• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
i dont know how rob wasnt the first to go, i mean hes a great shield for now but youre just playing with fire, and if he gets to the merge and goes on a hot streak....

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Random tech question, but does anyone know how the cast is mic'd? Things like the opening water ring challenge, how are they making it so you can hear the contestants when they speak?

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Random tech question, but does anyone know how the cast is mic'd? Things like the opening water ring challenge, how are they making it so you can hear the contestants when they speak?

I think during comps are the only time they have actual mic's on them. Not sure how they handle the water aspect, but I know times when they have to get an idol and hide it, while in the comp, you can usually see the mic pack. Outside of comps it's usually just boom mics. It's always noticeable when girls use the buff as a shirt because the mic pack is usually pretty noticeable on their back.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Went back to Season 1 to pass the time until the new Winners at War episode. Good golly gosh, it's painful to watch. It's so slow and poorly edited. The music is often terrible. And the players are absolute morons when it comes to voting. Rich deserved to win the season by virtue of just realizing that he was playing a game at all. Everybody else was just having party time on the beach.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Went back to Season 1 to pass the time until the new Winners at War episode. Good golly gosh, it's painful to watch. It's so slow and poorly edited. The music is often terrible. And the players are absolute morons when it comes to voting. Rich deserved to win the season by virtue of just realizing that he was playing a game at all. Everybody else was just having party time on the beach.
Everyone else basically saw it as The Real World on the beach at the time. Which, really, was the only comparison we had honestly.

BTM

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finally watched the premier and it's just so awesome seeing everyone a little out of their element. So surreal

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
I haven't watched Survivor since Heroes Vs Villains, but this concept brought me back in. The game is so different now.
I will say that watching this season having not seen how half of these winners won their respective seasons does make this really fun to watch. I know they are all gifted enough to be there and have the skills needed to win, but I haven't seen what skills those are yet.

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't watched Survivor since Heroes Vs Villains, but this concept brought me back in. The game is so different now.
I will say that watching this season having not seen how half of these winners won their respective seasons does make this really fun to watch. I know they are all gifted enough to be there and have the skills needed to win, but I haven't seen what skills those are yet.

Welcome back! If this reignites the itch, let us know if you want suggestions on what seasons to watch between 21 and 39. Many good ones, although to be fair, the ones we'd recommend probably produced a winner that's on this current season. :P

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Just a final reminder to those playing fantasy: there's still time to redraft non-eliminated players before tonight's episode. I just majorly swapped the majority of my original picks out. :P

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019

Yeah, had a binge of his new Youtube channel yesterday. It's all typical Rich, and most of it is quite enjoyable. I'm loving the new season, but keep wishing he was there as well. He would've been such a great additional flavor to an already excellent cast. Oh well. It is what it is.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately after last season you REALLY don't want that All-Stars thing getting dredged up.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
That's understandable. Rich has a video about that on his channel, explaining his version of how it all unfolded. IF you believe him, then he was actually quite done dirty by CBS (leaving it ambiguous what actually happened in the episode, while him, Sue and their lawyers saw clear footage of it that left no room for ambiguity concerning whether he or any part of him touched her). And if he's right, then it's also a mess of CBS's own making which was completely avoidable. Of course, they dealt with S39 quite badly as well, so that's par for course apparently.

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
That's understandable. Rich has a video about that on his channel, explaining his version of how it all unfolded. IF you believe him, then he was actually quite done dirty by CBS (leaving it ambiguous what actually happened in the episode, while him, Sue and their lawyers saw clear footage of it that left no room for ambiguity concerning whether he or any part of him touched her). And if he's right, then it's also a mess of CBS's own making which was completely avoidable. Of course, they dealt with S39 quite badly as well, so that's par for course apparently.

There's a Survivor fan all over Twitter, Reddit, SurvivorSucks (message board), etc. that is truly convinced that Ghandia from season 5, Thailand, will return for a Second Chances 2 which is rumored for season 42. Not a chance in hell. She had her own really uncomfortable metoo moment on the show, in which the edit made her look the bad guy. No way CBS would ever put her back on for the same reason.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I watched that video, and kind of checked out when he started going on about Sue's "mental instability". Once the gaslighting starts, I'm out.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
I watched that video, and kind of checked out when he started going on about Sue's "mental instability". Once the gaslighting starts, I'm out.
Understandable. Him going that route made me unconfortable as well, at first, but I kept watching. It made me realize it's just impossible for us/me to judge. Luckily, of course, my judgement doesn't matter at all, and I don't have to judge to begin with.

There's a Survivor fan all over Twitter, Reddit, SurvivorSucks (message board), etc. that is truly convinced that Ghandia from season 5, Thailand, will return for a Second Chances 2 which is rumored for season 42. Not a chance in hell. She had her own really uncomfortable metoo moment on the show, in which the edit made her look the bad guy. No way CBS would ever put her back on for the same reason.
Oh right, that happened as well. Man, there's some uncomfortable moments on Survivor throughout the seasons. And CBS is not good at dealing with that at all.

I do hope the rumor about a second Second Chance season is right though. The lead up to S31, including the voting, was a lot of fun. Plus, the season was great. Love the opportunity to give some fun and obscure players a second chance that might otherwise get skipped over for a returnee season.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I take Denise out of my active line-up and she finds an idol.
Clearly I'm jinxing her. Need to find ways to not have her active going forward.

Incidentally, I'm already tired of all of these advantages.
10 minutes into episode 2 and we already have Rob with a willed fire token and four other players with access to half an immunity idol.
Sandra already has her idol and surely someone on the Edge will attempt to sell another advantage later tonight.

I'll be shocked if we don't see another tribal scenario like that one from Game Changers where Cirie got eliminated with no votes due to simply not having immunity between 6 people.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
12 minutes in and the second time we're getting EoE. This definitely bodes well for the rest of the season.

Man, three idols and an advantage in the first two episodes. They're somehow going to fuck up this season aren't they?

How can you make me pessimistic about this season?!

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I really thought they were setting up that Rob 'planning' moment just to make some message about the thought out plan and the comeback.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
The other problem is that they had someone who wouldn't be willing to overrule Rob work the puzzle with him.

I mean, I love Denise... but that was never going to end well.
Putting Denise in clutch positions where she has to bring home tribal immunity doesn't have a good track record of success.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Ethan screwed that up more than Dani. Ethan made it a big deal, Dani was just talking about Rob "wanting" to keep it old school. Ethan made it seem more realistic and concrete of a thing than Dani was portraying.

Well then she goes and does something more dumb.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
That Sele tribe is a complete and utter mess. Danni especially making me wonder how she ever managed to win a season in the first place. You know it's bad when even Ben is looking like he has better game instincts by comparison.

Good news is that we probably don't need to pray for Denise as we never even saw her after Rob flubbed the puzzle.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sele tribe.

giphy.gif