• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
Exactly. I don't get why he isn't more confrontational to be honest. They need to drive home the fact that the Supreme Court makeup is undemocratic, taking away rights that most americans care about and they need to be restrained.

They need to be talking about court expansion, ending the filibuster, have laws ready and give reasons for the people to vote in November. Like, "here's law x/y/z that protects A/B/C right. you want it? It's ready to go if you vote in November".

They seriously need to be more aggressive.
I know, their response is driving me absolutely nuts. So weak. Where is the aggressive messaging? They desperately need it right now. Instead the House Dems outside Capitol Hill singing "God Bless America"… SMFH

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

TikTok can't stop users from doxxing the Supreme Court

Retaliating TikTok users have created an online blitz of protest videos following the Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade, and many of these videos claimed to be doxxing the five conservative judges who cast the votes denying the federal right to abortion.

Vice reports that some TikTok videos with thousands of likes, comments, and views had shared home addresses and "supposed credit card information" of conservative judges Supreme Court Justices Samuel Alito, Clarence Thomas, and Amy Coney Barrett.
Some, but not all of these videos have been swiftly removed by TikTok. Even if they were removed, though, the information shared in videos is often simply reposted through "smaller and smaller accounts," Vice reported.
In some of the videos, the credit card information is partially censored, seemingly using a thin white line or transparent red box to prevent the app's algorithm from flagging the post for removal.
Doxxing judges can lead to temporary TikTok account bans, but posting the personal information of Supreme Court justices isn't the only way TikTokers are expressing their frustration. There are videos showing protests around the country, and Vice called attention to a trend where users create explainer videos showing "how to debate anti-abortion views" or how to "poison" data collected by period-tracking apps by "posting fake information." The Washington Post recently profiled two influential Gen Z abortion advocates, one pro-choice and one pro-life, discussing how they use the platform to engage thousands in the debate.

arstechnica.com

TikTok can’t stop users from doxxing the Supreme Court

Some videos claim to share conservative judges' credit card info.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
People aren't missing the point.

They're pissed off the people they elected to fight for them cannot, in fact, fight for them.

Exactly.

I know how the fucking government works. But that doesnt mean I need to accept the people I worked my ass off to elect having such a timid response and demeanor. The world has changed overnight for millions of people and this is the best this fucking party and administration can muster?

Wheres the outrage? Wheres the fight? Wheres the plan moving forward? They had so much fucking time to prepare for this shit. Why are these motherfuckers always so cowardly and fearful? How can people even think these fucks even give a shit about us?

Like bro I dont give a fuck about decorum, bipartisanship, going high when they go low. Fuck that. I want to win, and these weak ass people make me feel like a fucking idiot for supporting them.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I know how the fucking government works. But that doesnt mean I need to accept the people I worked my ass off to elect having such a timid response and demeanor.
This is how I feel. I was more accountable for bad outcomes at a goddamn Papa John's, regardless of whether or not they were my fault. These people have ours and future generations' quality of life in their hands and we can't even shore up consistent messaging on how Republicans are literally going to be the death of us all because the Party leaders are friends with these ghouls. Seriously, how am I supposed to feel when Pelosi says "we need a strong Republican party" when a Republican party that theoretically has less representation across the branches than my team does is nonethless able to sow this much chaos?

Like, I could be emotionally better with the reality of their inability to effectively do anything with the votes they have, like I could go "Yeah, this is bullshit but we can win it back" if the rhetoric were actually substantial and inspiring. Republicans do that shit all the time; they will make villainous monologues out of nothing-ass, culture war bullshit like Mr. Potato Head being rebranded. Where the fuck is the fire?

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
This is how I feel. I was more accountable for bad outcomes at a goddamn Papa John's, regardless of whether or not they were my fault. These people have ours and future generations' quality of life in their hands and we can't even shore up consistent messaging on how Republicans are literally going to be the death of us all because the Party leaders are friends with these ghouls. Seriously, how am I supposed to feel when Pelosi says "we need a strong Republican party" when a Republican party that theoretically has less representation across the branches than my team does is nonethless able to sow this much chaos?

Like, I could be emotionally better with the reality of their inability to effectively do anything with the votes they have, like I could go "Yeah, this is bullshit but we can win it back" if the rhetoric were actually substantial and inspiring. Republicans do that shit all the time; they will make villainous monologues out of nothing-ass, culture war bullshit like Mr. Potato Head being rebranded. Where the fuck is the fire?

It's telling the only thing democrats had ready were the goddamn fundraising machine. Thats all they care about. In fact, they probably enjoy losing because then they can just focus 100% of their time begging for money and playing golf with their republican buddies.

