• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rick talking about "Goats" is giving me Russell Hantz talking about Sandra vibes. His ego is the size of a Kool-Aid man right now.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Ron I think you are being a bit presumptuous in calling yourself a threat.

Grexeno

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say the Season 40 news has made this season and probably next season feel completely perfunctory.

Grexeno

Oct 25, 2017
"Lauren, Aurora, Julie, you have gone as far as you can go in this game."

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
As dumb as it'd be to keep Wardog any longer, him and Rick were most likely right. Ron isn't lasting with Gavin and the girls.

With Ron getting so much hate around his cultish family visit talk, he probably was too afraid to flip on Aurora and keep her advantage. I'm sure that wouldn't have gone over too well with the jury.

I think the game is starting to turn on Devens. Can't be great him talking about being able to just relax on reward because Lauren and Julie aren't playing the game and aren't threats and then he immediately ends up on the wrong side of the vote.

Last edited:

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
From my untrained eyes it seems like Gavin and Rick have to be the favorites, followed by Aurora.

Also, random but crucial question: Last night's episodes was titled 'Fasten Your Seatbelts'. Does anyone know who actually said that line in the episode? I missed it and it's crucial for my pool.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
From my untrained eyes it seems like Gavin and Rick have to be the favorites, followed by Aurora.

Also, random but crucial question: Last night's episodes was titled 'Fasten Your Seatbelts'. Does anyone know who actually said that line in the episode? I missed it and it's crucial for my pool.

I think Joe said it on the jury when Jeff was coming back to count the votes. It was definitely a guy, but I couldn't tell exactly who it was.

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017

Gavin's been out of contention for awhile. Just no significant content and just riding coattails.

I think Rick is the favorite to win if he's sitting at the end, but I think the only way that happens at the current trajectory is if he wins every immunity until then, or is voted out and comes back a second time from extinction.

Purely from what we saw last night, I'd put the final three at Julie, Lauren, and Aurora. And Julie is more developed than Lauren whose whole story has been being hungry and Wentworth's minion. So I'm thinking it's Julie if it's not Rick.

But really, I just want REEM to win. Duuuuuuuuuudeeeeee!!

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Purely from what we saw last night, I'd put the final three at Julie, Lauren, and Aurora. And Julie is more developed than Lauren whose whole story has been being hungry and Wentworth's minion. So I'm thinking it's Julie if it's not Rick.

Agree with this. Guessing also, Lauren or Victoria (I couldn't tell who was saying it) is winning the fire making challenge. They snuck in a random quote of Lauren or possibly Victoria saying how their father would be proud of their fire making skills.

I think Rick had a pretty bad episode and now is starting his downfall.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017

Lol saaaaame.

Ultimate revenge win.

Thoughts on upcoming events...
How do we think they bring the last extinction player back into the game? I was thinking a mass 10-way fire challenge would be the only way I'd not dislike the fire challenge, so... Could be fun?

Red_V2

Oct 25, 2017
I wish this show had a longer time slot to flesh everything out. It could be good but everything feels so rushed. Also I think the challenge for the edge people should be a super easy endurance challenge like last one touching the pole wins. A true test to see who wants it the most.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Thoughts on upcoming events...
How do we think they bring the last extinction player back into the game? I was thinking a mass 10-way fire challenge would be the only way I'd not dislike the fire challenge, so... Could be fun?

Honestly, I'd love for them to do a Big Brother style endurance/return player competition. They're all competing in one long ass endurance comp for immunity, but the extinction player that outlasts everyone else(and still can win immunity) returns to the game.

Make it a true endurance comp where people can actually last for hours and I think it'd be pretty awesome.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I'd love for them to do a Big Brother style endurance/return player competition. They're all competing in one long ass endurance comp for immunity, but the extinction player that outlasts everyone else(and still can win immunity) returns to the game.

Make it a true endurance comp where people can actually last for hours and I think it'd be pretty awesome.

That would absolutely be fine too, and what is probably likely to happen.

I just want the fire challenge to be less crappy haha.

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA

what's crazy is just how developed that area is. They try to hide it in the shots, but there's a lot of houses / farms etc right around there, I think you could see one of the big resorts down the coast.

it's amazing to realize how "not that far away" the Survivor beaches actually are.

