• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
So... protect people in red states by hastening the split of the country into a situation which will lead to their rights being stripped anyways?
Or wait 30 years to reverse this awful decision and the ones that are sure to come just like it?

If the country is really going to split up, so be it. We have to do something. This is a war on BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS and Roe being tossed is just the start, anyone knows that with half a brain.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Genuinely curious if Clarence Thomas is a true believer or just getting paid in a big way to be the biggest piece of shit possible.

And

"The liberals made my life miserable for 43 years," a former clerk remembered Thomas – who was 43 years old when confirmed – saying, according to The New York Times. "And I'm going to make their lives miserable for 43 years."
www.businessinsider.com

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas told his law clerks in the '90s that he wanted to serve for 43 years to make liberals' lives 'miserable'

In a 1993 article in The New York Times, a former law clerk of the Supreme Court Justice said Thomas held a grudge against liberals for making his life miserable.

There's your answer

bruhaha

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
Or wait 30 years to reverse this awful decision and the ones that are sure to come just like it?

If the country is really going to split up, so be it. We have to do something. This is a war on BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS and Roe being tossed is just the start, anyone knows that with half a brain.

How does letting the country split up protect the rights of women, LGBTQ, BIPOC in red states?

Naiad

Aug 27, 2020
My heart hurts for you...what a terrible decision process to have to go through. And, not at all to take this away from you, but I consider your voice in a pool of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands to millions, who may similarly have to make a more weighted decision because of this detrimental decision by the SC...

It's not fucking fair. Women keep getting put on the sidelines, and for what?

It's definitely not fucking fair and I know that if I'm having to make these kinds of decisions so are countless of other women who may be around my age, and even women who may actually be at the prime age for pregnancy as well. So, you're good <3.

The SCOTUS has given women an ultimatum: your life or procreation. And in the instance that I can't have children safely, I'm going to 100% choose my own life. At least I can control that.....to an extent.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
My heart hurts for you...what a terrible decision process to have to go through. And, not at all to take this away from you, but I consider your voice in a pool of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands to millions, who may similarly have to make a more weighted decision because of this detrimental decision by the SC...

It's not fucking fair. Women keep getting put on the sidelines, and for what?

Literally watching what my state will do like a hawk because of this.

(Naiad is my wife)

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz

And

www.businessinsider.com

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas told his law clerks in the '90s that he wanted to serve for 43 years to make liberals' lives 'miserable'

In a 1993 article in The New York Times, a former law clerk of the Supreme Court Justice said Thomas held a grudge against liberals for making his life miserable.

There's your answer

It's pretty hard to be Black and not know what Uncle Clarence is. My Mom, Grandma and alllll my Aunts can tell you what Uncle Clarence is. What his dumb ass has failed to realize in his 74 years as an ass kisser is something I've known since I was 11. No matter what you do for the people he's decided to serve you are still just a nigger to them. At that is something I will NEVER forget like he seems to.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
How does letting the country split up protect the rights of women, LGBTQ, BIPOC in red states?
How would you even know that expansion of the SCOTUS would be the magic spell that actually splits up the country? Everyone worries about it, yes; TX is thinking about actual secession for their own reasons that are far more likely to start one anyway. That's why I say so be it. There are other things that are more likely to trigger the US being split up, not to mention even if expansion of SCOTUS did cause some kind of civil conflict I'm inclined to think blue states would be flagrantly defying laws in red states to help people there affected by GOP fuckery. They're likely going to end up doing this anyway for a lot of women, I'd bet.

The fact is we have to do something. We have to be aggressive about it and we have to try.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017

Best think to do at this point is split imo, staying united is just causing too many good to suffer for the bad. Life too short to keep asking people to go back and forth, its literally been centuries of fuckry compared to a few recent decades of decent progress.

Macam

Nov 8, 2018
Pelosi's letter outlines what things they're doing legislatively including looking at period tracking apps and travel. None of these will probably pass the senate, but they are putting up proposals.

FWSP3r1XwAsRagg.jpg:large

"Makes clear that Americans have the right to travel freely and voluntarily throughout the United States".