Theres no fire. No urgency. No plan of action. No leadership. No desire to make things better. Just lukewarm suggestions to vote. Their constituents are at the bottom of their priority. Worst of all, they'll do anything to stop progressives or anyone in their party that are at least trying to accomplish something. Wheres that fucking energy against the people who are undoing democracy in real time?

Goddamn bunch of fucking clowns.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad the last few pages turned back to frustration with the dems without much blowback "iT's NoT tHeIr fAuLt".

Yeah, it's not, but being a progressive democrat is still an insanely frustrating experience. Where the hell is the rage? The motivation? I feel like losing Roe should be some defcon 2 shit. They actually managed to topple it after a fifty-year battle. Women's rights could crumble soon. And yet things feel relatively... normal. We voted you all in, find a way to stop it.

Trying to play fair against a party of literal children who will never play by the rules, ugh. It's insane to even think that we're in this situation thanks to a president that most of the country factually didn't want, with the stars aligning for him to stack the court in R's favor. Blowing a justice through one month before an election when they argued a president should never do that in an entire election year while under Obama. It's all such utter horseshit. Fuck the GOP so motherfucking much. Dems need to figure out how to stop these fuckers in their tracks.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad the last few pages turned back to frustration with the dems without much blowback "iT's NoT tHeIr fAuLt".

Yeah, it's not, but being a progressive democrat is still an insanely frustrating experience. Where the hell is the rage? The motivation? I feel like losing Roe should be some defcon 2 shit. They actually managed to topple it after a fifty-year battle. Women's rights could crumble soon. And yet things feel relatively... normal. We voted you all in, find a way to stop it.

Trying to play fair against a party of literal children who will never play by the rules, ugh. It's insane to even think that we're in this situation thanks to a president that most of the country factually didn't want, with the stars aligning for him to stack the court in R's favor. Blowing a justice through one month before an election when they argued a president should never do that in an entire election year while under Obama. It's all such utter horseshit. Fuck the GOP so motherfucking much. Dems need to figure out how to stop these fuckers in their tracks.
To be fair, a lot of the criticisms early in the thread were revisionist takes blaming Obama when we know he didn't have the votes and could barely get a conservative healthcare plan through despite how fucking hard he tried, and blaming Pelosi when the House has nothing to do with the Supreme Court. The recent criticism is on how they're responding right this moment.

Edit: to put another way, the last few pages have been less about how "it's their fault" (which many posters were absolutely saying) and more about them not "meeting the moment."

Last edited:

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
Obama's presidency was probably the height of progressivism in this country - which really isnt saying much - but I wonder if it'll ever happen again. Seems like a pipe dream ago.

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Obama's presidency was probably the height of progressivism in this country - which really isnt saying much - but I wonder if it'll ever happen again. Seems like a pipe dream ago.

Black man and a liberal (centrist)? Totally broke this country with those 8 years. Masks came off on his inauguration.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
It will never not be insane to me that a man who was caught on tape saying "grab her by the pussy" got elected as president and we are still suffering for it and will be suffering for it for generations to come. Like if there was ever an indication that we need to rethink the entire democracy thing it's the last five years.

ViperVisor

Oct 29, 2017
The one-upmanship of online click-whores looking for the hottest take to shit on democrats is exhausting.

This is one of the few things where the status-quo of the past decades was fine. Democrats, if anything, have been smeared as the abortion on demand party. Most people are pro-choice. But most of those people support some restrictions. That sounds like a Democratic politician to me.

On other issues like... Climate. Guns. Healthcare. There are people in the base that are not on the same wave-length. They don't see how squaring the circle we got now is actually getting us to a place they can call a success.

Team MAGA hit 3 home runs or hail mary's might be more apt in this case.
And morons are yelling for Democrats to take those points off the board after the fact somehow.

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
It will never not be insane to me that a man who was caught on tape saying "grab her by the pussy" got elected as president and we are still suffering for it and will be suffering for it for generations to come. Like if there was ever an indication that we need to rethink the entire democracy thing it's the last five years.

Yeah that pretty much encapsulates the difference between the two parties and their attitudes towards women. You'd be finished as a liberal if you said something like that, but for conservatives it's just "locker room talk."

lemonade

May 8, 2018
To be fair, a lot of the criticisms early in the thread were revisionist takes blaming Obama when we know he didn't have the votes and could barely get a conservative healthcare plan through despite how fucking hard he tried, and blaming Pelosi when the House has nothing to do with the Supreme Court. The recent criticism is on how they're responding right this moment.

