• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never watched Guatemala, but Danni was a disaster this season. I'm hoping Adam/Denise/Jeremy/Michelle/Ben take a shot at Rob next week, they have the numbers and Rob needs an ego check. Ben would probably fuck it up though.

I've never thought of Rob as being egotistical. He's very good at maneuvering people and he knows it, but part of the reason he gets so many people to like him is that he doesn't rub it in your face.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2nd episode was kinda boring, won't lie. I guess they (episodes) can't all be winners.

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
I heard that, early on, Danni had tested the producers in Guatemala. She intentionally dropped a piece of innocuous info in one of her confessionals to see if it would spread. When her castmates started mentioning that info to her shortly afterwards, it confirmed that production was leaking stuff. So after they failed that test, she stopped being forthright about her strategy.

I think I heard that story from one of the RHAP preseason podcasts.

Yeah that sounds vaguely familiar to me as a story from RHAP as well.

Draconian

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
So as someone who hasn't watched in like a decade, has Edge of Extinction (I'm assuming it's not debuting here) always been incredibly boring? Because watching people walk around in circles all day is pretty mind numbing.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
So as someone who hasn't watched in like a decade, has Edge of Extinction (I'm assuming it's not debuting here) always been incredibly boring? Because watching people walk around in circles all day is pretty mind numbing.
It's actually more boring now because Reem isn't there to greet people. She was the only reason it was tolerable the first time around.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It's actually more boring now because Reem isn't there to greet people. She was the only reason it was tolerable the first time around.

giphy.gif

latex

Jul 5, 2018
Danni is so bitter lol. Ugh, freaking EoE ruins everything because we need exit interviews!!

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
Millennials vs Gen X is honestly pretty damn exciting.

Rewatched Heroes vs Villains and adore that season though I think Parvati should've won for sure. Watched Cook Islands and have to say...that's probably the best season of Survivor I've ever watched. Aitu 4 is exciting as hell.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Millennials vs Gen X is honestly pretty damn exciting.

Rewatched Heroes vs Villains and adore that season though I think Parvati should've won for sure. Watched Cook Islands and have to say...that's probably the best season of Survivor I've ever watched. Aitu 4 is exciting as hell.
Honestly, Cook Islands was very fun but the only things I REALLY remember from that long ago are that I liked Yul, and that very first episode "I LOVE YOU TOO" thing with Candace LOL

GarudaSmiles

Dec 14, 2018
Always liked Cook Islands. Glad to see it getting more love in recent times. It gave rise to so many iconic characters too. Including the best 3 time player Candace! :^)

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Been listening to a lot of Rob Has a Podcast since the premiere. Never listened before, but was aware it was a thing.

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Been listening to a lot of Rob Has a Podcast since the premiere. Never listened before, but was aware it was a thing.

His content is great! Been listening for a few years and decided to become a patron a few months back.

If you haven't listened to The Wiggle Room, they do an awesome fan-submitted song parody contest based on the current season during the back half of each week's podcast.

Lucas M. Thomas

Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
I just listened to that for the first time ever today. The songs were hilarious. :p But they're not going to be doing those much longer, I gather?

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait till tomorrow. I just hoe Ethan, Parv, and Rob are safe this week. The promo scares me.

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
I just listened to that for the first time ever today. The songs were hilarious. :p But they're not going to be doing those much longer, I gather?

Yeah, unfortunately they claim this is the final season they'll do that specific podcast. Rob and Josh Wigler are a great team, but Josh is kind of burned out on Survivor podcasting and is working through some personal stuff. Luckily for listeners, there's a lot of other great stuff Rob has in constant rotation.

I really hope if Season 42 is Second Chances, Reem is back.

Francesca came back for far less screen time. Reem would be THE first boot to bring back if they ever do so again.

I can't wait till tomorrow. I just hoe Ethan, Parv, and Rob are safe this week. The promo scares me.

I feel like that's a red herring. Hope so anyway, those three working together is like fan fiction come to life. Really hoping Ethan goes far.

