• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Okay, so the account sucks.

What can we do to address the frustration that she is expressing?

I personally don't want to address the frustration, because frustration can often lead to poor arguments, of which that is a sterling example (not to mention, again, the historical inaccuracy).

There are a lot of people frustrated right now. A lot of people experiencing real fear for both themselves and the ones they love. A lot of people right now facing difficult choices. A lot of those people are choosing to donate. Are they wrong? Are they bad? Are they part of the problem? Should Democrats not reach out to those people?

If you don't want to donate, then simply fucking don't. Nobody's shaming anyone for not donating. So why do they reverse? Why shame Democrats for doing what they simply have to do in this capitalistic election system we prop up in this shithole country because, every single time we've had opportunity to gut money in politics, too many on the left sat on their booties looking for other reasons to not vote.

Because while there's nothing wrong with holding Dems accountable, people don't check their sources. And now, at a time when the enemy of progress and bodily autonomy couldn't be more clear, we're spending more of our time and energy shitting on Dems with Republican talking points. I swear, Republicans love this shit.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
AOC gets it. I understand the anger at Dems, even as much of it is misplaced. They need to be clearer about what is needed to win. They need to say outright exactly what voters need to do for things to change. Stop being mealy mouthed.
The answer is vote from the ground up. Run as a D in races currently uncontested, vote D in all state races, vote D in any national race. That's what republicans did. I heavily disagree with offering specific numbers because that just means they get demotivated as soon as results come through below the threshold.

Also two of the ideas proposed by AOC are literally impossible. Restraining judicial review requires constitutional amendments and a hope that that restraint doesn't have negative impacts. Clinics in federal lands would currently be banned. Codifying Roe is the only way forward.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
GOP: *Strips basic human rights.*

That account: "Fuck the Dems."
Forget the account. What the protestor said is 100% correct, and is pretty much verbatim of what some of us said here. "Please send us more money and we will get more Democrats elected who will do nothing. Don't mind the fact that we did nothing for 30 years when we had a supermajority or the ability to kill the filibuster. We also support an anti-choice candidate over pro-choice candidate because the voters in some districts are too dumb to realize the big picture." So do you really blame the protestor?

Besides, the Democratic Party was flush with cash in 2020 and spent it trying to unseat Lindsey Graham and Mitch McConnell and still lost spectacularly. They still had so much leftover cash they did not know what to do with it well into 2021.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Which falsehoods? Like the democrat establishment using that same fundraising money to get a anti-abortion democrat through a primary?
No party money is used to support candidates in Primaries.

Forget the account. What the protestor said is 100% correct, and is pretty much verbatim of what some of us said here. "Please send us more money and we will get more Democrats elected who will do nothing. Don't mind the fact that we did nothing for 30 years when we had a supermajority or the ability to kill the filibuster. We also support an anti-choice candidate over pro-choice candidate because the voters in some districts are too dumb to realize the big picture." So do you really blame the protestor?

Besides, the Democratic Party was flush with cash in 2020 and spent it trying to unseat Lindsey Graham and Mitch McConnell and still lost spectacularly. They still had so much leftover cash they did not know what to do with it well into 2021.
The Democratic Party did not divert major funds to the SC and Kentucky campaign, that was independent fundraising.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I personally don't want to address the frustration, because frustration can often lead to poor arguments, of which that is a sterling example (not to mention, again, the historical inaccuracy).

There are a lot of people frustrated right now. A lot of people experiencing real fear for both themselves and the ones they love. A lot of people right now facing difficult choices. A lot of those people are choosing to donate. Are they wrong? Are they bad? Are they part of the problem? Should Democrats not reach out to those people?

If you don't want to donate, then simply fucking don't. Nobody's shaming anyone for not donating. So why do they reverse? Why shame Democrats for doing what they simply have to do in this capitalistic election system we prop up in this shithole country because, every single time we've had opportunity to gut money in politics, too many on the left sat on their booties looking for other reasons to not vote.

