• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The worrying thing about someone picking it up, is that this is a lot of extra work for companies who want to make a deal. Usually the more people/groups attached to a project, the less likely it is to go elsewhere, as the more people have to sign off on it - especially if they want the back catalog

P0pWUpt.png

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
New to the Venture production cycle, huh?

Truth be told, while I'm sure that AS would prefer if Rick and Morty was a little bit faster than it was, that at least has had a massive impact on pop culture since it debuted, gets huge ratings for the network and fills the slot of a big prestige show for the network, on top of at least being consistent about having a new season once every two years.
thanks for the condescension, but not at all. that seems prolonged even given the usual ~2.5 year gap between seasons

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I've been an ardent fan for 12 years. This hurts. One of the few shows I actively followed, animated or otherwise.

Hopefully they'd make a deal between WB and Netflix to finish the series, but I'm not optimistic.

thanks for the condescension, but not at all. that seems prolonged even given the usual ~2.5 year gap between seasons
Honestly, I figured that any reason season 8 would take longer than they normally take was that it was probably going to be written in a way where they could end it all if they didn't get picked up for at least one more season. I can't imagine that they didn't anticipate at least that possibility when it got renewed, so this had to be extra devastating.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
New to the Venture production cycle, huh?

Truth be told, while I'm sure that AS would prefer if Rick and Morty was a little bit faster than it was, that at least has had a massive impact on pop culture since it debuted, gets huge ratings for the network and fills the slot of a big prestige show for the network, on top of at least being consistent about having a new season once every two years.
Yup, Rick & Morty gets vastly better ratings and buzz too.
VB was lucky as hell that they had a corporate cheerleader like Lazzo around for as long as he was. (Despite his awful shittiness elsewhere) Because any other network would've canned this show a long time ago.
Much as I love it, Venture Bros was never a money maker and CN/AS finally realized that. Sad, but it is what it is.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
No Venture Bros anymore. Why even live?

OP
OP
Mary Celeste

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
Season 8 was taking longer because Doc had some sort of back problem that forced him to relearn how to walk. That they canned it years after he struggled to get better as fast as possible to continue working on the show is just so fucked

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Well that's shit.

They didn't even do a press release? They either made them wait or no one wanted to say? They did it mid production!? What the fuck, Adult Swim?

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Are the same people in charge now that refused to let Metalocalypse be revived? I thought VB was cancelled likely because of Lazzo leaving.

Hopefully fan outcry can get some sort of wrap up going. It's not a 'cheap' show but if Community can get a movie...

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This reminds me of when SyFy cancelled Farscape after Season 4, when they had already announced that the show had been renewed for Season 5.

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly seeing how much more anime focused it feels like the network is getting, along with a lot of Adult Swim/Cartoon Network's original programs ending this past year (We Bare Bears, OK KO, Steven Universe, this) or moving to other places (Infinity Train), I can imagine them starting to do more anime re-runs, especially after Disney takes away Bob's Burgers & Family Guy from them.

Still the worst news though...

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Metalocalypse was on Lazzo's watch.

So if Lazzo is the reason it wasn't revived AND his passing is the reason VB was cancelled... wouldn't that mean there's been a substantial enough leadership change the VB could get a true finale?

I'm not sure Netflix is particularly best place for adult animation that's not produced in Japan or tied to a big video game IP. Pretty much everything is done or cancelled at this point on the service, isn't it?

I'm not sure that necessarily matters if all we want is a wrap up movie/season.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Metalocalypse was on Lazzo's watch.
Yeah that's my only hope. Lazzo sucked but he kept Venture going, but maybe the new management is just cutting Venture for financial reasons and would be okay selling off the rights to a network that cares/wants it. Like, they wouldn't be a weird spiteful asshole about it like Lazzo was.

So if Lazzo is the reason it wasn't revived AND his passing is the reason VB was cancelled... wouldn't that mean there's been a substantial enough leadership change the VB could get a true finale?
Lazzo was the show's biggest champion, which would imply that there really wasn't anyone else who felt that way once he left. Stranger stuff has happened, but I think that the production cycle of Venture being a known quantity is enough to keep folks away from the property.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Yeah that's my only hope. Lazzo sucked but he kept Venture going, but maybe the new management is just cutting Venture for financial reasons and would be okay selling off the rights to a network that cares/wants it. Like, they wouldn't be a weird spiteful asshole about it like Lazzo was.

If all they care about is $$$, then hopefully they will see free money from someone wanting to produce more.

Oct 27, 2017
By the way, y'all should watch Mao Mao. Titmouse also works on it, and the main (joke) villain is The Monarch but instead he's a snake using an orangutan's body to move (same VA too).

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe it's ending like this. I don't care who, hell apple+ buy the rights so we can get more Team Venture.

We never got much of the Order of the Triad last season. 😭

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What's really weird is that they were like 7 episodes away from the coveted 88 episode milestone that makes a show viable for syndication, so I wouldn't see why they wouldn't approve at least one more season to get it over the line and get that sweet, sweet syndication cash.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
What major plot lines were there left to wrap up? The biggest one I can think of was the mystery of Hank and Dean's mother. And what was going to happen to Hank after he started to distance himself from the family at the end of season seven.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
What major plot lines were there left to wrap up? The biggest one I can think of was the mystery of Hank and Dean's mother. And what was going to happen to Hank after he started to distance himself from the family at the end of season seven.
Those 2 and closure to the Rusty Monarch stuff

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Those 2 and closure to the Rusty Monarch stuff

I'm actually pretty satisfied with what we got from them. I'm glad they finally went into the connection between them.

One other thing I would have liked to have resolved was what happened to the original Rusty. Why did Jonas have to clone him? Was there an original Rusty or was he a clone of Jonas all along? Was Jonas planning to hijack Rusty's body all along when he got older?

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018

Ignoring reveals, the last bits we see of Dean and Hank show huge swings in their potential character arcs worth exploring.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why the mods closed the confirmation thread considering New News means New Thread but...

Why would you cancel your profitable and most critically acclaimed series? Even other cancelled series are at least moving to HBO Max