Lucas M. Thomas

Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
I've been thinking more about an "all First Boots" season and I think it would be great. It'd be easy for the casting team – all these people have already been approved through their process once before. It would be a guaranteed great season-long story arc no matter who won, because no matter who it was, they'd have achieved the ultimate comeback of going from worst to first. The premiere episode would be extremely full of tension because no one would want to be the first boot again, and every episode after that would be wild because none of the players would have ever gone deeper than three days – they'd all be in new territory. Could be great!

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
I probably wouldn't watch a first boot only season, the ones I can remember were booted for a reason (boring, bad gameplay), not because they were identified as a threat or had good gameplay but just made one bad move.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Isn't it logistically pretty hard to make 42 a Second Chance season? At least you'd be missing the whole leaving at the finale bit, because that can only be done after an even number. Does anybody remember when the voting for 31 began exactly?

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
I've been thinking more about an "all First Boots" season and I think it would be great. It'd be easy for the casting team – all these people have already been approved through their process once before. It would be a guaranteed great season-long story arc no matter who won, because no matter who it was, they'd have achieved the ultimate comeback of going from worst to first. The premiere episode would be extremely full of tension because no one would want to be the first boot again, and every episode after that would be wild because none of the players would have ever gone deeper than three days – they'd all be in new territory. Could be great!

A first boots season is one of the most common fan suggested ideas. Survivor's Facebook page is constantly littered with comments suggesting it. As ChrisR pointed out though, there aren't many compelling first boots. It's a lot of older women who probably won't come back, as well as a number of boneheads who came out of the gate hot and flamed out. And then others were voted out first for being anywhere from annoying to just terrible people. But really, the whole appeal of a returning player season is seeing your favorites return. And most people just don't remember the first boots.

The only first boots I'd really want to see back: Chicken, Zane, and Reem. I'd like to see Tina, Fairplay, and Vytas back, but not on a FOO season.

Also, funny you're just getting into RHAP. Rob simulates fake seasons sometimes as a podcast using BrantSteele, and he ran a great First One Out season featuring TWO Francesquas. :)

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
If they wanted to do an all returners season make it players who didn't make the merge. That lets you get a few first boots, but also some other, more developed players.

Lucas M. Thomas

Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
If First Boots isn't viable due to lack of compelling cast members, my other hope for a returning players season is All Runners Up. Get 20 players who all made it to Day 39 and fell just short of winning the million. Again, you're guaranteed a great season-long story arc with one person finally getting the gold while leaving all the rest in the dust. It'd be more brutal than Winners at War. :p

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
A first boots season is one of the most common fan suggested ideas. Survivor's Facebook page is constantly littered with comments suggesting it. As ChrisR pointed out though, there aren't many compelling first boots. It's a lot of older women who probably won't come back, as well as a number of boneheads who came out of the gate hot and flamed out. And then others were voted out first for being anywhere from annoying to just terrible people. But really, the whole appeal of a returning player season is seeing your favorites return. And most people just don't remember the first boots.
I want to see Jonathan and Wanda return from Palau.
They didn't even get to enter the game in order to BE a first boot.

Jonathan_and_Wanda_Eliminated.jpg

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
I want to see Jonathan and Wanda return from Palau.
They didn't even get to enter the game in order to BE a first boot.

I would almost say I prefer the current relationship the fandom has with Wanda. She's perfect in our memories just the way she was. Also, she's 70 now. Not that the puts her or anyone out of the running. I think Rudy may be the exception and not the rule.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
If First Boots isn't viable due to lack of compelling cast members, my other hope for a returning players season is All Runners Up. Get 20 players who all made it to Day 39 and fell just short of winning the million. Again, you're guaranteed a great season-long story arc with one person finally getting the gold while leaving all the rest in the dust. It'd be more brutal than Winners at War. :p
People who have made it to the final day on their only attempt to play Survivor, didn't win and have never returned to play again...