Perhaps, but if you're going to willingly commit a "felony" according to the home state's laws…you may not.

Dec 19, 2021

There is almost 0 chance of this country splitting up. There are almost no lines of division that would actually work when you realize California has more Republicans than any other state and Texas has more democrats. The divide is mostly Urban/Rural which doesn't lend itself to splitting in any meaningful way.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Best think to do at this point is split imo, staying united is just causing too many good to suffer for the bad. Life too short to keep asking people to go back and forth, its literally been centuries of fuckry compared to a few recent decades of decent progress.

Again:

The United States is not a cleanly divided country politically. The splits that matter are rural vs. urban, white men vs. everybody else, lower income high school graduate vs. higher educated, etc.

There is no comic book good vs. evil clean split.

None of that has anything to do with geographical divides.

bruhaha

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
How would you even know that expansion of the SCOTUS would be the magic spell that actually splits up the country?

I was responding to you expressing that you didn't care if it hastened civil war. Changing the rules with a bare majority in government while not addressing the structural issues that are the cause for that bare majority doesn't really establish the rights that you want.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017

How does keeping it together protect the rights of those in red states?

There aren't good options here. I think if there was a clear winner we could rally around it but we're stuck.

Red states won't be small-d democratic after 2022 when they fascists take over the offices certifying elections.

So you won't be able to campaign to protect minorities then.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
It's pretty hard to be Black and not know what Uncle Clarence is. My Mom, Grandma and alllll my Aunts can tell you what Uncle Clarence is. What his dumb ass has failed to realize in his 74 years as an ass kisser is something I've known since I was 11. No matter what you do for the people he's decided to serve you are still just a nigger to them. At that is something I will NEVER forget like he seems to.
These self-hating fuckers seems to always think they're the exception. Look at Log Cabin Republicans for a perfect example. They are only just now complaining about the anti-LGBT stances of the party they supported for decades because said party isn't making some special exceptions for them in their Christo-Fascist drive. What made them think they weren't gonna burn at the proverbial stake like other LGBT people if the GOP succeeds? Tax cuts and deregulations are pretty worthless when you're either dead or jailed for being LGBT.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
I was responding to you expressing that you didn't care if it hastened civil war. Changing the rules with a bare majority in government while not addressing the structural issues that are the cause for that bare majority doesn't really establish the rights that you want.
I don't care because if looming civil war is the trajectory we are really on, expanding SCOTUS and twisting the knife into the filibuster just a little more aren't going to probably change that one way or another.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah.

And he has deluded himself into thinking he is ultimately making black people better! He thinks liberal white people want to push things like reparations and affirmative action and stuff to keep us weak and feeble. And only by stripping it away can we truly become successful as a group. He is like some fucked up video game villain.

Like another poster said, he is like some confused militant black dude who is seriously twisted.

bruhaha

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
How does keeping it together protect the rights of those in red states?

There aren't good options here. I think if there was a clear winner we could rally around it but we're stuck.

Red states won't be small-d democratic after 2022 when they fascists take over the offices certifying elections.

So you won't be able to campaign to protect minorities then.

The federal government has significantly more influence over states than it has over another country. Billions of dollars relied on by states are from the federal budget. Federal electoral reforms can affect outcomes. Will it be immediate? No, but things aren't destined to happen the way you predict.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Clarence Thomas has no ulterior motives or deep philosophical ruminations.

He's just a vengeful coon piece of shit. They exist.

But what's more telling is that he was ultimately elevated to this position of power by white folks.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It's definitely not fucking fair and I know that if I'm having to make these kinds of decisions so are countless of other women who may be around my age, and even women who may actually be at the prime age for pregnancy as well. So, you're good <3.

The SCOTUS has given women an ultimatum: your life or procreation. And in the instance that I can't have children safely, I'm going to 100% choose my own life. At least I can control that.....to an extent.
Literally watching what my state will do like a hawk because of this.

