• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
I'm surprised this episode is getting such rave reviews, even from guys whose opinions I truly value like Rob Cesternino and Josh Wigler. I thought it was gimmicky as hell and I'll never enjoy the "live tribals" Jeff allows to turn into circuses.

I'm all for skipping reward challenges and making immunity challenges shorter (But seriously enough of the fucking stamina or balancing challenges. This show needs a new challenge producer) in order to show longer segments of tribal council but this was just mindless drama resulting in a predictable boot.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
My favorite part during the whole episode is probably Lauren calling it the "Kama Cult".

Don't think this episode was exciting as a whole as it was hyped up to be. Just a case of someone losing their game solely at tribal council, the only real difference was there was a shit ton of chaos after it. I'm just glad it wasn't some idol chaos.

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I was almost certain it was going to be idol chaos. As messy as this season has been so far, it seems like everything is up in the air and there is no clear favourites or winner rankings (I don't care about edgic or edit talk).

I see a path (some more simple and others more elaborate) for anyone to win at this point.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
We must have missed some serious reassurances given to Wentworth between them sitting around the circle and the tribal. Either that or she was really not taking in tribal. Seemed weird that she wasn't really picking up on what Aurora was talking about and then during the chaos she was spending a majority of her time with Julia and Aurora. It also seemed like she was surprised when she saw her name as if she realized they really were probably going to vote her.

Wentworth during tribal is probably the most puzzling for me.

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that this tribal was just a day after the blindside in the last tribal definitely helped the chaos. No group had time to solidify

Also, major props to Wardog for jumping on Rick's proposal and starting to really push it to happen.

flyover

Oct 26, 2017
We must have missed some serious reassurances given to Wentworth between them sitting around the circle and the tribal. Either that or she was really not taking in tribal. Seemed weird that she wasn't really picking up on what Aurora was talking about and then during the chaos she was spending a majority of her time with Julia and Aurora. It also seemed like she was surprised when she saw her name as if she realized they really were probably going to vote her.

Wentworth during tribal is probably the most puzzling for me.
The only thing I could think of is that Wardog and Lauren were letting her know what was going on, while she sat and kept Julia, Aurora, and (for a while) Gavin occupied--which, in turn, kept them from getting involved in the huddle over to the right long enough for the new plan to be solidified. If that's the case, kudos to her.

Oct 2, 2018
I'm surprised this episode is getting such rave reviews, even from guys whose opinions I truly value like Rob Cesternino and Josh Wigler. I thought it was gimmicky as hell and I'll never enjoy the "live tribals" Jeff allows to turn into circuses.

I'm all for skipping reward challenges and making immunity challenges shorter (But seriously enough of the fucking stamina or balancing challenges. This show needs a new challenge producer) in order to show longer segments of tribal council but this was just mindless drama resulting in a predictable boot.

the panic and scramble is all part of this game. Devens did a great job blowing it up at tribal. Julia was smug AF and deserved the boot. She has no chance in the game now.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Came here to post this. Going to threadmark it as a Season 40 Theme Leak so people who want to avoid it can do so.

That said..

WHO'S READY TO SEE MOTHERFUCKIN' RICHARD HATCH PLAY SURVIVOR AGAIN?

Going to assume the above is set in stone until I'm told otherwise.
The only person I want more than Richard is Todd.

Oct 25, 2017
Came here to post this. Going to threadmark it as a Season 40 Theme Leak so people who want to avoid it can do so.

That said..

WHO'S READY TO SEE MOTHERFUCKIN' RICHARD HATCH PLAY SURVIVOR AGAIN?

Going to assume the above is set in stone until I'm told otherwise.

I have to imagine they made sure everything was 100% legally clear for him to play again before moving forward with this theme. Him and Sandra are the two people who you 100% have to have for an all winners season to have any meaning in my mind.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was about the only way that the one potentially leaked cast member on reddit would make sense.
Denise was rumored to not be taking appts for two months.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was gaming stuff on discord
This is probably close to the final female half of the cast. Tina, Vecepia, Sandra, Danni, Sophie, Kim, Denise, Nat A, Michele, Sarah. If a woman wins S38 she would probably be in the mix.

Jenna's had personal issues, Nat W apparently wants nothing to do with the show, Amber doesn't need the money, and Parvati just had a baby 9 months ago.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Was gaming stuff on discord
This is probably close to the final female half of the cast. Tina, Vecepia, Sandra, Danni, Sophie, Kim, Denise, Nat A, Michele, Sarah. If a woman wins S38 she would probably be in the mix.

Jenna's had personal issues, Nat W apparently wants nothing to do with the show, Amber doesn't need the money, and Parvati just had a baby 9 months ago.
Half of that list is good, half is trash. But it's still a great thing to see

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Sounds like Season 40 will be fun.

Hopefully Season 39 is US versus Canada. It'd be about time Canadians would be allowed to play.

Grexeno

Oct 25, 2017
Season 40:

The one thing I'm worried about is that they could really mess up on the male side. Instead of getting guys like Earl and Yul and Todd back we could get too many recent male winners. And lord almight do not cast both Mike AND Ben.

