• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
People who have made it to the final day on their only attempt to play Survivor, didn't win and have never returned to play again...

- Kim Johnson (Africa)
- Neleh Dennis (Marquesas)
- Clay Jordan (Thailand)
- Matthew von Ertfelda (The Amazon)
- Lillian Morris (Pearl Islands)
- Twila Tanner (Vanuatu)
- Katie Gallagher (Palau)
- Becky Lee (Cook Islands)
- Dreamz Herd (Fiji)
- Cassandra Franklin (Fiji)
- Susie Smith (Gabon)
- Mick Trimming (Samoa)
- Sash Lenahan (Nicaragua)
- Chase Rice (Nicaragua)
- Natalie Tenerelli (Redemption Island)
- Albert Destrade (South Pacific)
- Chelsea Meissner (One World)
- Sabrina Thompson (One World)
- Lisa Whelchel (Philippines)
- Sherri Beathman (Caramoan)
- Missy Payne (San Juan del Sur)
- Jaclyn Schultz (San Juan del Sur)
- Will Sims II (Worlds Apart)
- Carolyn Rivera (Worlds Apart)
- Hannah Shapiro (Millennials vs. Gen X)
- Ken McNickle (Millennials vs. Gen X)
- Ryan Ulrich (Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers)
- Chrissy Hofbeck (Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers)
- Laurel Johnson (Ghost Island)
- Domenick Abbate (Ghost Island)
- Angelina Keeley (David vs. Goliath)
- Mike White (David vs. Goliath)
- Julie Rosenberg (Edge of Extinction)
- Gavin Whitson (Edge of Extinction)
- Noura Salman (Island of the Idols)
- Dean Kowalski (Island of the Idols)

I've gotta say... I'm not really feeling this group.

Susie is the best one ❤️

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Parvati might get the boot this week,
I can't wait till tomorrow. I just hoe Ethan, Parv, and Rob are safe this week. The promo scares me.

Every week Sandra, Rob and Parv survive is one step closer to making this the best season ever. We need this final three. <3

But, yes, the promo was scary.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People who have made it to the final day on their only attempt to play Survivor, didn't win and have never returned to play again...

- Kim Johnson (Africa)
- Neleh Dennis (Marquesas)
- Clay Jordan (Thailand)
- Matthew von Ertfelda (The Amazon)
- Lillian Morris (Pearl Islands)
- Twila Tanner (Vanuatu)
- Katie Gallagher (Palau)
- Becky Lee (Cook Islands)
- Dreamz Herd (Fiji)
- Cassandra Franklin (Fiji)
- Susie Smith (Gabon)
- Mick Trimming (Samoa)
- Sash Lenahan (Nicaragua)
- Chase Rice (Nicaragua)
- Natalie Tenerelli (Redemption Island)
- Albert Destrade (South Pacific)
- Chelsea Meissner (One World)
- Sabrina Thompson (One World)
- Lisa Whelchel (Philippines)
- Sherri Beathman (Caramoan)
- Missy Payne (San Juan del Sur)
- Jaclyn Schultz (San Juan del Sur)
- Will Sims II (Worlds Apart)
- Carolyn Rivera (Worlds Apart)
- Hannah Shapiro (Millennials vs. Gen X)
- Ken McNickle (Millennials vs. Gen X)
- Ryan Ulrich (Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers)
- Chrissy Hofbeck (Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers)
- Laurel Johnson (Ghost Island)
- Domenick Abbate (Ghost Island)
- Angelina Keeley (David vs. Goliath)
- Mike White (David vs. Goliath)
- Julie Rosenberg (Edge of Extinction)
- Gavin Whitson (Edge of Extinction)
- Noura Salman (Island of the Idols)
- Dean Kowalski (Island of the Idols)

I've gotta say... I'm not really feeling this group.
Queen Angelina coming for her win. <3

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry... I had an old man nap.
Jims had the correct answer first.