Funny how the poor dems never "have the votes", not when it's 50/50 majority, not when it's 60 majority. There are always these rotating villains. Then you have establishment democrats like Pelosi and Clyburn who actively campaigns against progressive candidate for a force-birth incumbent.

It's almost as if the liberal democrats don't actually give a shit and will simply use the demon republicans as fund-raising machines without actually doing anything. Meanwhile, republicans run the circus even without 50 votes. Interesting how that works.

But corrupt Pelosi will jump on the first chance to read you an imperialist poem whitewashing apartheid Israel, while married to the "most successful trader" raking in millions off of pandemic. It's only a matter of time before she bring Lin-Manuel Miranda out again to beg for votes, but, copium, this time the dems will surely do something!

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Funny how the poor dems never "have the votes", not when it's 50/50 majority, not when it's 60 majority. There are always these rotating villains. Then you have establishment democrats like Pelosi and Clyburn who actively campaigns against progressive candidate for a force-birth incumbent.

It's almost as if the liberal democrats don't actually give a shit and will simply use the demon republicans as fund-raising machines without actually doing anything. Meanwhile, republicans run the circus even without 50 votes. Interesting how that works.

But corrupt Pelosi will jump on the first chance to read you an imperialist poem whitewashing apartheid Israel, while married to the "most successful trader" raking in millions off of pandemic. It's only a matter of time before she bring Lin-Manuel Miranda out again to beg for votes, but, copium, this time the dems will surely do something!
Or it's almost as if voters didn't actually prioritize or care about codifying Roe and voted in candidates accordingly, which is true despite a quote from Obama. But please, keep rewriting history so you can blame people who had no power over changing this court decision. You're doing an excellent job proving my point.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017

❤️❤️❤️

Chindogg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
Or it's almost as if voters didn't actually prioritize or care about codifying Roe and voted in candidates accordingly, which is true despite a quote from Obama. But please, keep rewriting history so you can blame people who had no power over changing this court decision. You're doing an excellent job proving my point.

It's always weird to me when people cape for politicians despite that it is true that major progressive action is never passed due to some rotating villain in the Democratic party, leaving Democrats with nothing to run on in elections other than "look at how much worse Republicans are."

It's a rotating playbook that works great for fundraising of rich liberals but sucks for everyone who actually had to vote these people in.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that pretty much encapsulates the difference between the two parties and their attitudes towards women. You'd be finished as a liberal if you said something like that, but for conservatives it's just "locker room talk."
Have to agree, that audio clip should have ended his campaign but it seemed to only strengthen it. Says a lot about the Republican voters in that mad country.

ViperVisor

Oct 29, 2017
It actually is simple math that is a tipping point.

www.npr.org

Magic Number In The Senate? It's Not 60. It's Joe Lieberman.

One way to get health care legislation passed: pay attention to what Sen. Joe Lieberman wants.
Magic Number In The Senate? It's Not 60. It's Joe Lieberman.

A decade later it was John McCain as the vote on the same issue.

The system is very not good but how to you make it easier to do good things while not creating a double-edged sword that empowers bad actors as much or more?

julian

Oct 27, 2017
It's always weird to me when people cape for politicians despite that it is true that major progressive action is never passed due to some rotating villain in the Democratic party, leaving Democrats with nothing to run on in elections other than "look at how much worse Republicans are."

It's a rotating playbook that works great for fundraising of rich liberals but sucks for everyone who actually had to vote these people in.
I'm not caping shit. I just don't have rose tinted glasses for how likely progressive legislation would pass in 2008. Some of you are straight up delusional for what was likely to pass back then, or did everybody forget just a few years earlier in 2006:

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I'm not understanding how knowing how the government functions and where pressure ought best be applied is caping for politicians.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Have to agree, that audio clip should have ended his campaign but it seemed to only strengthen it. Says a lot about the Republican voters in that mad country.
I will literally have to go into a grave living how many years I will have lived by that point knowing that people walked around wearing this shirt unironically because that's how effective the radicalization efforts were.
CzGOAnhWgAAGhzV.jpg

And now five years later we're dealing with the nearly irreparable damage and good lord is it the most tiring experience.

Why does a gun have more rights than my SO it makes zero sense and will never, throughout my lifetime, have made any sense.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not understanding how knowing how the government functions and where pressure ought best be applied is caping for politicians.
The simple fact of the matter is that there is a subset of the population who doesn't actually give a fuck about putting in the literal bare minimum effort every election of just fucking voting in the fuckong elections, but don't want anyone to look their way when shit predictably goes sideways.