- Kim Johnson (Africa)
- Neleh Dennis (Marquesas)
- Clay Jordan (Thailand)
- Matthew von Ertfelda (The Amazon)
- Lillian Morris (Pearl Islands)
- Twila Tanner (Vanuatu)
- Katie Gallagher (Palau)
- Becky Lee (Cook Islands)
- Dreamz Herd (Fiji)
- Cassandra Franklin (Fiji)
- Susie Smith (Gabon)
- Mick Trimming (Samoa)
- Sash Lenahan (Nicaragua)
- Chase Rice (Nicaragua)
- Natalie Tenerelli (Redemption Island)
- Albert Destrade (South Pacific)
- Chelsea Meissner (One World)
- Sabrina Thompson (One World)
- Lisa Whelchel (Philippines)
- Sherri Beathman (Caramoan)
- Missy Payne (San Juan del Sur)
- Jaclyn Schultz (San Juan del Sur)
- Will Sims II (Worlds Apart)
- Carolyn Rivera (Worlds Apart)
- Hannah Shapiro (Millennials vs. Gen X)
- Ken McNickle (Millennials vs. Gen X)
- Ryan Ulrich (Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers)
- Chrissy Hofbeck (Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers)
- Laurel Johnson (Ghost Island)
- Domenick Abbate (Ghost Island)
- Angelina Keeley (David vs. Goliath)
- Mike White (David vs. Goliath)
- Julie Rosenberg (Edge of Extinction)
- Gavin Whitson (Edge of Extinction)
- Noura Salman (Island of the Idols)
- Dean Kowalski (Island of the Idols)

I've gotta say... I'm not really feeling this group.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Getting runners up who weren't liked enough to have been invited back already would just be a show of goats who by definition did nothing in the 39 days they were there. That sounds like the worst season of all time, lol.

Lucas M. Thomas

Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
For All Runners Up you'd have to include the most popular ones, even if they've played multiple times. Ozzy, Aubry, Amanda, Courtney. No need to limit it to the ones who've never been back since their first time.

GarudaSmiles

Dec 14, 2018
Yeah it would probably be a dud season, but I've gotta say we've had a lot of good finalists recently who haven't had a chance to return yet.

Missy, Carolyn, Hannah, Ryan, Chrissy, Laurel, Domenick, Angelina, Mike White, Noura, and Dean would all be pretty good returnees I think.

Lucas M. Thomas

Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Domenick for sure deserves another shot, seeing as he tied for the win in the end – that's coming closer to victory without actually winning than anyone in the past. Chrissy's itching for another chance too. Dean would definitely be back in a heartbeat. Angelina's literally having a baby right now, tonight, so she's probably not going to return for a while. :p

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Season 41/42 information from Inside Survivor. Nothing very spoilery. Turns out rumors about 42 that have been circulating might be false.

Season 41 Update

The casting for season 41 is now finished. At least four rounds of casting finals took place between September 2019 and January 2020. As previously mentioned, finalists were given tentative filming dates for both seasons 41 and 42.

The S41 cast was finalized earlier this month and is scheduled to fly out to Fiji mid-March.

It's not yet clear what the theme will be, but the season is all new players. There was said to be a diverse range (age, race, occupation) of applicants invited to finals, including lots of Survivor superfans. This isn't wholly unusual, as, in recent years, Survivor has started to focus on casting more superfans.

Also, in recent interviews, Jeff Probst confirmed that the Edge of Extinction would not be returning.

Season 42 Update

There was some speculation late last year about season 42 being a potential returnee season (namely, Second Chance II). However, all current signs point to all new players.

Another round of casting finals is scheduled to take place in early March, and, as previously mentioned, finalists from the earlier rounds were told they could be in the mix for 41 or 42. This is expected to be the last round of casting finals for the 41/42 cycle. New applicants have been told to apply again in August.

Again, it is not yet clear what the theme will be, but the cast is suspected to be finalized by late March/early April before flying out to Fiji for filming in late May.

Lucas M. Thomas

Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
In the Talks with Google interview Jeff did two weeks ago, he mentioned Fire Tokens were going to be an even bigger focus in Season 41. Maybe the cast will include some bankers or stock brokers. :p

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
In the Talks with Google interview Jeff did two weeks ago, he mentioned Fire Tokens were going to be an even bigger focus in Season 41. Maybe the cast will include some bankers or stock brokers. :p

Give them out more like Garnets and bring back the auction using fire tokens. Maybe they still get the money but they're able to use fire tokens on top of money to increase the amounts without taking all the money.

