• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Perjury.

But nothing will happen because there are no consequences for the Right. The January 6th hearings are proof enough of that.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Here are the only real states in America

California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Hawaii
Illinois
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Minnesota
Nevada
New Jersey
New York
Oregon
Rhode Island
Vermont

For those not in these states, seek help. When SCOTUS overturns gay and interracial marriage within the next decade these states will probably be the last pieces of a free America.

I think a two consecutive term Republican will make me week emigration.
These states to cut funding red states when?

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019

California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Hawaii
Illinois
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Minnesota
Nevada
New Jersey
New York
Oregon
Rhode Island
Vermont

For those not in these states, seek help. When SCOTUS overturns gay and interracial marriage within the next decade these states will probably be the last pieces of a free America.

I think a two consecutive term Republican will make me seek emigration.
Provided those states don't turn red. Whole country is in for a fucked up ride for the next few decades.

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State

California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Hawaii
Illinois
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Minnesota
Nevada
New Jersey
New York
Oregon
Rhode Island
Vermont

WA state should be on there. We actually legalized abortion a year before Roe and inslee has added additional protections in the last 6 years. Our east side is nutso though.

ZW33

Oct 25, 2017

California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Hawaii
Illinois
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Minnesota
Nevada
New Jersey
New York
Oregon
Rhode Island
Vermont

Why is Washington not on this list?

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
Perjury.

But nothing will happen because there are no consequences for the Right. The January 6th hearings are proof enough of that.

That's not perjury as much as I really dislike them right now.

They never said that precedent can't be overturned. The Barrett quote is also talking about "super precedents" which she explicitly said Roe wasn't.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Hawaii
Illinois
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Minnesota
Nevada
New Jersey
New York
Oregon
Rhode Island
Vermont

What did Washington do?

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Perjury.

But when a guy says he thinking about killing one of the judges because of stuff like this, amazing how congress can pass laws in a quickness. This country running on hatred is fast-forwarding to a Mad Max future, especially when climate change puts the final whammy on us.

May 26, 2018
But when a guy says he thinking about killing one of the judges because of stuff like this, amazing how congress can pass laws in a quickness. This country running on hatred is fast-forwarding to a Mad Max future, especially when climate change puts the final whammy on us.

Immortan Joe is a power fantasy for many, so off we go.

bruhaha

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
I had no idea Kansas had a Dem Gov, was the GoP candidate a total fuck-up?

The previous GOP governor cut taxes too much and majorly fucked up their state budget.

TWP talks about a referendum that eill be held in Kansas regarding the issue i August though, would the governor veto that as well?

Not familiar with Kansas law but in general referendums are not veto-able so I guess that is a way around the governor.

Finally, if the issue is 50-50 in red states is there a chance that some would pass laws to un-ban abortion rights? I guess that not much of one. Maybe in Georgia?

Texas is 45-50 anti-abortion and they haven't had any sign of repealing their restrictive law even after huge national attention on it so I wouldn't be hopeful. The SCOTUS Dobbs decision kind of makes legal challenges to the Texas law moot.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
So many people were flippant at the idea that the GOP would actually do this.

America needs to wake up and realize they'll drag us back to the dark ages if they can. They're getting pretty good at it.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
That's not perjury as much as I really dislike them right now.

They never said that precedent can't be overturned. The Barrett quote is also talking about "super precedents" which she explicitly said Roe wasn't.
No. The implication was clear. They lied to the faces of Congress and the world in order to get the votes needed to get in position to follow their own personal beliefs.

They deserve to be in prison.

Gabaghoul582

Banned
Nov 2, 2021
Why is Washington not on this list?
What did Washington do?

Washington

Under the Code of Washington, individuals are not allowed to interfere with a pregnant person's right have an abortion.

My apologies. The site I was looking at had a simple one sentence for abortion rights being legal so I just searched the page with the exact wording to find all the states.

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
Now the folks in Washington will be patting themselves on the back for passing the most toothless gun legislation that they could've possibly passed. We can't control guns but women's bodies are a different story I guess.

See this is a good one. We cannot control guns but we can control women's bodies. Democrats should weaponize this statement against their GOP rivals for the midterm November elections.

The way i see it, Roe vs Wade stood for the longest time because most Republicans understood that they are risking 50% of their voting base turning against them if they tried to repeal it. But these dumb-ass Trump Republicans and the religious nuts that they pander to seem to have forgotten about or under-estimated these risks and pushed for the SC repeal. Some of these scumbags might retort that there is some masterplan behind this or some 4D chess moves being involved but seriously, fucking around with women's health rights is a completely unnecessary and dangerous move for the GOP to take this close to the midterms.