Because while there's nothing wrong with holding Dems accountable, people don't check their sources. And now, at a time when the enemy of progress and bodily autonomy couldn't be more clear, we're spending more of our time and energy shitting on Dems with Republican talking points. I swear, Republicans love this shit.
Yup exactly. I'd love to be able to shit on more dems for dragging their feet on a range of topics. But the issue is more need to get into power first in general so that at that point, there is more room to credily hold them accountable without risking more opportunities for naked fascists to either maintain or get back into power.

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
That's not an answer to people who are justifiably upset with the Democrat party as well.
There are plenty of reasons to be upset with Dems.

This Twitter account posting hot takes isn't exploring those reasons in any substantative way, it's trying to keep people angry and upset 24/7 by enflaming their pre-existing fears and vulnerabilities, which does less than nothing to actually help any of the people they claim to care about. Being angry, upset, and hopeless 24/7 isn't a mindset that really lends itself to the boring, important, long-term work of helping people and the community in a constructive way. It's all just there for reactions and likes and performative points and all the other bullshit social media incentivizes.

We should stop listening to and stop rebroadcasting people who want to keep us angry upset and hopeless 24/7. It helps nothing and no one.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Yup exactly. I'd love to be able to shit on more dems for dragging their feet on a range of topics. But the issue is more need to get into power first in general so that at that point, there is more room to credily hold them accountable without risking more opportunities for naked fascists to either maintain or get back into power.
If the Senate gets 2 more Dem senators, can you guarantee us Roe will be codified?

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
The Democratic Party did not divert major funds to the SC and Kentucky campaign, that was independent fundraising.

Exactly.

As somebody who was more invested than I should have been at the time, I too was pissed that so much money was flooding the SC and Kentucky races (as opposed to smaller, urban adjacent races, which is always my bag). But that was the fault of hype, the Democratic Party. People saw an opportunity to take down Lindsey Graham and Mitch (why they saw that??? I don't know...), and got loose with their wallets.

If anyone can or should be blamed for shit like that, it's the media who has an outsized influence in taking "dramatic" local races and blowing them up into national stories.

RussTC3

Banned
Nov 28, 2018
One of the reasons the Supreme Court exists is to protect ALL citizens of the United States against laws that infringe upon our civil rights and liberties.

We can't depend on politicians to protect us. If only for the fact that things change dramatically very quickly. What the public thinks is never always the correct belief. It's the responsibility of government to protect its citizens from popular and unpopular decisions and beliefs.

That's why this decision is so absolutely shameful. There are so many areas in this country that people's rights are not protected by their local governments. The Supreme Court has failed them. This decision has far-reaching consequences.

This will not sit well with the public. It's all out in the open now.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
No party money is used to support candidates in Primaries.

Exactly.

As somebody who was more invested than I should have been at the time, I too was pissed that so much money was flooding the SC and Kentucky races (as opposed to smaller, urban adjacent races, which is always my bag). But that was the fault of hype, the Democratic Party. People saw an opportunity to take down Lindsey Graham and Mitch (why they saw that??? I don't know...), and got loose with their wallets.

If anyone can or should be blamed for shit like that, it's the media who has an outsized influence in taking "dramatic" local races and blowing them up into national stories.
My point in Lindsey and Mitch races is that overall, there are diminishing returns to donations. It looks like we give Democrats money and they squander it. So people (like the protestor in the video) are not feeling compelled to donate to the Democrats (whether it's independent fundraising, ActBlue or the campaigns themselves) because Dems do not have something to show for it. The voters already elected them to enshrine it, but they never did.

Tweets like this are being spread and mocked in various younger, left-leaning circles.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
People rightfully rip Trump, but within minutes of this happening, I had three emails and two texts asking for donations.

Shit rings hollow.

Damisa

Oct 25, 2017
My point in Lindsey and Mitch races is that overall, there are diminishing returns to donations. It looks like we give Democrats money and they squander it. So people (like the protestor in the video) are not feeling compelled to donate to the Democrats (whether it's independent fundraising, ActBlue or the campaigns themselves) because Dems do not have something to show for it. The voters already elected them to enshrine it, but they never did.

