• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3465

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
Pretty much Grexeno's post above. 28 and 37 specifically are cited as two of the best seasons ever, let alone in the past 10 years. 32 is also an excellent season. And I'd also personally put 31 (Second Chance) in there, as it's one of my all time favorite seasons. Fan reaction is mixed on it, though, as some find it too "gamebot-ty".

I would say 28, 29, and 37.

I'd say 27, 28 and 31. The last few seasons all blur together a bit for me... seeing the posts above, perhaps I should rewatch 37.

Thanks so much everyone for all the answers. I've decided I'll do 28, 31 and 37 over the next two weeks and I'll put off the premiere till a week later to catch up!

Oct 31, 2017
I know its off topic but dam the Au just had one hell of a tribal council one of the best tribal councils i have ever seen.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
With doing a 20 year retrospective and how that video starts....how the hell do you not put Hatch on this damn season?

Oct 28, 2017
With doing a 20 year retrospective and how that video starts....how the hell do you not put Hatch on this damn season?

Because he's a disgusting creep and they just finished a season that lost them a ton of viewers forever due to having a guy who was not as bad as Hatch.

Jeff said Hatch is not a player that would ever be cast in 2020. He is a relic of his time.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Because he's a disgusting creep and they just finished a season that lost them a ton of viewers forever due to having a guy who was not as bad as Hatch.

Jeff said Hatch is not a player that would ever be cast in 2020. He is a relic of his time.

I understand why he shouldn't be, but it comes of as them more trying to save face because of the backlash and not being an actual decision they made or even care about making. Especially since Hatch says he was talked to but then said he wasn't going to be on afterward. They didn't do shit with whatever his name was so now they want to try to turn this in to their benefit.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Can we really take Probst's words at face value here not one season removed from both casting and then placating Dan Spilo's indulgencies for 36 days to the detriment of the entire season just for the sake of that BS moment with his kid during the family visit that has already been long forgotten?

"The relic of his time" in this case isn't Hatch. It's Probst expecting us to hear a comment like that and not question its veracity.

Oct 28, 2017
I understand why he shouldn't be, but it comes of as them more trying to save face because of the backlash and not being an actual decision they made or even care about making. Especially since Hatch says he was talked to but then said he wasn't going to be on afterward. They didn't do shit with whatever his name was so now they want to try to turn this in to their benefit.
Can we really take Probst's words at face value here not one season removed from both casting and then placating Dan Spilo's indulgencies for 36 days to the detriment of the entire season just for the sake of that BS moment with his kid during the family visit that has already been long forgotten?

"The relic of his time" in this case isn't Hatch. It's Probst expecting us to hear a comment like that and not question its veracity.

Certainly Jeff could be lying, but I'd imagine they saw the writing on the wall and didn't want to jump into that PR fire. And right or wrong, there's a very clear difference between deciding to oust Dan mid-game after discovering he's a creep (potentially jeopardizing the entire season) and actively inviting a guy who they know is a creep that will likely cause problems. Dan was disgusting and they handled the situation badly — my wife won't even watch anymore. But at least they (hopefully) didn't know going in.

They did probably ask Hatch. I'm sure they asked every winner. Then they decided who was realistic. Is there a scenario where they had 19 great contestants and Hatch was needed as the last? Yes. But I'd imagine he was a pretty easy early cut. His invite also might have had strings attached that Hatch didn't like.

Ultimately we'll never know and the bottom line is that we're lucky he's not there.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Great video.

Out of his bottom half, I have Adam and Natalie on my roster.

I really want to see where he places Tony. I really want him on my roster, but I can't help thinking how terribly he played the second time around.
My hope is that the rest of this year's Winners at War cast also can't help thinking how terribly Tony played the secnd time around... and dismiss him. Which would be oh so very foolish of them because Tony has a robust Survivor skill set to lean on if you allow him to get any sort of traction in this game. I believe he's very much like Sandra in that respect.

My bottom-half Peridiam rostered players are Ethan and Michelle... and, to be honest, I kind of agree with him in terms of not having much faith in their ability to ultimately win this season. But hey, hopefully they'll at least bring some longevity and earn me some points that way.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
The show has evolved to add twists and gimmicks to keep it fresh, but getting 20 winners together for a season is going to be tough to beat. How can they go back to a "normal" season after this.

flyover

Oct 26, 2017
The show has evolved to add twists and gimmicks to keep it fresh, but getting 20 winners together for a season is going to be tough to beat. How can they go back to a "normal" season after this.
I think it'll be fine. This season should be fun, but part of the show's enjoyment for me is that it's 16-20 strangers establishing new relationships.

Deleted member 3465

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
Started watching Season 28 today and so far it's great! Thanks for the suggestions again everyone! I already know I'm in for a great season when every tribal from the beginning has been super entertaining and unpredictable. I've just reached the part where Cliff got voted out and I was super stressed the whole time thinking another person (LJ) would get voted out without using the idol >_<. So far I really have a soft spot for the remaining members of the brain tribe and I like Wu as well.

I don't know if the winner's edit was ever really a thing, but that's the only thing I'm not liking this season if so. Tony seems like he's getting a more favorable edit than the rest, but I hope it's not that obvious. Still enjoying it either way and I'll probably be done the entire season by the tomorrow. Going to be scarce incase I get spoiled by then!