Amanda Kimmel also attended 28 tribal councils between China, Fans vs. Favorites and Heroes vs. Villains before having her torch snuffed for the first and only time during her 29th tribal council after merge in her 3rd and final season.

Oh wow, I read it wrong. I was reading it as amount of tribal councils people had gone to and then left without being voted out. No idea why since it clearly says consecutively, but my mind instantly who just went to the most and left safe.

Deleted member 3465

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
Thanks again everyone, I ended up watching pretty much every single season recommended in this thread even if it was mentioned only once. I finished from 27 to 33 in it's entirety and then followed up with 37! I was going to summarize my thoughts on each season, but overall I greatly enjoyed every season aside BvW I + II (didn't enjoy the family twist unfortunately). Past month has completely renewed my love for the show and a lot of the winners are amongst my favorite ever - Michele, Natalie, Adam and Jeremy love them.

Are 34, 35, 36, 38 and 39 as bad as people say? I'm wondering if I should just finish them for completion sake. Not many people mentioned 32 - Kaoh Rong, but it's definitely tied with 37 for my favorite season out of the newer batch. I'm kinda curious about 34 - Game Changers as I see Cirie, Sandra and Michaela there.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Game Changers is so bad even the players were asking producers in the middle of the season if it was going to be a disaster.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
For some reason stuff from Second Chances and Game changers blends in my mind. I feel like I memory wiped Game Changers out of my mind other than Cirie getting screwed so bad that they had to cut to the live show so Probst could explain it and try to pass it off as something awesome. Oh fuck and the Varner shit. God damn that season. I'd still watch it over IoI or the second half of EoE.

I feel like HvHvH isn't that bad. It just has a shit winner and run up to that ending.

Of 34 - 39 I think I'd rank them:

David vs Goliath
Ghost Island
HvHvH
Edge of Extinction
Game Changers
Island of Idols

Last edited:

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
I've started rewatching Cook Islands. Great season, and the origin point of both Yul and Parvati of Winners at War, along with several other fan favorites like Ozzy, Jonathan Penner and Candice.

Deleted member 3465

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
Alright thanks I'm good then, on to Season 40! I just kinda assumed Cirie lost, but I don't have the heart to watch her lose again anyway. Especially if it had to be explained.. agh. I'll look it up after I'm caught up

I've started rewatching Cook Islands. Great season, and the origin point of both Yul and Parvati of Winners at War, along with several other fan favorites like Ozzy, Jonathan Penner and Candice.

Forgot how many popular and memorable characters came from that season! That's actually pretty nuts

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
that they had to cut to the live show so Probst could explain it and try to pass it off as something awesome.
That never happened. They did cut to live, but Probst didn't explain anything and didn't pass it off as awesome. I think you're confusing it with the no votes thing on Second Chance. So yeah, it seems like those two seasons blend together for you indeed, lol. For me the difference is pretty stark, since Second Chance is a great season, and Game Changers not so much.

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks again everyone, I ended up watching pretty much every single season recommended in this thread even if it was mentioned only once. I finished from 27 to 33 in it's entirety and then followed up with 37! I was going to summarize my thoughts on each season, but overall I greatly enjoyed every season aside BvW I + II (didn't enjoy the family twist unfortunately). Past month has completely renewed my love for the show and a lot of the winners are amongst my favorite ever - Michele, Natalie, Adam and Jeremy love them.

Are 34, 35, 36, 38 and 39 as bad as people say? I'm wondering if I should just finish them for completion sake. Not many people mentioned 32 - Kaoh Rong, but it's definitely tied with 37 for my favorite season out of the newer batch. I'm kinda curious about 34 - Game Changers as I see Cirie, Sandra and Michaela there.

I liked game changers and even recommended it!

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
That never happened. They did cut to live, but Probst didn't explain anything and didn't pass it off as awesome. I think you're confusing it with the no votes thing on Second Chance. So yeah, it seems like those two seasons blend together for you indeed, lol. For me the difference is pretty stark, since Second Chance is a great season, and Game Changers not so much.