Dunno how niggas who can't stand in line for a few hours expect to actually mount a revolution, but here we are.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
I will literally have to go into a grave living how many years I will have lived by that point knowing that people walked around wearing this shirt unironically because that's how effective the radicalization efforts were.
CzGOAnhWgAAGhzV.jpg

And now five years later we're dealing with the nearly irreparable damage and good lord is it the most tiring experience.

Why does a gun have more rights than my SO it makes zero sense and will never, throughout my lifetime, have made any sense.
Holy shit. That's one for the textbooks. Would be apt for the section where it starts to talk about when the wheels really started to come off.

Oct 25, 2017
It's telling the only thing democrats had ready were the goddamn fundraising machine. Thats all they care about. In fact, they probably enjoy losing because then they can just focus 100% of their time begging for money and playing golf with their republican buddies.

Theres no fire. No urgency. No plan of action. No leadership. No desire to make things better. Just lukewarm suggestions to vote. Their constituents are at the bottom of their priority. Worst of all, they'll do anything to stop progressives or anyone in their party that are at least trying to accomplish something. Wheres that fucking energy against the people who are undoing democracy in real time?

This is what bothers me so much.

Every single day Dems should scream about how evil the Republicans are EVERY SINGLE DAY. They should scream about how the court is illegitimate, how Gerrymandering, the Fillibuster, and the Electoral College essentially makes progress impossible and also makes this country anti-democratic.

Dems don't do ANYTHING while Republicans call them evil, it's pathetic.

When history looks back at this era they won't go "well Dems just wanted to do their job and take the high road", no one cares.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

Google will delete location history data for abortion clinic visits

Alphabet will delete location data showing when users visit an abortion clinic, the online search company said on Friday, after concern that a digital trail could inform law enforcement if an individual terminates a pregnancy illegally.
Google on Friday said it will continue to push back against improper or overly broad demands for data by the government, without reference to abortion.
Effective in the coming weeks, for those who do use location history, entries showing sensitive places including fertility centers, abortion clinics and addiction treatment facilities will be deleted soon after a visit.
Google is the first tech company to publicly say how they will handle user data in response to concerns over the court ruling and how it can be weaponized and imposed by law enforcement.

Separately, the company on Friday updated its policy to designate US advertisers as providing abortions even if they dispense pills by mail after a virtual consultation, but lack their own facilities.
www.theguardian.com

Google will delete location history data for abortion clinic visits

The company said that sensitive places including fertility centers, clinics and addiction treatment facilities will be erased

A 10-year-old was forced to cross state lines for an abortion after Ohio's ban went into place. The Indiana doctor who helped her will soon be unable to assist others

With abortion outlawed after six weeks in Ohio, physicians in neighboring Indiana described an influx of out-of-state patients seeking care. Among them: a pregnant 10-year-old.
Dr. Caitlin Bernard, an Indianapolis obstetrician-gynecologist, told the Indianapolis Star that just three days after the federal right to an abortion was reversed she received a call from a colleague, a child abuse doctor in Ohio, who needed her help. The physician had a pregnant patient, a 10-year-old, who could no longer legally undergo the procedure in her home state.
Despite the influx of patients seeking care across state lines, with abortion access likely to be restricted in Indiana, Bernard's ability to help those seeking the procedure in the future is uncertain.
Planned Parenthood Illinois expects the state will see an additional 20,000 to 30,000 patients overall crossing its border to receive abortions each year.
www.yahoo.com

A 10-year-old was forced to cross state lines for an abortion after Ohio's ban went into place. The Indiana doctor who helped her will soon be unable to assist others.

As Ohio outlawed abortions after six weeks, doctors in neighboring Indiana described an influx of patients from out-of-state seeking the procedure, including a pregnant 10-year-old.

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
Texas Supreme Court revives century old abortion ban after Roe vs Wade is overturned. If you were thinking that in some states with split control, the Democratic governor can stop the Republican legislature from passing abortion bans, the state courts (if Republican dominated) can just interpret the old bans as having been revived.

Legal wrangling over abortions in Texas took a further twist late Friday, after the state Supreme Court blocked a lower court order issued just days earlier that had temporarily allowed the procedures to resume.

The Texas Supreme Court in Austin granted an "emergency motion for temporary relief" that was filed Wednesday by the state's attorney general, Republican Ken Paxton, staying a temporary restraining order that had been granted earlier this week by a judge in Harris County. A further state Supreme Court hearing is scheduled for later this month.