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Started watching Season 28 today and so far it's great! Thanks for the suggestions again everyone! I already know I'm in for a great season when every tribal from the beginning has been super entertaining and unpredictable. I've just reached the part where Cliff got voted out and I was super stressed the whole time thinking another person (LJ) would get voted out without using the idol >_<. So far I really have a soft spot for the remaining members of the brain tribe and I like Wu as well.

I don't know if the winner's edit was ever really a thing, but that's the only thing I'm not liking this season if so. Tony seems like he's getting a more favorable edit than the rest, but I hope it's not that obvious. Still enjoying it either way and I'll probably be done the entire season by the tomorrow. Going to be scarce incase I get spoiled by then!

EDITED: Retracting my original response. I think I misread your post and don't want to spoil anything. Just glad you're enjoying the season! It's a top fiver for me.

Have we started the fantasy league yet for the new season?

Yep! Check the link in the OP and join up! :)

Last edited:

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The producers love fire making challenge so much. They spent like 10 minutes on a fire making montage in this s40 preview thing.

Deleted member 3465

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
EDITED: Retracting my original response. I think I misread your post and don't want to spoil anything. Just glad you're enjoying the season! It's a top fiver for me.

No worries thanks, I didn't see it!

I just reached the part where Woo voted out Kass and I have no words... had to turn it off for a bit. I don't see Woo getting even one vote to win against Tony. Almost every tribal council has had someone flip which added a lot of unpredictability to the season. Crazy how Tony was such an obvious threat and managed to throw his alliance under the bus for his own personal gain numerous times, but still had them in his back pocket. Tony definitely would have won against any of his alliance members regardless of who sat beside him. I don't get what any of them were thinking not working with Spencer or Tasha when they had the chance. If he's in the winner season it'll be interesting as I don't see anyone trusting him nor are the same tricks going to work on experienced players.

Ultimately I was rooting for Tasha and Spencer, but Tony's win is well-deserved. Can't say I like him too much, but I think he definitely at least played the game. Kass is the only one I dislike on the jury right now, but she was an entertaining mess and I'm sad I wasn't online during it's run to witness what people were saying. I actually think I'll warm up to her after some time has passed. Now for S-31!

Edit: They picked my favorite players from S28 to return to 31 which is a nice transition. Excited to see what happens

Last edited:

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
After getting used the the Australian Survivor schedule and pace of episodes, I don't know how the hell I'm going to deal with only one hour long episode a week of all damn winners. CBS sucks.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
After getting used the the Australian Survivor schedule and pace of episodes, I don't know how the hell I'm going to deal with only one hour long episode a week of all damn winners. CBS sucks.
44 minutes worth of an episode a week. Compared with SIX TIMES that for your typical weekly allotment of Australian Survivor.

And 10-15 minutes of that will be spent on Edge of Extinction with people whose torch has already been snuffed reflecting on what Survivor has meant to their lives. So look forward to that after we get spoiled by our double-length premiere that largely doesn't incorporate it.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
44 minutes worth of an episode a week. Compared with SIX TIMES that for your typical weekly allotment of Australian Survivor.

And 10-15 minutes of that will be spent on Edge of Extinction with people whose torch has already been snuffed reflecting on what Survivor has meant to their lives. So look forward to that after we get spoiled by our double-length premiere that largely doesn't incorporate it.

Why you gotta cut so deep.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Eh, that's way better to me. The gigantic amount of Survivor that the Australian version dumps on you is the only reason I stopped watching it. I'm sure it's great and all, but it's just overkill. Sure, the average US Survivor episode could be a tad longer, but Australian Survivor is pure overkill.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, that's way better to me. The gigantic amount of Survivor that the Australian version dumps on you is the only reason I stopped watching it. I'm sure it's great and all, but it's just overkill. Sure, the average US Survivor episode could be a tad longer, but Australian Survivor is pure overkill.

It's not like there are multiple episodes of nothing? It's still the same basic content but given more camp life and context. It's not like it's Big Brother where they're taking a whole week in to three episodes. You don't have to watch them all when they come out. It more just gets you to the end game faster because the numbers whittle down faster.

Woetyler

Oct 27, 2017
I wish watching AU Survivor was easier in the US lol. VPNs and such just for a tv show when I don't even really have access to a good computer unless i'm at work is a huge bummer.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I wish watching AU Survivor was easier in the US lol. VPNs and such just for a tv show when I don't even really have access to a good computer unless i'm at work is a huge bummer.

Just go on daily mostion and search by season and episode. Usually you can just bookmark an uploader or two and never miss an episode.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Really? Awesome! I feel like I checked daily motion one time and was only ever able to find like the odd episode from an older season.

You just gotta make sure you use the right season/episode format. They label them weird because producers don't count the first season or two, but the uploaders are counting them, so the numbers or oddly off a lot of the times.

Woetyler

Oct 27, 2017
You just gotta make sure you use the right season/episode format. They label them weird because producers don't count the first season or two, but the uploaders are counting them, so the numbers or oddly off a lot of the times.
Yeah haha, just found a couple labeled with completely different show names. Thanks again!

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I just read this as them just waiting to use it for returnees and they probably won't do returnees for a bit after 40.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner. All returnee seasons aren't exactly commonplace.
The last one was 3 years ago.
They go the same amount of time until the next one and that'll satisfy the "Edge of Extinction has been tabled for a while" concept.
This is a non-story.