a huge bummer to see Ethan go.

Listening to RHAP now and Rob completely calls it in that Adam probably went to the only person on this entire cast that will never play the "anyone but me" strategy and was basically trying to rely on him to do it. That's not who Rob is at all and Adam severely overestimated his desire to stay in the game over his desire to control the game.

Shocked there isn't a tribe swap next ep I think going the HvV route with this season is a bad idea with EoE in play.

Last edited:

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Yep. She can just keep on banking tokens until right before the challenge to get back in, then assess her opponents at that time and go on a spending spree to power herself up as needed. Would be great if she had one or two tokens left in her pocket when she waltzes back into the main game. :p

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Listening to RHAP now and Rob completely calls it in that Adam probably went to the only person on this entire cast that will never play the "anyone but me" strategy and was basically trying to rely on him to do it. That's not who Rob is at all and Adam severely overestimated his desire to stay in the game over his desire to control the game.
While this was a complete misread of Boston Rob's gameplay stratagem - which, frankly, there's zero excuse for when that person has played 4 times before - it was amusing to see Rob role-play the "anyone but me" puppet who was upset that their alliance partner was being taken away from them but would be loyal to someone like Adam for protecting them. I mean, that was a fun little acting moment out of Rob.

I find it absolutely bizarre that Adam thought he had Rob's trust. Maybe Denise had indicated she had some manner of trust/confidence with Parv at some point and Adam thought he could do the same with Rob. Either way, dude was completely over his head and is now in serious hot water should Sele return to tribal again - outside of pulling an absolute rat move and outing Denise's idol to save his own skin, which, well... I would not be happy to see him pull. I suspect at most he'll pressure her to use it on him and her weighing that decision.

Shocked there isn't a tribe swap next ep I think going the HvV route with this season is a bad idea with EoE in play.
A swap at 16 would have made sense to ensure they'd have two shuffled tribes of 8. It's possible they're instead looking to swap at 15 to wind up with three tribes of five. And yeah, some folks would get royally swap screwed in that situation. I'm not an especially big fan of swaps that small as it royally hoses over people who may have played excellent games up until that point.

I wasn't an especially big fan of the early swaps in Second Chance and Game Changers, either... but at least they had a more manageable 6-6-6 balance. And we didn't have players with deep resumes at that point.

That said, Heroes vs. Villains had no swaps to speak of so perhaps we're looking at a similar dynamic play out here. If not, I'd prefer a simple tribe swap to two tribes at 14 and then a merge at 11.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What a naive, rookie mistake from Adam. Wack. His alliance was thankfully smarter than he is.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
The funny thing is if he would have tried that same tactic with any old schooler on the other tribe they all would have gone with it. Hell, even Parv would have probably gone for it if she talked to others and got the same feeling. But he went to the one single person that it would never work on. I just don't know what could compel him to think he was fine to go to Rob with that strategy lol

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm loving the one girl on Extinction sneaking away with all these clues and tokens lmao

And sneaking into the camp to steal the advantage was f*cking hilarious. When they're spitting on each other doing the ashes, omfg

And did I miss something or who ever mentioned Ethan as an option like at all?

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I'm loving the one girl on Extinction sneaking away with all these clues and tokens lmao

And sneaking into the camp to steal the advantage was f*cking hilarious. When they're spitting on each other doing the ashes, omfg

And did I miss something or who ever mentioned Ethan as an option like at all?

The edit this season has been pretty bad when it comes to what is happening at tribal. Funny thing is both this US season and the Australian season has relied pretty heavily on extra information outside of the show to actually understand a lot of things.

Jeremy talked at a viewing of the episode that basically he wanted to work with Rob, Michele wanted to work with Parvati but they wanted old school out and couldn't all agree. So they settled on making both weak by taking out Ethan. Seems like a lot of the weaken and not wanting to rock the boat talk was more talking their own alliance and deciding where to go.

GarudaSmiles

Dec 14, 2018
They did briefly mention Ethan as a potential target shortly before tribal. It's when Jeremy and Michelle were discussing how they should vote.

Last edited:

Draconian

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Boston Rob blowing two straight challenges and not even being considered at tribal sure is something.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I swear I'm just cursed with my winner picks. Picked Adam for this season and then this episode comes along and he just fumbles all the way downhill. Gah.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I swear I'm just cursed with my winner picks. Picked Adam for this season and then this episode comes along and he just fumbles all the way downhill. Gah.

I dunno, I feel like when someone does something overtly dumb but doesn't go home right away, they're likely to stick around for a while. Doesn't help for winner pick, but I'm betting on him sticking around for a bit.

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
From some Redditor's mother lol. UberTag did it better!

6ajjggzq1kk41.jpg

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Yeah, I'm taking a "keep it simple, stupid" approach to keeping track of that shit.
It's complex enough on its own to do anything otherwise.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I love the phrase "dadgummit" lol

Also, good for Natalie right now. Pushing hard to make these trips. I never noticed a token count graphic. Is that new or was I oblivious?

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I pushed myself through a 5km mud run obstacle course last summer. It was pretty much Survivor challenge boot camp and I was in atrocious shape... but somehow I found a way to push myself through it to finish. It's a liberating feeling so I can sympathize with these guys on Edge for having powered their way through it under arduous circumstances.

Deleted member 3465

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
I never realized how much I liked each of the winners they chose. I am pretty much rooting for everyone to win aside from Rob and Adam right now. I hope they don't form a successful alliance, even though I want Parvati to be safe

Deleted member 3465

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
:( I don't want Sele to lose again, this is a mess. Michele better come through with her puzzle skills

Edit: Yes iconic win!

Deleted member 3465

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
Finally Dakal goes to Tribal. Really they're going for Nick though? Lol. I rather keep Nick than Tyson as I don't want Yul or Sophie to be screwed with numbers

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I really like Nick. It's a shame how invisible he's been this season.