That's hilarious. I seriously just have the two mixed in my head for some reason. I think it's more that Game Changers just doesn't stick in my head but the couple shit moments and I just think of the other returnee season that is great.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Now that the special advantage/secret mission nonsense gimmick portion of this week's episode is done we can actually sit down and enjoy some 15-20 minutes worth of Survivor gameplay.

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
Boston Rob screaming crunch time as he just stands there next to their last 3 pieces.

Two challenges in a row Rob spit the bit, he has to be the target.

Sin Jawnz

Dec 8, 2017
The whole we need to weaken Rob by voting for anyone not named Rob is certainly an interesting strategy.

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
I get Adam is playing both sides, but getting rid of Rob or Parv would be more important than Adam for being a weasel.

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
Adam again solidifying my reasoning for hating when sob stories win Survivor. Trash player who got by because of a sob story at home.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
This tribal council is shaping up to be another mess.
Really wish we were exposed to more gameplay nuance than just being barraged with 5 minutes worth of frantic conversations and feeling lost.

Then again, I'm not sure there's much nuance to Adam's gameplay. It's gonna suck if someone like Ethan who waited so long to come back and play again faces the consequences for it.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This tribal council is shaping up to be another mess.
Really wish we were exposed to more gameplay nuance than just being barraged with 5 minutes worth of frantic conversations and feeling lost.

Then again, I'm not sure there's much nuance to Adam's gameplay. It's gonna suck if someone like Ethan who waited so long to come back and play again faces the consequences for it.
Subtext to Michele's target change is definitely that she doesn't want ANOTHER girl going home.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was a really good vote for Denise separating herself and Adam as a pair in the others' eyes.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Messing up is just what Adam does. Kid thinks he's smarter at the game than he actually is.
Glad Denise was able to hop off that ship before it sunk... for this vote at least.

She's going to need to find a better Malcolm.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
Great move by Jeremy and Michele because getting rid of Adam would have been dumb and this gets less blood on their hands. I am loving this duo and they were thriving in the chaos.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denise should link up with Michele/Jeremy or Rob/Parv. The other two options are.... not good.

EPISODE 3 HIDDEN ADVANTAGE TRACKER

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
HIDDEN ADVANTAGE TRACKER (after 3 episodes)

Sandra (immunity idol w/ limited shelf life - can be used at either of her next 2 tribal councils)
Jeremy ("get out of tribal free" card - can only be used until Final 10)
Sarah ("steal a vote" advantage)
Denise (combined immunity idol)
Kim+Sophie (split immunity idol)

FIRE TOKEN TRACKER (after 3 episodes)

Natalie (on EOE) = 3
Denise = 2
Parvati = 2
Rob = 2

Amber (on EOE) = 0
Danni (on EOE) = 0
Ethan (on EOE) = 0
Sandra = 0
Sarah = 0

Everyone else has 1.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
Jeremy and Michele were able to bring Dennise closer to them put the target on Adam and got rid of Ethan in order to keep meat shield like Parvati and Rob while lowering their power at the same time. Sandra and Yul is another cool alliance.

GarudaSmiles

Dec 14, 2018
I get why they voted Ethan. To take out one of the 3, and to tell Adam to calm the fuck down. Still, why not Rob? It fulfills both things, and he's a much bigger threat. Not to mention that if Michelle is worried about sending another woman out it still works.

The only thing that makes sense is that Jeremy is trying to repeat his meatshield strategy with Rob as said shield.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I get why they voted Ethan. To take out one of the 3, and to tell Adam to calm the fuck down. Still, why not Rob? It fulfills both things, and he's a much bigger threat. Not to mention that if Michelle is worried about sending another woman out it still works.

The only thing that makes sense is that Jeremy is trying to repeat his meatshield strategy with Rob as said shield.
Rob's better in challenges and has a bigger target on his back to deflect from Jeremy. (who used the Shields strategy in his winning season)