• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
You know we can all see that you haven't posted a damn thing about this subject except this post right? You really had nothing to contribute about the overturning of Roe v Wade except this?
Shockingly not all my communications online are on this forum. What are you trying to imply?

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
You know we can all see that you haven't posted a damn thing about this subject except this post right? You really had nothing to contribute about the overturning of Roe v Wade except this?
He is much more vocal on his views on Twitter than he is on here:

Not agreeing with the "hey what the fuck" post but I just wanted to elucidate that he is very much on the same side.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
For what it's worth, I don't think even hardcore feminists would be above calling Amy Barrett a c*nt-ass b*tch.
I mean, I am above that? They're both loaded misogynistic terms. I'm just super, super against using these terms period. There are plenty of things I can call her without sounding like a 15 year old on Xbox Live?

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
That a Black person using the word "coon" triggered your desire to post more than anything else that's gone on in this fiasco.

You're under some sort of strange belief that this thread is the center of all discussion in the world. I'm not sure how to respond to that. Use whatever word you like, I guess.

I don't have to imply anything. You've clearly got your priorities sorted and tone policing minorities is up there.

Yeah, someone tone policing minorities would sure be bad. You'd never be guilty of that, right?

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
So what is the libertarian stance on this ruling? They're pretty big on individual liberty, right? They said anything yet? I'm curious if they keeping the same energy with this garbage ruling.

Kind of a "both sides" stance, but the gist of it seems fine:

www.lp.org

Libertarians: Abortion is a matter for individual conscience, not public decree | Libertarian Party

Alabama is the most recent state to pass newly restrictive anti-abortion laws in 2019, following Iowa, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Ohio. Abortion remains legal at the federal level, so it is likely that as the new state laws are challenged, one or more cases will eventually reach the U.S. Supreme...

Recognizing that abortion is a sensitive issue and that people can hold good-faith views on all sides, we believe that government should be kept out of the matter, leaving the question to each person for their conscientious consideration

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I am not mad at you.
And it's hard for me honestly. It takes a lot for me to even dislike someone. He and Ben Carson might be some of the only people I have an active disdain for and wish all the worst for. I have no patience for people who prove themselves traitors to oppressed peoples. He's not even a grifter. He's a true believer and is a threat to the future of people of color and other minorities every day he wakes up in the morning.

I want to know what his momma thought of him. I wonder if she even had the nerve to go to church knowing the other sisters were certainly side eying her. You know nobody are her potato salad if she even had the audacity to come to cookouts.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of a "both sides" stance, but the gist of it seems fine:

www.lp.org

Libertarians: Abortion is a matter for individual conscience, not public decree | Libertarian Party

Alabama is the most recent state to pass newly restrictive anti-abortion laws in 2019, following Iowa, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Ohio. Abortion remains legal at the federal level, so it is likely that as the new state laws are challenged, one or more cases will eventually reach the U.S. Supreme...

It's 100% bullshit if said 'Libertarians' vote GOP which most do.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
I hate the mothafucka. Happy to say it. I'd spit on him if I could. Not just for what he's done but what he will eventually get to do to affirmative action.
he's been on record since forever on his hate of affirmative action. this will literally be his lifelong dream ever since some racist made him feel lesser and called him an affirmative action case.

he is like one of the ghosts of slavery, his powerful self-hate that reverberates through his position and affects every person in this country. he embodies the white ideas and lies and mainly the hate, he became what they had been trying to create for all those hundreds of years in us.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
It's 100% bullshit if said 'Libertarians' vote GOP which most do.
Depends on if they are single issue voters though. If they are more worried about some other issue I guess they will find a way to justify supporting them.

he's been on record since forever on his hate of affirmative action. this will literally be his lifelong dream ever since some racist made him feel lesser and called him an affirmative action case.

he is like one of the ghosts of slavery, his powerful self-hate that reverberates through his position and affects every person in this country.
100%. I've been hating this nigga for 20+ years and since Cali lost affirmative action. Fuck Clarence Thomas. I still can't believe this is the person they found to stink up Thrugood Marshall's seat.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York

he is like one of the ghosts of slavery, his powerful self-hate that reverberates through his position and affects every person in this country.

Some of us will do ANYTHING to chase white approval. I'm not a fan of calling someone a coon just cause they say something off the beaten path but holy shit...this motherfucker's reputation is well earned. Give me a break...

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
^ yep

I reject the notion that a 'Libertarian' can only care about their 2A right. They aren't a Libertarian....they're just a fascist supporting militia cosplayer.
No argument there.