Abortion is legal in over a dozen states ENTIRELY because Democrats are in control there.
Want it done federally? You need more Democrats, 2 more? 4 more? 10 more? There is a number somewhere where it will happen.

Think it's too hard or too much work? Then leave it to the rest of us because you are doing nothing to help.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW

Tweets like this are being spread and mocked in various younger, left-leaning circles.

Then some younger, left-leaning circles are composed of terribly naive folks. Of course fundraising has to happen. And events like these are catalysts. You can criticize inaction or not doing exactly what you'd like, but fundraising is necessary. The other side certainly has no qualms about doing it.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
People rightfully rip Trump, but within minutes of this happening, I had three emails and two texts asking for donations.

Shit rings hollow.
I hear you, but what is the alternative? Not asking for donations? Not trying to rouse support to challenge the decision? Silence?

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Abortion is legal in over a dozen states ENTIRELY because Democrats are in control there.
Want it done federally? You need more Democrats, 2 more? 4 more? 10 more? There is a number somewhere where it will happen.

Think it's too hard or too much work? Then leave it to the rest of us because you are doing nothing to help.
You make an excellent point about voting in local races, because it looks like voting for Democrats at the federal level is useless. The Democratic Legislatures and Governors is because of activism, unionizing and grassroot efforts by local leaders as well without who, the voters would not be mobilized.

Deleted member 43

Banned
Oct 24, 2017

Wrong people are wrong. The Democrats running in KY and SC have every right to do so and ask for donations to take their best shot. I would never have suggested anyone donate to those campaign over other funds that could make better use of that money, but that is, as always, the choice of the individual making the donation.

It took Republicans 50 years to get this far in rolling back abortion rights. 50 years of donating and campaigning and voting red no matter what. That is the kind of dedication and stubborn commitment this fight takes.

You make an excellent point about voting in local races, because it looks like voting for Democrats at the federal level is useless.
This is dumb. For the women whose lives have been saved over the past 50 years, the efforts have not been useless.

Damisa

Oct 25, 2017
You make an excellent point about voting in local races, because it looks like voting for Democrats at the federal level is useless. The Democratic Legislatures and Governors is because of activism, unionizing and grassroot efforts by local leaders as well without who, the voters would not be mobilized.

I voted for Hillary in 2016, she didn't win. Does that mean voting for Presidents is worthless?

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017

Shit rings hollow.
I guess keep letting the GOP chip away at stuff then?

Remember, this was a 50 year campaign. Liberals get demoralized by midterms.

Do you think that 50 year campaign was funded with air? There was money involved.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I voted for Hillary in 2016, she didn't win. Does that mean voting for Presidents is worthless?
So did I. We elected Biden as well, who won't do the bare minimum either. People can vote for whoever they want, but like your post highlighted, it's far better to mobilize and engage in local races while keeping zero expectations at the federal level.
This is dumb. For the women whose lives have been saved over the past 50 years, the efforts have not been useless.
What do you mean? Roe was a Supreme Court decision, which you know.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Would love to see a president who would actually fight hard for abortion rights. Why not make every military base provide abortions? Or a federal campaign promoting access to abortion pills? Some of it might be struck down, but it's worth trying.
And there's also the option of just ignoring judicial review..

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like a more normie, angrier take than this.

The DCCC always puts more effort into hyperbolic scare emails where they replace every 0 with the letter O to add impact. The rage here is understandable.

And key to note here, they can do this. The Georgia senate race was them drumming the whole party and their supporters to one key thing, to one area, to a key race they let the country know was key, and even named what it would result in, such as the additional payments to citizens. They very rarely make this narration and instead keep it vague to "stop the Republicans." Most people in this country don't even have a proper context to what communism is other than "Thing I Don't Like" so actually mapping shit out, in specific, is important. How many people do you guys personally know who think all of the honest policy plans of the GOP are seen to these people as "no way, that's too cruel, they would never!" A largely uninformed public needs to be given information to work with, and most of the fundraising efforts from this party have been the same level of vague fearmongering without specificity we all mock the Trump campaign for grifting people for.