(Naiad is my wife)

My heart goes out to both of you while you're making these choices.
Deciding to bring a child into the family should be much more special (but still stressful, heh), but it shouldn't be this hard and difficult because of harmful nonsense laws. The last few days of people telling their personal stories and journeys in choosing parenthood, or medical professionals about what they've heard and seen have been absolutely gutting me.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo

I just want to know what makes him have a burning hatred of liberals and any form of progress with human rights. Hell, with the SCOTUS as is we cannot even say Trans Rights are Human Rights because the majority don't even care about human rights. This shit is tiring. Now people have to fight back to gain simple rights they had over 40 years ago. You can bet your ass they are working on taking away Gay Marriage as well, they don't give any fucks.

ironichaos

Oct 31, 2017

Justice Thomas: Southern Poverty Law Center's 'Hate Group' Designation of Christian Ministry Shows It's Time to 'Revisit' Times v. Sullivan

lawandcrime.com

Justice Thomas: Southern Poverty Law Center's 'Hate Group' Designation of Christian Ministry Shows It's Time to 'Revisit' Times v. Sullivan

Justice Clarence Thomas stood apart from his fellow justices, again calling for the court to reconsider longstanding precedent regarding defamation lawsuits.

Sounds like Thomas and his wife are still actively trying to overthrow the government.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
joycearthur.com

“The Only Moral Abortion is My Abortion”

When the Anti-Choice Choose By Joyce Arthur Copyright © September, 2000 Available in a French translation Available in a German translation Available in a Russian translation Abortion is a highly p…

About three months later, this born-again Christian called me to explain that he was against abortion but his daughter was only a junior in high school and was too young to have a baby and he was also afraid that if she did have a baby she would not want to put it up for adoption.
-

While going over contraceptive options, they shared that they were Pro-Life and disagreed with abortion, but that the patient could not afford to raise a child right now.

These trash cans use the same logic on welfare and social safety nets ad racism.

Fuck you KKKarens.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Are we really defending the honor of Clarence Thomas from being accurately described as a coon by other Black folks in this thread?

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
These trash cans use the same logic on welfare and social safety nets ad racism.
Conservatives don't actually have any philosophical consistency other than upholding bigotry. Any hypocrisies we point out are just ad hoc justifications for their bullshit.

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Are we really defending the honor of Clarence Thomas from being accurately described as a coon by other Black folks in this thread?
That biscuit-lipped Uncle Tom took some of my rights away out of admitted spite and that's what some folks wanna be mad at.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017

Tone policing black people is pretty much a national pass time...so not really that surprising I suppose.

Is wild to see anyone go to bat for Clarence Thomas though...

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
So what is the libertarian stance on this ruling? They're pretty big on individual liberty, right? They said anything yet? I'm curious if they keeping the same energy with this garbage ruling.

Tone policing black people is pretty much a national pass time...so not really that surprising I suppose.

Is wild to see anyone go to bat for Clarence Thomas though...

It's like on principle I typically say calling a Black man that shit ain't cool since I believe we deserve the same opportunity to be wrong like everyone else.

I only really get salty when I see white liberals saying shit like that.

But there is zero chance of that happening with this clown. Dude has gone above and beyond to earn that reputation so who am I to deny him access to his tapdancing shoes.

I'm just saying…who is he to deny human beings access to their bodies? Dude is trash. I don't hate the man, just think he's trash. And for lying. Let this be a lesson to anyone trying to say that court isn't political.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
So what is the libertarian stance on this ruling? They're pretty big on individual liberty, right? They said anything yet? I'm curious if they keeping the same energy with this garbage ruling.

It's like on principle I typically say calling a Black man that shit ain't cool since I believe we deserve the same opportunity to be wrong like everyone else.

I only really get salty when I see white liberals saying shit like that.

But there is zero chance of that happening with this clown. Dude has gone above and beyond to earn that reputation so who am I to deny him access to his tapdancing shoes.

I'm just saying…who is he to deny human beings access to their bodies? Dude is trash. I don't hate the man, just think he's trash. And for lying. Let this be a lesson to anyone trying to say that court isn't political.
I hate the mothafucka. Happy to say it. I'd spit on him if I could. Not just for what he's done but what he will eventually get to do to affirmative action.