Some of us will do ANYTHING to chase white approval. I'm not a fan of calling someone a coon just cause they say something off the beaten path but holy shit...this motherfucker's reputation is well earned. Give me a break...
Indeed. He is absolutely an uncle Rukus-ass, sambo-ass, never-invited-to-the-picnic-ass coon. His picture is next to the dictionary definition. I hate that I lived in a time where he existed and persisted. It's embarrassing and frustrating every day. Every time I think about him.

less

Oct 25, 2017

I'd assume that Schatz has a pretty good idea of where the rest of the Senate caucus is on codifying RvW and the filibuster barrier. So yeah, give them two more Senators to toss aside Sinema and Manchin plus have the Dems retain the House and it will will happen. But chances are that we will have a shot in 2024 if we regain the House and have a Senate majority that does not rely on Manchin or Sinema.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Gotta say, when I got home from work and peeked in on this thread to observe the goings-on of the day...

In defense of Clarence Thomas was not what I was expecting.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I think Imran just didn't realize that poster was black when they said what they did. Knowing what I know about him and his views and as an admirer of his work and ability to escape Tennessee, I don't think he was trying to defend Thomas. His responses afterward are a bit weird, though, so maybe I am off. He should probably clarify that.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Gotta say, when I got home from work and peeked in on this thread to observe the goings-on of the day...

In defense of Clarence Thomas was not what I was expecting.
I have few triggers in life. Clarence and Ben Carson are two of them. I'm doing my very best to remain calm and well behaved. But I do wish him all the very worst things in life. I hope he stubs his toe every morning.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
That a Black person using the word "coon" triggered your desire to post more than anything else that's gone on in this fiasco.
But as you understand, that word is not used outside of bad places like 4chan and the like. So it's understandable that someone can be incredibly startled by it.

I think we all need to step away from the ledge. Imran is very vocal in twittersphere and the big picture is we are all on the side of human rights here. It's also possible Imran was not aware of your race. Let's not let misunderstandings create more divisions between us minorities.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah then that's an insufficient statement. The House can easily swing to the red.

Yeah, the House will be the most concerning. Before this decision by the SC the House would have taken legit miracles to remain under Dem control. After this decision? No clue but I would be surprised if it still doesn't take a miracle or two to remain under Dem control. 2024 may be the best chance we get to codify RvW for the foreseeable future. And that is if we can expand the Senate majority we have by two now. And perhaps primary Sinema in 2024 and win that Senate seat again.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
Okay. I take back what I said earlier. I replied to that post because I was linked that post. I didn't participate in this discussion all weekend because I was 1) sick and 2) actually protesting. I didn't realize not having done so was going to set people off.

Implying I'm not minority enough or that I don't care enough is genuine bullshit and I'm honestly so upset by it I'm seething. I did not realize I was supposed to lead with my Twitter posts angry about it, saying we should fit the judges for guillotines, using my podium to to raise abortion funds at the risk of my job, or anything like that.

You guys can use whatever words you want without argument from me. I am done posting about it and rescind my initial comment.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I think making a drive-by comment to complain about the words some Black people here are using to describe Justice Thomas is stupid, yes. I think doing it to a moderator is even stupider.
I think different people can have different tolerance level that causes them to post something for the first time, but I don't think it's fair to immediately cast doubt on their intentions. There's many threads that I just lurk on that have 10,15, 20 pages.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Okay. I take back what I said earlier. I replied to that post because I was linked that post. I didn't participate in this discussion all weekend because I was 1) sick and 2) actually protesting. I didn't realize not having done so was going to set people off.

Implying I'm not minority enough or that I don't care enough is genuine bullshit and I'm honestly so upset by it I'm seething. I did not realize I was supposed to lead with my Twitter posts angry about it, saying we should fit the judges for guillotines, using my podium to to raise abortion funds at the risk of my job, or anything like that.

You guys can use whatever words you want without argument from me. I am done posting about it and rescind my initial comment.

Hey man, for what it counts, I apologize for what I said too. Clearly I was absolutely wrong about your thoughts on the subject, and you absolutely have said a lot about it in other places. Even being a follower of yours on Twitter and generally a fan of yours, I didn't realize who you were here. In my eyes I just saw a classic trolling drive-by that we get way too commonly. Clearly my anger on this situation at large has made me eager to leap down someone's throat.

I think different people can have different tolerance level that causes them to post something for the first time, but I don't think it's fair to immediately cast doubt on their intentions. There's many threads that I just lurk on that have 10,15, 20 pages.

You're right and I shouldn't have been so quick to judgement.