A majority of Americans would not understand the sentence "the GOP is now a fascist movement." Telling them to just "stand up against fascism" isn't a solid strategy. Right now, the people who have been drumming the flags the hardest are the communities knowing they're being targeted. I don't recall many DCCC ads asking for $X,OOO to protect trans people. We have to be specific about the threat, specific about the solutions, and have a PowerPoint-like presentation on the ready on just what fuckin' numbers we need in congress, where they're needed, what having them will accomplish, and what not having them will prevent us from doing. Part of the reason people quote-tweet Biden with remarks like "you're the President, DO SOMETHING" is because most people don't realize he's powerless because of two people in the Senate who pause any movement. This is the failure of not being clear and specific.
I absolutely agree the Dems need to be aggressive. Asking for donations is useless when the optics are you're just gonna sit around waiting for 60 votes in the Senate.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Wrong people are wrong. The Democrats running in KY and SC have every right to do so and ask for donations to take their best shot. I would never have suggested anyone donate to those campaign over other funds that could make better use of that money, but that is, as always, the choice of the individual making the donation.

It took Republicans 50 years to get this far in rolling back abortion rights. 50 years of donating and campaigning and voting red no matter what. That is the kind of dedication and stubborn commitment this fight takes.
But you see the point right. Democrats have also controlled majorities since the passage of Roe but never got around to codifying it. Sure, most of the time the presidency was controlled by a republican. But Bill Clinton and Obama have no excuse as they had majorities.

Vish

Oct 28, 2017
I absolutely agree the Dems need to be aggressive. Asking for donations is useless when the optics are you're just gonna sit around waiting for 60 votes in the Senate.

Indeed. We need pointed goals on top of continuing to inspire/enable more votes. Go vote is true, but at this point it's lazy to just say it.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
After her unwillingness to try and keep lawmakers from investing in companies they regulate the chance of a leftist trusting Pelosi to do shit with that money is basically zero.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Would love to see a president who would actually fight hard for abortion rights. Why not make every military base provide abortions? Or a federal campaign promoting access to abortion pills? Some of it might be struck down, but it's worth trying.
And there's also the option of just ignoring judicial review..
Hyde Amendment, the federal government can't spend a single dollar on non-emergency abortions until the filibuster is gone and senators agree to not include it in all future legislation.

Damisa

Oct 25, 2017
So did I. We elected Biden as well, who won't do the bare minimum either. People can vote for whoever they want, but like your post highlighted, it's far better to mobilize and engage in local races while keeping zero expectations at the federal level.

What do you mean? Roe was a Supreme Court decision, which you know.

You are advocating for people not to even bother to vote federally? Or just that "it doesn't matter either way".
Because either interpretation means you are trying to depress other's voting. You are actively working in this thread to help Republicans win more. Hope you are happy with yourself.

Deleted member 43

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
But you see the point right. Democrats have also controlled majorities since the passage of Roe but never got around to codifying it. Sure, most of the time the presidency was controlled by a republican. But Bill Clinton and Obama have no excuse as they had majorities.
This is false history. There were never enough pro-choice Democrats in those eras to do that, let alone make the required changes to Congressional procedure that would have been required to do so.

But we are getting there. Like I have pointed out before, a decade ago there were 64 anti-choice Democrats in the House. Now there is one.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
I hear you, but what is the alternative? Not asking for donations? Not trying to rouse support to challenge the decision? Silence?
Like AOC said, present your fucking plan first, then ask for money.
What's the Democratic party's plan? Just vote for us? What happens when people do and they win and still don't do anything? It's the same shit over and over, we could have 66 Senate seats and it's still not enough, because we need 67.

I know no one's gonna like me bringing this up, but people are tired of "vote for us," "Together we stop the GOP!! Send us 5 bucks now" BECAUSE people did and it wasn't enough.
Biden stood next to Ossoff and Warnock, "send them to the Senate so I can give y'all $2000 checks." People did. In FUCKING GEORGIA.
Then the checks were cut down to $1400.

