• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
User banned (1 month): trolling, a history of trolling on sensitive topics
I bet he won't end it

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I imagine only because they don't want Biden to enact a policy that a future President can't end because of this ruling.

SuperHans

Oct 27, 2017
With all the terrible right wing verdicts out of this court I can't help but think they are only allowing this as they think it will damage the democrats as remain in Mexico was popular among a huge amount of the country (the anti immigration people anyway.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
These takes are outta control lol. Biden wants to end it lol.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
With all the terrible right wing verdicts out of this court I can't help but think they are only allowing this as they think it will damage the democrats as remain in Mexico was popular among a huge amount of the country (the anti immigration people anyway.
It's because they don't want to limit the power of the executive in this way because Republicans legislate by Executive Order.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
We were 1 SC vote away from the court seizing foreign policy powers, a power that is explicitly outlined in the Constitution as something the president has control over

These justices are bonkers

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
You are an absolute fuckwit. There's a lot of bad knee-jerk takes on this site whenever Biden's name gets mentioned, but this is somehow the worst.

You can't be stupid enough to actually take the bet, but boy howdy I will take the other side. How much?
It's gotten really bad on here. I get that Biden isn't perfect by any means, but holy shit people take a breather and think before immediately jumping down his throat.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I bet he won't end it

Given that the Biden Administration ended the policy in 2021 and then was sued by Republican led states trying to preserve it, which is why we've had this SCOTUS case... I'll take that bet.

President Biden attempted to formally end the MPP last year but was sued by Republican-led states Texas and Missouri, which alleged the Immigration and Naturalization Act required the administration to continue the program. A federal court ordered the policy to continue as legal challenges played out.

Willing to put your money where your mouth is?

Now I'm interested in "bro that person is just frustrated they have every right to be don't tone police me," etc.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
We were 1 SC vote away from the court seizing foreign policy powers, a power that is explicitly outlined in the Constitution as something the president has control over

These justices are bonkers

Yeah, it's fucking wild that this was just 6-3. That 3 justices, Alito, Thomas, and Barrett, do not believe that the current President can set foreign policy ...... a power that explicitly resides with the executive branch ...

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
You are an absolute fuckwit. There's a lot of bad knee-jerk takes on this site whenever Biden's name gets mentioned, but this is somehow the worst.

You can't be stupid enough to actually take the bet, but boy howdy I will take the other side. How much?
Not that your response wasn't hilarious or warranted, but that's a little strong lol

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
He absolutely will try to end it, but the decision actually throws it back to the lower court again which is a Trump stooge judge, so it's actually still up in the air, but it absolutely is Biden's intention to end it.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
people just say whatever they want around here without knowing shit, don't they

he already tried to fucking end it that's why we have this SCOTUS case in the first place

hearing biden's name makes some of you fucking crazy
I'm starting to believe that to many people here Biden's name is more repulsive than the insurrectionist Orange Turd.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, it's fucking wild that this was just 6-3. That 3 justices, Alito, Thomas, and Barrett, do not believe that the current President can set foreign policy ...... a power that explicitly resides with the executive branch ...
I don't know how these idiot become judges. Alito has been a disaster for a long time.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I don't think it is. Shitposting like that is becoming so much more common any time Biden comes up in conversation. It's fucking stupid.
Not disagreeing but we don't have to delve into personal attacks. I agree that this site has so much cynical and nihilistic posts that it's easy to assume that's where some posters are coming from but maybe they didn't know how the process works. I dunno I just can't attack someone like that on their first post, if they double down on their nonsense then they get what they deserve.

Sorry to derail...

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
people just say whatever they want around here without knowing shit, don't they

he already tried to fucking end it that's why we have this SCOTUS case in the first place

hearing biden's name makes some of you fucking crazy
Yeah, the Roe ruling thread made that much clear. Lots of people sharing straight up misinfo just to confirm their biases and then there was even an argument of "well even if it's not literally true it FEELS true"

Social media is rotting everyone's brains and the fact that even people on the left prefer to feel righteously angry rather than have accurate information makes me seriously concerned for our future.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Yeah, the Roe ruling thread made that much clear. Lots of people sharing straight up misinfo just to confirm their biases and then there was even an argument of "well even if it's not literally true it FEELS true"

Social media is rotting everyone's brains and the fact that even people on the left prefer to feel righteously angry rather than have accurate information makes me seriously concerned for our future.

Social media + a complete lack of any civics education in this country. It's a deadly combo.

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
Not disagreeing but we don't have to delve into personal attacks. I agree that this site has so much cynical and nihilistic posts that it's easy to assume that's where some posters are coming from but maybe they didn't know how the process works. I dunno I just can't attack someone like that on their first post, if they double down on their nonsense then they get what they deserve.

Sorry to derail...

Nah. They knew what they were doing. They ain't slick.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Every day I understand more and more why lawyers get paid, critical thinking may as well be the jade monkey to the average shit poster who honestly just gives fleeting hot takes without knowing they're forming or strengthening bogus narratives

Good decision and hoping something good comes of it in near future, close races notwithstanding.

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
that first post lmfao

some of y'all just get on here and say real stupid shit like it's nothing lol why the fuck would it be taken to the SC if he didn't want to end it you fucking clowns

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
He absolutely will try to end it, but the decision actually throws it back to the lower court again which is a Trump stooge judge, so it's actually still up in the air, but it absolutely is Biden's intention to end it.
I'm not seeing any reports saying it is being thrown back to lower courts.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017

Social media is absolutely magnifying misinformation in an unprecedented and dangerous way, but a lot of people have always been self serving and righteous in their own confirmation bias.

While I truly understand the pessimism, take heart that there are known ways to combat these things, and that the way forward is through cooperation.

I'm not seeing any reports saying it is being thrown back to lower courts.

it's not, SC definitively overruled the lower court decision.

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
Social media is absolutely magnifying misinformation in an unprecedented and dangerous way, but a lot of people have always been self serving and righteous in their own confirmation bias.

While I truly understand the pessimism, take heart that there are known ways to combat these things, and that the way forward is through cooperation.
I'm disheartened because I've noticed more and more of it bleeding into ERA, honestly. People taking Twitter hottakes at complete face value and letting it shape their politics. I don't really know where to find non-misinfo discussion on the internet any more.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
I think the bad first post came from the fact that the Biden admin didn't want to end it until this April and fought the ACLU in court to keep it up until that point. Edit: nvm that was Title 42, I wasn't sure if they were the same thing since they both started in the same month. This stuff is not easy to keep track of!

I'm glad it's finally ending though and I hope all the Republican states try to sue to keep it in place lose horribly.

Last edited:

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm disheartened because I've noticed more and more of it bleeding into ERA, honestly. People taking Twitter hottakes at complete face value and letting it shape their politics. I don't really know where to find non-misinfo discussion on the internet any more.

misinformation and feelings > facts will exist everywhere, they're natural consequences of collective human ego. Political theater thrives on individual biases, it's like oxygen for a flame

The key is to remain vigilant, steady, and try as best you might to not get swept up in the opinionated furor

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
I bet he won't end it
consciousness-709143.jpg

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
The troll's been banned, let's get back on topic.

StreetsAhead

Sep 16, 2020
Kind of shocked the Court sided with Biden on this and that one of Trump's appointees joined the liberal judges.