• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Wouldn't the GOP be giving up their one platform if they actually abolished abortion? I feel like keeping it in contention perpetually is them keeping gas in the tank.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Wouldn't the GOP be giving up their one platform if they actually abolished abortion? I feel like keeping it in contention perpetually is them keeping gas in the tank.

Thats meat for the religious right. Shit like gerrymandering, voting rights and human rights issues are going to be under attack too. The GOP has a wide buffet of heinous shit in their platform.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It shows the nightmare future. Even if Roberts were to become extremely liberal voting wise it would no longer matter. The Conservative wing would win out pretty much 100% of the time.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
Really? Well the GOP seems to be worried. They already started making ridiculous constitutional amendment ploys.
I figure that's just political red meat for their base.

I don't see why the GOP would even fear court packing, they are in a better position than Democrats to control the Senate most of the time. All it does is delay their evilness a few years until they take the Senate back, which they will.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Example why the courts will need to be expanded. 4-4 is BAD for this type of ruling. That other judge will make these decisions easily side with conservative far right legislation and create more disenfranchisement in the country.

Small victory while it lasts. I still don't have high hopes Biden and Dems will stack the courts but I do hope they do. This whole "play by the rules" has been destroying Democracy its insane. We can't let it keep happening. Democrats need to play dirty to get wins and pass progressive legislation. I dont care if they use loop holes. Find them and use them like Republicans.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
The GOP will always "act" like the Dems would break the rules but they know that they won't.
No, I think it´s more the Dems don´t do every single thing their base wants at all times, so the base claims Dems won´t do anything when something controversial comes up. That doesn´t mean court packing is off the table though.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just hope Biden can win 270 EVs on ED without waiting on PA and WI to count mail-in votes.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hot take: Voting should be ridiculously easy and we should do whatever we can to make sure everyone who wants to vote, can vote.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
This doesn't make sense.

The best way to help Trump is to eliminate anything close to a Biden victory, narrow or otherwise. Preventing Pennsylvania from counting votes after Election Day would have helped to that end.

This hurts Trump. Not much, but anything is better than nothing.
This seems to be the possibility. GOP can re-challenge once Barrett is confirmed, and she will almost certainly vote for the most chaotic action. Just something to watch out for.

OP
OP
Michael F. Assbender
Oct 26, 2017
This seems to be the possibility. GOP can re-challenge once Barrett is confirmed, and she will almost certainly vote for the most chaotic action. Just something to watch out for.

Ahhh, I see the point they're making.

Well, hopefully this doesn't come to pass. Anymore, I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if it did. Or if the new Supreme Court somehow just decides that voting is unconstitutional and declares Trump dictator for life.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
"Can we pleeeeeeeeease have Pennsylvania?"
"No."
"Come oooooonnnnnnnn..."
"No."
"I hate this family!"

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Ahhh, I see the point they're making.

Well, hopefully this doesn't come to pass. Anymore, I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if it did. Or if the new Supreme Court somehow just decides that voting is unconstitutional and declares Trump dictator for life.
If they're smart they wouldn't do anything too blatant that soon because that would be all the fuel Democrats would need to pack the courts. And PA is looking like a lock even without the extension.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why the fuck would you even hear the fucking case again after you ruled. Everyone has already been told they have 3 extra days. Gonna pull that shit and confuse everyone.