If all these old shits at SCOTUS choke on fancy dinners tonight, what's your bet that tomorrow the parties get together and agree they'll appoint 4 progressives and 5 conservatives?

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017

It's "bitch eating crackers" content about someone we're conditioned to hate by the hyperbolic hot takes that pass for political discourse on Twitter. Stoking self-righteous anger gets a lot of likes and reacts and shares on social media but beyond a certain point does nothing to help anyone or advance any actual action. It's pointless, self-congratulatory scab picking.

The sort of nuance, understanding, and emotional balance that is required to engage with our communities and world over the long term to help people doesn't fit into 280 characters or whatever. Maybe that's why dumbass hot take machines Gravel Institute couldn't cope with the many gray areas of the invasion of Ukraine.

Let's stop giving oxygen to people who share content just to agitate or mislead, even if it plays to our viewpoints. It helps noone and nothing.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
There is this false notion that all Democrats 10, 20, even 30 years were as pro-choice as the party is today. That could not be futher from the truth. In fact, the GOP had much more pro-choice members than they do today. This black/white narrative that since the Dem party had control, they could have done anything they wanted in relation to reproductive rights is not true.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
You are advocating for people not to even bother to vote federally? Or just that "it doesn't matter either way".
Because either interpretation means you are trying to depress other's voting. You are actively working in this thread to help Republicans win more. Hope you are happy with yourself.
I literally said people can vote for whoever they want. Trying to hold the party accountable does not mean I'm working to help Republicans.

Deleted member 43

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Like AOC said, present your fucking plan first, then ask for money.
What's the Democratic party's plan? Just vote for us? What happens when people do and they win and still don't do anything? It's the same shit over and over, we could have 66 Senate seats and it's still not enough, because we need 67.

I know no one's gonna like me bringing this up, but people are tired of "vote for us," "Together we stop the GOP!! Send us 5 bucks now" BECAUSE people did and it wasn't enough.
Biden stood next to Ossoff and Warnock, "send them to the Senate so I can give y'all $2000 checks." People did. In FUCKING GEORGIA.
Then the checks were cut down to $1400.

If all these old shits at SCOTUS choke on fancy dinners tonight, what's your bet that tomorrow the parties get together and agree they'll appoint 4 progressives and 5 conservatives?
I mean, your arguments are hyperbolic and clearly based in nothing, so how can anyone respond to this? With 67 Democratic Senators we wouldn't accomplish anything? Obviously that's wrong. A Democratic President and Senate would appoint a majority conservative SC if given the choice? Yeah, that's a dumb thing to say.

You aren't doing your arguments any favors by being blatantly ridiculous.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
This is false history. There were never enough pro-choice Democrats in those eras to do that, let alone make the required changes to Congressional procedure that would have been required to do so.

But we are getting there. Like I have pointed out before, a decade ago there were 64 anti-choice Democrats in the House. Now there is one.
Then the Democrats should change their strategy and communication to what they can realistically do instead of blank fundraising off the overturning of Roe. Treating this important issue as just another mass email without any strategy shows how they treat this like a game of football. Can they make a commitment of breaking the filibuster for Roe, if they had 2 or 3 more senaotrs?

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey

Lol the Gravel Institute

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Lol the Gravel Institute
The point is, you are living in a bubble if you do not see how people are seeing this. All the stories about Democrats is that they are flush with cash after Roe overturn. Just google the headlines.

image.png

You could argue that of course, the voters are incredibly pissed and sending donations to secure midterm victory. A more cynical view is that this was a good fundraising story for Democrats.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
I never get the fundraising criticism. It costs money to run campaigns, to win elections, to get shit done. These "younger left leaning " people need to wake up and take a refresher on how our government works. Maybe pay attention. Beyond the structural malady with our system of government, we also know why a lot of shit hasn't gotten done. Hell Biden himself said I only need 2 more Senators. Imagine if we didn't even win GA where we would be.