Goonie

Oct 26, 2017
what's crazy is just how developed that area is. They try to hide it in the shots, but there's a lot of houses / farms etc right around there, I think you could see one of the big resorts down the coast.

it's amazing to realize how "not that far away" the Survivor beaches actually are.
I was wondering if that was still the case. I remember in the Aras/Danielle/Shane season, there were some beach shots where you could see houses and people in the background. They were literally camping in someone's backyard.

aidan

Oct 25, 2017
My new theory is that Reem was planted by producers specifically to make Extinction island unbearable.

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
I was wondering if that was still the case. I remember in the Aras/Danielle/Shane season, there were some beach shots where you could see houses and people in the background. They were literally camping in someone's backyard.

There's a popular Survivor urban myth that Aras and Shane found a brick of cocaine that season. The version of the story I've heard is that they DID partake in it before production found and took it away.

Grexeno

Oct 25, 2017
Coming out of Endgame, realizing that Season 40 might be even bigger for me.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
La Cheeserie!

In my heart I still think David will win, but I want Reem to win.

At this point I'm suspecting the Final 3 will be Victoria, Lauren and whoever returns from Extinction next.

Grexeno

Oct 25, 2017
Blatantly stealing this from Reddit:

x1o291fxhiu21.png

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone else following this Instagram account? It's putting out a few people a day who either are or are not going to be on S40. Run by someone who called season 40's theme before Redmond did, and has a history of accurately dropping information in the past over at Sucks.

You have to be accepted (the account is pretty quick to do so) so you can see it. Current rundown screenshotted in the spoiler tag below. B&W means they didn't make the cut. Fire cast so far if true!

emnqYwZ.png

Grexeno

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone else following this Instagram account? It's putting out a few people a day who either are or are not going to be on S40. Run by someone who called season 40's theme before Redmond did, and has a history of accurately dropping information in the past over at Sucks.

You have to be accepted (the account is pretty quick to do so) so you can see it. Current rundown screenshotted in the spoiler tag below. B&W means they didn't make the cut. Fire cast so far if true!

emnqYwZ.png
I want to believe because it's a fantastic cast so far with one exception, but I won't consider it settled until Redmond spoils it.

Oct 28, 2017

emnqYwZ.png

Who are the grayed out people? I don't recognize any of them but I haven't seen about half the seasons in between 1-16.

Cast so far seems excellent if that's true. Yul has some gigantic shoes to fill. Would love to see if Tony can make it far as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Who are the grayed out people? I don't recognize any of them but I haven't seen about half the seasons in between 1-16.

Greyed out people are ones who, according to this list, did not make the cut to be on the season. Everyone posted on this Instagram, in B&W or in color, are
former winners.
So proceed with caution if you don't want old seasons spoiled.

Also, as you requested no spoilers for Amazing Race a few posts back, and as this conversation pertains to an unaired future Survivor season, consider spoiler tagging some of the names in your post I just quoted. ;)

I want to believe because it's a fantastic cast so far with one exception, but I won't consider it settled until Redmond spoils it.

I'm not as down on Ben as others. I personally would rather see Mike or Brian over him, but recency bias always plays a part in All Star seasons, and he has a memorable look that stands out from others. If anything, his ability to find and correctly use hidden immunity idols may make him an early target because he's played so recently. Of course, most all of them will have various reasons to be targeted.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Greyed out people are ones who, according to this list, did not make the cut to be on the season. Everyone posted on this Instagram, in B&W or in color, are
former winners.
So proceed with caution if you don't want old seasons spoiled.

Also, as you requested no spoilers for Amazing Race a few posts back, and as this conversation pertains to an unaired future Survivor season, consider spoiler tagging some of the names in your post I just quoted. ;)

I'm not as down on Ben as others. I personally would rather see Mike or Brian over him, but recency bias always plays a part in All Star seasons, and he has a memorable look that stands out from others. If anything, his ability to find and correctly use hidden immunity idols may make him an early target because he's played so recently. Of course, most all of them will have various reasons to be targeted.

You're right. I should have spoilered it.