Fire tokens themselves: Cool, Implementation so far: Meh

Instead of hiding a bunch of idols, have idols cost a certain amount of fire tokens and then hide a bank of that amount of tokens so they can be used with a choice.

Just use fire tokens as additional strategy and gameplay and not just free ways to hand out advantages.

Last edited:

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
The auction is an ever-present fixture in Australian Survivor and remains endlessly entertaining.

Especially with the wrinkle of the first item up for bid almost invariably being a "you get one of every item" winfall that fosters fierce jealousy and people still find a way to be surprised by.

Survivor trivia time as we head into tonight's episode of Winners at War...

If Boston Rob escapes tonight without getting his torch snuffed, he is poised to shatter Ozzy's all-time record for most number of days playing Survivor which presently stands at 128. Rob is at 123 and counting... although the first time he played the game in Marquesas he only made it to merge and got bounced on Day 21.

Parvati is presently building on her active record of having successfully voted out 28 different people at tribal council... good for an 84.8% clearance rate of successfully knocking out her intended target over a span of 33 tribal councils.

The 5 times she missed her mark...
- The merge in Cook Islands (Parv was targeting Yul; Penner flipped to the other side and put her on the opposite side of the numbers.)
- The subsequent vote that led to Candice getting bounced. (I'll give Penner credit for this one as well.)
- Her boot episode two tribals later.
- A meaningless vote split between Candice & Rupert during Heroes vs. Villains to protect against an idol play.
- Russell's blindside of Danielle later that same episode to curb Parvati's influence.

Between Fans vs. Favorites, Heroes vs. Villains and Winners at War, Parvati also has an active streak of attending 23 tribal councils without getting her torch snuffed. The overall record is 28 tribal councils held by Queen Sandra and one other Survivor castaway.

My question to you guys is... who is the other Survivor player to escape 28 consecutive tribal councils without getting their torch snuffed?

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
The auction is an ever-present fixture in Australian Survivor and remains endlessly entertaining.

Especially with the wrinkle of the first item up for bid almost invariably being a "you get one of every item" winfall that fosters fierce jealousy and people still find a way to be surprised by.

Survivor trivia time as we head into tonight's episode of Winners at War...

If Boston Rob escapes tonight without getting his torch snuffed, he is poised to shatter Ozzy's all-time record for most number of days playing Survivor which presently stands at 128. Rob is at 123 and counting... although the first time he played the game in Marquesas he only made it to merge and got bounced on Day 21.

Parvati is presently building on her active record of having successfully voted out 28 different people at tribal council... good for an 84.8% clearance rate of successfully knocking out her intended target over a span of 33 tribal councils.

The 5 times she missed her mark...
- The merge in Cook Islands (Parv was targeting Yul; Penner flipped to the other side and put her on the opposite side of the numbers.)
- The subsequent vote that led to Candice getting bounced. (I'll give Penner credit for this one as well.)
- Her boot episode two tribals later.
- A meaningless vote split between Candice & Rupert during Heroes vs. Villains to protect against an idol play.
- Russell's blindside of Danielle later that same episode to curb Parvati's influence.

Between Fans vs. Favorites, Heroes vs. Villains and Winners at War, Parvati also has an active streak of attending 23 tribal councils without getting her torch snuffed. The overall record is 28 tribal councils held by Queen Sandra and one other Survivor castaway.

My question to you guys is... who is the other Survivor player to escape 28 consecutive tribal councils without getting their torch snuffed?

Russel? Maybe Cirie? There's like 3 other people that all come to mind but none really jump out ahead of any of the others.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If it's not Russell, maybe it's Amanda? I think Russell went to more Tribals in Samoa than Amanda in China, but she went much farther in her 3rd season than he did.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
If it's not Russell, maybe it's Amanda? I think Russell went to more Tribals in Samoa than Amanda in China, but she went much farther in her 3rd season than he did.

Spencer and Amanda both came to mind because of their multiple deep runs and final episode appearances with Spencer having his premerge tribe go down to two people, Cirie because of being a four timer.