• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
It's an unconventional approach to indie development, but then his latest project, Supraland, is an unconventional game—part puzzler, part point-and-click, part first-person shooter, all set in a Metroidvania version of a child's sandbox. Münnich says he had zero expectations before last month's release because "nobody cared about it" during Early Access. "I would've been happy if I got 2,000 people to buy it," he says. Now, it's approaching 50,000 sales, and 96% of its 1,100 Steam reviews are positive.

Like most game designers, Münnich isn't fully satisfied with what he's made, despite the early success. There are "tons of things" he wishes he'd done differently, from the angle of your jump—it doesn't get you high enough—to parts of the world being too linear. He's not planning expansions or major updates, and says most patches will just be bug fixes, but the lessons he's learned will go into Supraland 2, which he's already planning.

The sequel will be an extension of the original, and you'll control a tiny character inside the child's bedroom. But with a bigger budget, Münnich is aiming for higher production values, and to make the world more interactive. "[In Supraland], most objects are just normal big objects scaled down. In Supraland 2 you will really be surrounded by real-world objects…that have their actual purpose. Think of a giant match box, and you hold a giant match in your hands and scratch it over the side of the box to get fire. I hope to have the world filled with these kinds of things."

He wants to beef up combat, which feels undercooked in Supraland. He wants a system in which difficult enemies bar your progress, and can only been defeated after you've found certain abilities by searching secret areas. "Right now, combat is actually pointless—you can die your way through the game because dying doesn't matter. I want… not quite like bosses, but rooms where you have to beat enemies and it will be quite hard unless you get a lot of secrets and upgrade your stuff properly."

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-first-p...came-a-hit-and-whats-in-store-for-the-sequel/

I am so happy that this game is success. It is one of the best puzzle games in past 5+ years if not the best one.

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I've never heard of this game but I'm gonna check it out, looks cool!

AvernOffset

May 6, 2018
This is awesome to hear and a well-deserved success! Supraland is kind of rough around the edges, but the puzzles are incredibly good. A more ambitious sequel with better combat (and better jump height) sounds fantastic.

Manzoli

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Well deserved, it's a wonderful game! Sold my notebook halfway through unfortunately, will finish when I can get a new one

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
GMG still has a sale going on I believe. Not quite as good as the original sale but still over 20 percent off.