• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey that was a pretty great episode.

WTF happened to Devons? All of a sudden he seemed to be acting completely irrationally. Like he got a whif of being on the side of numbers and it went completely to his head? "They saved me so fuck even the one person I've been the tightest wtih!" Seemed bizarre from a guy that's mostly seemed pretty level headed. And people were wondering why Kelley thought Devons coming back was her worst nightmare. She apparently knew some of this was at least likely to want Reem back over Devons.

I like Wardog's approach to the other tribe as it seemed he specifically targeted the ones who seemed to be least aggressive in the game and the youngest and easiest to approach. At least he did something decent after the half-assed approach to Devons.
He was almost certainly like this in the premiere as well (leading to the intra-Lesu voting) but the editors hid it because it was his "comeback" episode and didn't want to make him look bad immediately.

edit: Seasons 1,2,4,6,,7,10,15,16,17,18,19,20,25,28,29,31,32,33,37 are the best-of list I'd recommend.
Huh, I wonder who in Game Changers.
The post-merge majority alliance apparently.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently, according to Aubry, people have used the Family Visit like this before on Game Changers.

Seemed like Fishbach was saying it wasn't anything new as well.

I'm sure it's something that people have always used as a landmark to point to post merge, this was probably one of the only real major times where people were actively using it as strategy and with a confessed purpose.

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'mpleasently surprised with Victoria, she seems the most clever from the new group. She better land a win or just get voted out early, because she looks like the type of player that will get invited backs and she will have a huge target in her back with her agressive gameplay.

I'm starting to think this season is not as bad as it looks? At least, it seems difficult to predict so far.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'mpleasently surprised with Victoria, she seems the most clever from the new group. She better land a win or just get voted out early, because she looks like the type of player that will get invited backs and she will have a huge target in her back with her agressive gameplay.

I'm starting to think this season is not as bad as it looks? At least, it seems difficult to predict so far.

She was the only one who listened to the idea of the flip, probably accurately thought it was one vote too early, and even still didn't run and rat but just went with the numbers. I feel like she played deceptively well this episode.

JayDee

Oct 28, 2017
It seems like the fight to get out of extinction will definitely be tough. By the way, does Aubrey get to keep the idol she found? Would she be able to give it to someone on extinction as well?

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
It seems like the fight to get out of extinction will definitely be tough. By the way, does Aubrey get to keep the idol she found? Would she be able to give it to someone on extinction as well?
Pretty sure there was an interview with Jeff that said all advantages die when you are voted out, so her idol is dead now.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
New Amazing Race cast is out and it has 3 Survivor teams: Rupert & Laura, Corinne & Eliza, Chris & Bret (from MvGX)

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Welcome into the fold! Just to add to RepairmanJack's response, Amazon Prime also has a ton of the seasons.

I was late to the game about 5 years ago and started bingeing out of order, so my personal advice would be to get CBS All Access and just watch in order because not only are there multiple all star seasons that spoil old seasons, sometimes past winners and decisions are referenced as well. Also just fun to watch the strategy evolve.

However, if you don't have time for this, or just want to watch from what's available on Amazon or Hulu, use Reddit's spoiler-free user aggregated "What Season Should You Watch" yearly thread to figure out the best out of order order.

And keep us updated on your watch-throughs of old seasons. I live for new fan reactions!

Well, thanks to that "best of" Reddit post, wife and I ended up binging the Pearl Islands (S7) season this weekend and man that was crazy. There's not much to say beyond Johnny fucking FairPlay. He was so good and played an almost flawless game, how it ended I was bummed but I was just in awe of his game the entire season. He first comes off as this annoying guy who's kind of a dick and doesnt offer a lot physically and then you realize how much of a social game he's playing and he essentially masterminded almost every big move and it was incredible. (Only small demerit is his chauvinism was real cringey and some of the stuff this season involving him and how the show treats women as objects has not aged well at all) Rupert was of course great and I enjoyed Burton and all the twists and turns. Lil was impressive as hell and Sandra played a crazy good understated game.

Just a wonderful season, had us burning through episodes all weekend. Gonna watch China (S 15) now, though what we just watched will be hard to beat.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Guess I will be watching The Amazing Race again. I used to, but the American version got kind of dull. I stopped part way through last year.

Canada has been better and I will watch the next season of it for sure.

I also hope Ron will go next in Survivor

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit Colin and Christie? Despite hating them initially I have grown to really love those two in their original season.

OP
OP
SoleSurvivor

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
Well, thanks to that "best of" Reddit post, wife and I ended up binging the Pearl Islands (S7) season this weekend and man that was crazy. There's not much to say beyond Johnny fucking FairPlay. He was so good and played an almost flawless game, how it ended I was bummed but I was just in awe of his game the entire season. He first comes off as this annoying guy who's kind of a dick and doesnt offer a lot physically and then you realize how much of a social game he's playing and he essentially masterminded almost every big move and it was incredible. (Only small demerit is his chauvinism was real cringey and some of the stuff this season involving him and how the show treats women as objects has not aged well at all) Rupert was of course great and I enjoyed Burton and all the twists and turns. Lil was impressive as hell and Sandra played a crazy good understated game.

Just a wonderful season, had us burning through episodes all weekend. Gonna watch China (S 15) now, though what we just watched will be hard to beat.

Love this! Pearl Islands and China have long been the go-to "best" all new cast Survivor seasons. Cagayan (28) that aired in 2014 is a later to the game universally beloved season added to that as well.

And agreed on all points about Fairplay. Like you said, the way he acted 15 year ago hasn't aged well in some regards, he's definitely a major standout character in that season and in the history of the game. "The great lie" is still to this day one of the most shocking and memorable moments this show has ever produced.

And if you were wondering, his grandma is STILL alive in 2019.

OWyR7ma.jpg

Enjoy China and continue to keep us (me?) posted. :)

Last edited:

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
If the immunity challenge is 13 minutes in they are going to rocks.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
That would have been more fun with all of the idols getting played. At least there is only one Juli(e)(a) now.

Though lol at Julie and how her and Ron are fucking broken after a single blindside.

Last edited:

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That was a fantastic fucking tribal. I never thought I'd give a single fuck about Rick devins, but he blew that out like a master.