Its OK to freak out and despair for today but hopefully anger replaces those feelings tomorrow. Hold on to that anger and channel it into something meaningful like peaceful protests, community service and of course, voting.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
Because they said that to give comfort to dumbasses like Susan Collins that they wouldn't overturn Roe v. Wade.

"Would you overturn Roe?" "It's settled law"

Yeah, they didn't technically lie, but it's clear why they called it settled law.

Barrett didn't do that. The others say it was precedent which it was. I could see it with the others if folks want to say that acknowledging something is precedent is lying when overturning it but not with Barrett.

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not yelling at the apathetic or disinterested,but I am telling people they should stop amplifying things that make people apathetic or disinterested, or angry at wrong target.

Everyone who reposted or replied in concert with that Pelosi video for instance. If you care about women's rights, self examine why that of all things hooked you, and maybe distrust any sources *trying* to hook you. Make no mistake, there are active forces TODAY looking to divert or mute a lot of righteous anger. Cut those forces out of your feed.
100% this.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It may not be legal perjury but they did lie to get confirmed.
Ultimately none of those statements are actually out of step with the decision. Their statements indicate that it's an important precedent but not one that is out of reach or unchangeable. These people may be evil but they are are not stupid and chose their words intentionally and carefully so that they could be interpreted in whatever way the listener wanted to.

Anarion07

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Because they said that to give comfort to dumbasses like Susan Collins that they wouldn't overturn Roe v. Wade.

"Would you overturn Roe?" "It's settled law"

Yeah, they didn't technically lie, but it's clear why they called it settled law.
yeah they could have asked better questions to get definitive answers. like technically speaking

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I'm not yelling at the apathetic or disinterested,but I am telling people they should stop amplifying things that make people apathetic or disinterested, or angry at wrong target.

Everyone who reposted or replied in concert with that Pelosi video for instance. If you care about women's rights, self examine why that of all things hooked you, and maybe distrust any sources *trying* to hook you. Make no mistake, there are active forces TODAY looking to divert or mute a lot of righteous anger. Cut those forces out of your feed.

Still spittin.

Anarion07

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Ultimately none of those statements are actually out of step with the decision. Their statements indicate that it's an important precedent but not one that is out of reach or unchangeable. These people may be evil but they are are not stupid and chose their words intentionally and carefully so that they could be interpreted in whatever way the listener wanted to.
exactly

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017

"Are you gonna punch me?"
"Not punching is an important precendent"

If I later punch you, do you think I changed my mind or that I was obfuscating the first time around?

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck everyone who voted for Trump in 2016.

Just so fucking depressed now. Contraception, gay rights and marriage are definitely next. What the hell can be done???

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

America needs to wake up and realize they'll drag us back to the dark ages if they can. They're getting pretty good at it.
Yep. People so quickly get amnesia. It was like less than a year ago if you said Roe was going, people would tell you to calm down and that Republicans arent stupid, it is not popular, blah blah blah.

Here we are. Just like we will be here again when gay marriage is struck down.

The game has changed people. Republicans want MAGA land.

I do feel like maybe many are starting to come around now and get it now that the Republican agenda is going into effect

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Well put.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
On top of this being super shitty to women (or any individual who is able to become pregnant), I gotta say this is absolutely terrible for kids who will end up in orphanages for the next however many decades. There's gonna be a lot of kids who grow up without a loving, supportive family by their side all because conservatives need to push their beliefs onto others, instead of being able to accept that they live in a democracy with many other beliefs.

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
I'm willing to admit I was part of that group. I didn't think there was even the slightest chance it would get overturned, that it was just over-the-top fear-mongering that had no chance of happening.

Well, here we are…

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
Country is spiraling. Too bad there's no accountability

That's the funniest part. I'm numb to this shit at this point. I saw a story about how Andrew Gillum just turned himself in on fraud charges and, I know there is a myriad of differences and nuances, but for fucks sake the optics just go to what this country has taught me and shown me all my life again and again. Goddamn Justices lying under oath in confirmation hearings, no big deal. A mountain of evidence showing Trump conspired to overturn the election and let a mob loose on the Capital, meh. But yo! We got Gilllum!

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

Amen. Its time to get organized and interested not letting forces demotivate you. IT NOT THE TIME for cyncism and complacency.