Scared money don't make money. In this case scared money won't win you shit.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
The point is, you are living in a bubble if you do not see how people are seeing this. All the stories about Democrats is that they are flush with cash after Roe overturn. Just google the headlines.

image.png

You could argue that of course, the voters are incredibly pissed and sending donations to secure midterm victory. A more cynical view is that this was a good fundraising story for Democrats.
I do agree that the fundraising emails can make a lot of people cynical and makes them think that Democrats merely care about getting re-elected into office (I doubt they will maintain the House). However, campaign emails are simply doing their job. They always use the recent current events as a ploy to get people to donate and every single political campaign does this, even Bernie and AOC's newsletters. That's just the nature of campaign fundraising.

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
GOP: *Strips basic human rights.*

That account: "Fuck the Dems."
It really isn't an either/or situation. People should be able to fucking call out their party for not doing shit - it doesn't mean people are going to sit out of the election or suddenly vote red or third party.

The GOP are insane, but they absolutely know how to drum up support and get their constituents in line to vote for what they want accomplished. They will use whatever dirty tactic they can to get their policies pushed through. Dems just sit there twiddling their thumbs, stating how *concerned* they are with no action to show for it. It's not hard to see how people are becoming so hopeless.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah ok good for Lindsey Graham on sharing his 10 cents. But honestly, RBG should've stepped down in 2014 well before the midterms. She, like so many other democrats — from the highest levels to the average voter — significantly underestimated how extreme the GOP was willing to become in order to get the things they want.

Deleted member 43

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah ok good for Lindsey Graham on sharing his 10 cents. But honestly, RBG should've stepped down in 2016. She, like so many other democrats — from the highest levels to the average voter — significantly underestimated how extreme the GOP was willing to become in order to get the things they want.
She should have stepped down in 2016? When Republicans were already stealing another Supreme Court seat?

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017

image.png

Sure. Trust me, I'm cynical about fundraising. I've learned to use a burner email account and phone number whenever I give money so I'm not bombarded with that bullshit. But there's nothing different (that I can see) about these fundraising emails versus those that have been sent out after every event, good or bad, in the past 6 years (which is as long as I've been paying attention to it). I fucking hate that shit, but apparently it works.

I can't have any impact on what dumbass things people think or post in spaces I don't participate in (like Twitter), but here on ResetERA let's not push misleading shit. Clearly electing Dems has made quite a difference in the states that still have access today. I can't provide an exact number (and I think the national party should get off their ass and provide clear messaging about it) but obviously if enough Dems were elected to the Senate it'd happen there too. My personal guess would be ~54 Dems, but that's just tales from my ass.

Red

Oct 26, 2017

image.png

Both are true. This is a fundraising opportunity and a way to signal support for such an outrageous decision. There is an active thread here laying out a reasonable plan out defeating republicans in the short term, and replacing center leaning democrats in the long term. That plan helps a lot more people in a more immediate way than throwing our hands in the air, declaring both sides guilty, and giving up, holding out for the day the landscape of politics is changed by everyone else doing the work we couldn't be assed to do.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
With 67 Democratic Senators we wouldn't accomplish anything? Obviously that's wrong.
I said 66. 67 is what we'd need then.
Y'all literally just spent several pages arguing about how historical instances where the Democrats had majorities in the Senate don't mean anything because those were more conservative Dems. Y'all excuse the party leadership's endorsement of conservative Democrats TODAY even where there's an alternative.

You really wanna convince me that if we had a majority RIGHT NOW in the Senate, we wouldn't still be short? Because the exact number pushing us over the threshold will ALWAYS be against that legislation, against nuking the filibuster, against whatever convenient excuse so nothing is accomplished.

A Democratic President and Senate would appoint a majority conservative SC if given the choice? Yeah, that's a dumb thing to say.
"A dumb thing to say" lmao.
A Democratic President and Senate has already failed to pass bare minimum legislation with things like meaningful pandemic relief and student debt forgiveness.
Yeah, I'm hyperbolic and ridiculous... like we didn't live through the last 15 years. Like we don't have a party leadership still yearning for compromise, bipartisanship, and a strong Republican party after literally living through an attempted coup.

Give me a fucking break.