• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
I mean no shit, but this was never about actually overturning the election. They're fighting to undermine confidence in the entire process and use that as leverage to place extreme restrictions on voter rights moving forward. No one ever thought the Supreme Court would actually hear this case, let alone side with Texas, since that was never the actual point. The GOP is desperate to erode trust in the system so they can try to completely dismantle it in the coming years.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, once you get the job of Supreme Court Judge, you aren't beholden to anyone. Anew the last thing they want is to make the president into a dictator that can undo elections and potentially remove their lifetime positions.

I still hate the conservative majority (especially when one was literally stolen from Democrats), but at least this is the one upside.
Yeah, I do think that the only viable alternative to lifetime positions is a standard and nonrenewable term. If you don't want it to be lifetime, it has to be exactly x years with no chance of coming back. Otherwise the one advantage the courts do have as an institution is lost

Though even that comes with risks in the form of corporate lobbying since people might use the position to secure a cushy job once they leave office

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Texas leaves the union, we won't have to win in Georgia to take control of the senate.

Anyway, I don't take much comfort in this decision. This embarrassing bullshit should never have been entertained, let alone joined by multiple other states and the majority of GOP congressmen. The meltdowns from the recesses of the conservative net aren't particularly amusing either. Yeah, a lot of it is empty bluster, but there's a non-zero chance one of these idiots is going to shoot up or run his car through a crowd of innocent people in response to this.

Oct 29, 2017
DamagedDistortedFrillneckedlizard-size_restricted.gif

Oh, this is gonna come in handy...

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I mean no shit, but this was never about actually overturning the election. They're fighting to undermine confidence in the entire process and use that as leverage to place extreme restrictions on voter rights moving forward. No one ever thought the Supreme Court would actually hear this case, let alone side with Texas, since that was never the actual point. The GOP is desperate to erode trust in the system so they can try to completely dismantle it in the coming years.

Maybe that is some of the Republicans but there are absolutely a ton of stupid people who bought into it wholesale.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Had to hop on over to thedonald to see how they reacted and sure enough they're talking about killing now. I assume (hope) the FBI, etc. is actively monitoring that site.

As to the news... FUCK YEAH this weekend will be great!

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Is this how it's going to be every time a Democrat wins from now on?

Holy fuck it's like IT'S NOT POSSIBLE A DEMOCRAT IS GOING TO BE PRESIDENT ANYMORE.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Biden will be president shortly.

For all the bluster and carrying on...nothing actually happened.

So...good right?
I know, I'm saying it's like Republicans just can't fathom Trump lost and they won't control the presidency. Like they can't comprehend it. Get over yourselves already!

I think Shinobi means in terms of like, how the Republicans are gonna act like any Democrat President is automatically illegitimate.
This.

Oct 25, 2017
I love the Alito/Thomas comment. They aren't just ignoring the bullshit, they're actively shutting it down.

Get fucked MAGAhats

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe that is some of the Republicans but there are absolutely a ton of stupid people who bought into it wholesale.
Yeah that's what I meant. The elected officials are hoping to erode enough trust within their cult that a significant enough portion of the population won't care when the GOP tries to dismantle democracy completely.

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
"This was actually a victory. This was only the Supreme Court of the United States of America. We are taking this to the Supreme Court of the Galactic Federation in the underground Mars bunker." Trump (probably)

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
So the latest source of copium seems to be the Insurrection Act.

All those small government conservatives fearful of state power and government overreach are now fantasizing about martial law and military coups.

Totally not a cult.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
So the latest source of copium seems to be the Insurrection Act.

All those small government conservatives fearful of state power and government overreach are now fantasizing about martial law and military coups.

Totally not a cult.
The 92 LA Riots were the last time it was used.

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, 900+ upvotes in 30 minutes for a legitimate call to war. It's honestly scary.

ysKtxDk.png
Are these nazi larpers going to do shit? Feels like they threaten war and sEcEsSiOn every time things don't go their way, but also all of them are massive cowards.

Regardless, hopefully donald.lose goes on a downward spiral and gets taken out.