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting, thought the theme was leaked almost instantly. I guess the lack of leaks also means no returnees, I guess?

Yeah, no theme leaked yet, but it is known to be all new contestants. US vs. Canada is widely guessed to be the theme. Redmond had this to say back in February:

There is currently no solid information on the theme, though there have been rumors online about some sort of Indoor vs. Outdoor (or City vs. Country) concept. The idea suggests a group of outdoorsy-types facing off against a group of homebody-types. Or perhaps a tribe of people used to working in the outdoors versus city slicker types. However, Inside Survivor hasn't been able to confirm any of this information, so take it with a huge pinch of salt for now.

Oct 25, 2017
Season 40:
My personal desired cast for all winners (barring the potential of a great win this season):

Men:
Hatch
Chris
Todd
Yul
Earl
Boston Rob
Jeremy
Tyson
Nick
Aras

Women:
Sandra
Tina
Jenna
Vecepia
Natalia A
Denise
Sophie
Kim
Danni
I'm assuming Parvati is unavailable due to recent pregnancy, and I don't think Natalie W or Amber have any desire to come back, so I guess Michele? (This would be a lot easier if the jury had just voted for Aubry in S32 or Suzie in S17)

Grexeno

Oct 25, 2017
Here's my cast:

Richard
Chris
Yul
Earl
Todd
Tyson
Tony
Jeremy
Adam
Wendell

Tina
Vecepia
Sandra
Danni
Sophie
Kim
Denise
Natalie A.
Michele
Sarah

This is my best combo of "what will happen" vs. "what I want"

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Biggest names I want to see back, not necessarily a whole cast.

Hatch, Tony, Adam, Tyson, Wendel

Kim, Sandra, Michelle, Sophie, Denise

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love for Denise to come back, especially after recently watching Philippines. Natalie A, Sandra, and Kim as well.

For men I'd love to see Hatch, Tyson, Yul, and Earl.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got to catch last week's episode...

Obviously editing can mask a lot about what makes a cast member feel secure, but Wentworth's total unflappability is amazing to me. How she hasn't played that idol yet is beyond me.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd also love to see Todd come back, easily one of my favorite players from China and probably one of my favorite male winners.

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
I'd also love to see Todd come back, easily one of my favorite players from China and probably one of my favorite male winners.

For the past few years, I've been going in the fall to the Hearts of Reality meet and greet with mostly Survivor people and a mix of Big Brother, etc. people. Todd has been there both times, and seems fully sober and recovered now. Really sharp wit and crazy nice, and has told me he would love to play again. Funny, last year he was sitting next to Sandra and Sarah, and Sandra was like "we have the pre-game alliance for all winners right here" which Sarah rolled her eyes at.

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like CBS is ignoring their only AA female winner..

6PMpsZB.jpg

Oct 28, 2017
If they were faking it, they would be doing it with CBS's blessing and that's certainly not the story CBS would want her to float out there. It's definitely not fake to hide the fact she's playing. It could be fake if something happened that cancelled her appearance after the call was initially made, but that seems far-fetched.

turtle553

Oct 25, 2017
An all winner season would be good reason to bump up the prize from $1M to $2M or higher. It's about time.

flyover

Oct 26, 2017
An all winner season would be good reason to bump up the prize from $1M to $2M or higher. It's about time.
I agree. I also feel a little bad when watching Aussie Survivor every time they excitedly mention A HALF-MILLION DOLLARS. I'm thinking the show is better than the US version, the game lasts 50-some days, and you still only get about $350k American.

Oct 28, 2017
Oh I guess it was a good time to start watching the first 30 seasons I missed. I'm on Survivor Africa and it's a shame Hulu has so many missing episodes. :(

Last edited:

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had a dream the other night that Parvati was the first one voted out on an All-Winners season.

Hopefully that doesn't happen and she at least makes the merge if the season does happen and she's on it.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I had a dream the other night that Parvati was the first one voted out on an All-Winners season.

Hopefully that doesn't happen and she at least makes the merge if the season does happen and she's on it.

Parvati is my all-time fave player, so I hope not!

That being said, voting her out first would be smart gameplay!

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I agree. I also feel a little bad when watching Aussie Survivor every time they excitedly mention A HALF-MILLION DOLLARS. I'm thinking the show is better than the US version, the game lasts 50-some days, and you still only get about $350k American.
There are no taxes on the AU prize, so it's effectively the same as doing 1M here in the states. (granted, their dollars are also worth more, so the AU prize is actually higher.)

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Amazon Prime has the vast majority of seasons.

It'll have been almost a year when this starts filming.

And she's one of Probst's favorite winners, and one of the more iconic female winners in general. Would be a shame if she was excluded. I feel pretty confident we'll see her.

---
Also, just in case .. last reminder to update your rosters. Two tribal councils in one episode tonight!

Oct 28, 2017
Amazon Prime only has 1, 3, 12-28 (2, 4-11 show as unavailable). Hulu has them all until 34. The only problem with Hulu is that some seasons are missing episodes (asume due to rights issues) for example season 2 is missing episode 11, season 4 is missing episodes 1-2 and season 5 is missing episodes 2, 5, 7, 9-10.