• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Sure I'll accept it. Is the port going to be any good though?

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if a good thing or not...

Probably just sick of people complaining about the PSX port.

Nov 14, 2017
Gonna wait to hear about the port quality but I'm definitely interested. Grandia II was one of my favorite Dreamcast games.

Any word on price point? Hoping for like $15 or lower but I bet it'll be like $20.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
Am I being too negative thinking it's not that reassuring to be shadowdropped like that?
(Don't get me wrong, if it's good, I will buy it but....)

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Have we seen a single screen of Grandia 1 HD? I'm very interested to see how that is going to look and a little worried lol. I'll be buying this day 1 though.
Love me some Grandia - the first game has a real feeling of "adventure" that I've rarely experienced :)

Protodude

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. I want to wait for impressions first. Never played G1 but I reeeeally want to see how it holds up here.

JD_Lars

Oct 2, 2018
Any price listed? Hoping it's $25 or less, otherwise I may be adding it to my WishList for a while...

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Another vid:

Last we heard you cannot turn off the vasaline filter

I just watched two videos, and honestly, they look pretty decent to me. I can't play Saturn Grandia without buying a CRT anymore (which are surprisingly expensive!) and don't really have the space anyways, so it looks like a decent alternative to the PS1 version to me. Background in the video looked a little bit better than the PS1 version, which I guess would mean they were able to rip them from the SS ver?

Edit: Oh, I guess I could play Saturn Grandia on PC. But that's kind of a bummer.

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
hope i can finally clock Grandia II with the help of era. Got stuck right near the end on my Japanese dreamcast copy. Boss damn wiped me out every time.

Takamura-San

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched two videos, and honestly, they look pretty decent to me. I can't play Saturn Grandia without buying a CRT anymore (which are surprisingly expensive!) and don't really have the space anyways, so it looks like a decent alternative to the PS1 version to me. Background in the video looked a little bit better than the PS1 version, which I guess would mean they were able to rip them from the SS ver?
The backgrounds on the SS ver were 3d and not rendered. All videos of the "HD" ver show rendered backgrounds for battles.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Nice, probably going to wait and see if it releases on anything else later but will pick it up at some point if not. Looks kind of bad though, oh well great games.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
The backgrounds on the SS ver were 3d and not rendered. All videos of the "HD" ver show rendered backgrounds for battles.

The SS version backgrounds were also prerendered. They were just higher resolution. You can see the seams when it zooms in, just like how you can see them when it zooms in on Parm from the battleship window at the beginning of the game.

Nykyrian_Q

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, as someone who likes to take my time on (J)RPGs, the Switches release schedule sucks for the second half of the year. At this point, please delay something!

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I suppose we don't know if they fixed the problems from E3 then? Really not happy with this port unless they do.

Tiggleton

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Hopefully they patched in the option to turn off the filter. Otherwise this is a straight up upgrade of the PS1 original despite what people say. It's sadly not definitive but it's certainly better than just emulating it.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Damn, I'm so in!

Now I'm curious if there will be any technical differences to the PS4 version? Anything known?