Texas has left a nearly century-old abortion ban on the statute books for the past 50 years while Roe v. Wade was in place. With Roe struck down, Paxton had advised that prosecutors could now enforce the 1925 law, which he called a "100% good law" on Twitter. However, the claimants have argued that it should be interpreted as repealed and unenforceable.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

Marshal of the Supreme Court asks Maryland and Virginia officials to enforce anti-picketing laws

(CNN)The marshal of the Supreme Court has asked Maryland and Virginia officials to direct law enforcement to enforce state and county laws prohibiting picketing outside the homes of Supreme Court justices, according to letters obtained by CNN.
In separate letters to GOP Gov. Larry Hogan and Montgomery County County Executive Mark Ehrlich, Marshal of the Court Gail A. Curley said state and local authorities should be doing more to keep the justices safe.

"I would respectfully request that you direct the Maryland State Police to enforce Maryland and Montgomery County laws that squarely prohibit picketing at the homes of Supreme Court Justices who reside in Maryland," Curley write to Hogan on Friday.
"For weeks on end, large groups of protesters chanting slogans, using bullhorns, and banging drums have picketed Justices' homes in Maryland," she wrote. "Earlier this week, for example, 75 protesters loudly picketed at one Justice's home in Maryland 20-30 minutes in the evening, then proceed to picket at another Justice's home for 30 minutes, where the crowd grew to 100, and finally returned to the first Justice's home to picket for another 20 minutes."

"This is exactly the kind of conduct that the Maryland and Montgomery County laws prohibit," Curley wrote.
She did not name the justices the demonstrators targeted.

www.cnn.com

Supreme Court marshal asked Maryland and Virginia governors to protect justices. Here's what they said.

The marshal of the Supreme Court is asking Maryland officials to direct law enforcement to enforce the state's laws prohibiting picketing outside the homes of Supreme Court justices, according to letters sent to Gov. Larry Hogan and Mark Elrich, the county executive of Montgomery County.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
The state should repeal laws about picketing Supreme Court justices homes. It's discriminatory, and unconstitutional. Also the American public should be provided with justices full and complete medical history.

Oct 27, 2017
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory seems to be an objective. Why the fuck would you do this? The optics are horrific and demoralizing.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Anti-picketing laws? Sounds unconstitutional to me.

Or maybe blue states should pass anti-pocketing laws for minority owned businesses and abortion clinics 🤔

julian

Oct 27, 2017
He's gone soon anyway and can't run again. He won't touch it.

Edit: Oh sorry, I see you are talking about the picketing thing. I thought you meant if he'd try to outlaw abortion in MD.
I was talking about the picketing thing but didn't realize he'd be gone soon. So it's not really that interesting after all since he will face no consequences for whatever he does.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
In the meantime, NYT Op-eds continue to come in hot and heavy with equating trans acceptance and visibility with Roe v Wade being overturned lol

FWvwZRlXwAEtIR_

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
In the meantime, NYT Op-eds continue to come in hot and heavy with equating trans acceptance and visibility with Roe v Wade being overturned lol

FWvwZRlXwAEtIR_
Well, you didn't know that saying trans rights are human rights is exactly like being a Nazi...?

Anyway, what else is new from the fascist enablers at the NYT.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
NYT fucking sucks, garbage fascist, racist, transphobic enablers.

Really hate how the Press these days are compete idiots who do nothing but carry water for conservatives on the whole

May 21, 2018
At this rate the next time someone complains about how the librul media keeps pushing liberal propaganda, my eyes are going to roll so far and wide they'll start orbiting the solar system.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019

Biden you miserable old fuck, why would you trust mitch

This McConnell deal, if true, tracks somewhat with this reporting

And people still want to trust this guy on getting anything that's truly meaningful done? This is one of the reasons that makes me regret my vote for him & vote 3rd party from now on.

And I was already starting to vote 3rd party in 2020 like I've done back in 2012 when Obama had also lied about Roe among other shit. I'm through voting for anymore neoliberal, conservative Democrats.

It's telling the only thing democrats had ready were the goddamn fundraising machine. That's all they care about. In fact, they probably enjoy losing because then they can just focus 100% of their time begging for money and playing golf with their republican buddies.

There's no fire. No urgency. No plan of action. No leadership. No desire to make things better. Just lukewarm suggestions to vote. Their constituents are at the bottom of their priority. Worst of all, they'll do anything to stop progressives or anyone in their party that are at least trying to accomplish something. Where's that fucking energy against the people who are undoing democracy in real time?

Bingo.

Last edited:

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
And people still want to trust this guy on getting anything that's truly meaningful done? This is one of the reasons that makes me regret my vote for him & vote 3rd party from now on.

And I was already starting to vote 3rd party in 2020 like I've done back in 2012 when Obama had also lied about Roe among other shit. I'm through voting for anymore neoliberal, conservative Democrats.

Bingo.
So you bumped two old threads within minutes, both to propagate the terrible idea of voting third party?