• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ninnanuam

Nov 24, 2017
I'm really close to water both ocean and river and I don't have to use a major road to get to them. If it happens when I am home I'll break for the water.

If I'm at work I think I might be fucked.

Oct 25, 2017
I live right next to a college campus. I might be able to make it to the freeway, but traffic can get pretty rough here, and panic wouldn't help. I would probably die

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Kill myself rather than getting eaten or having to have a super-stressful few days of panicking and trying to escape only to get eaten. Quick and easy.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I'm in Minneapolis, getting anywhere by car would be a cluster fuck.

Thankfully, if it happened now, the 2ft of snow we have would make it hard for said zombies to move.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Live on a lake, have 2 years supply of food/water in the house. It is tucked away in a nice, private suburb with lots of space between the houses. I would do ok if I just hunkered down (I think).

The one weak point of the house, and it is a big one, is the entire backside is French doors. But I would just destroy the deck back there and no zombies could get up to the doors I guess.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I'll most likely eventually become a zombie soon enough. Have very little physical strength, no self defense training whatsoever, no money/car to try and flee and limited means elsewhere. I'd probably just hug my 2 cats, tell them I love them, leave a bunch of food out for them and accept my eventual fate.

Plus I drink 10 cups of tap water daily so if the incident is like Racoon City id already have been infected long before everything is in chaos as infected rats contaminating the drinking water is how Racoon City outbreak started anyway.
Serious question: if you boil the tap water would it kill the t virus so you could drink it? I've missed several of the re games and I don't remember this coming up in the movies.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And what's a Gigantes?
This is a gigante. They're not the result of a virus though so they wouldn't be present.

custom69c1832e602a4b77-640x360.jpeg

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
I'll go to the roof of my building, barricade the entrance and try to make survive there. If things get too intense, i'll just jump off.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If it's just normal zombies I think I have a chance. Throw in hunters, lickers, and tyrants then I'm absolutely fucked.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
I'm doomed, the police force in my city is a joke and nothing works properly.
Also if my dog turns into a zombie i probably don't have the strenght to put him down...

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Here in Philly im fucked, but if i was in Puerto Rico id be set.

My family lives in a increidbly empty section of a small town in PR and they already raise their own foods and own cattle so all that would be left is to check the neighberhood for any zombies before they jump us. Which would be like maybe 20 at most.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Id be ok but stuck

Would be quite difficult to make it to my car and attempt to flee to safety.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Fucked.

I have no realistic survival skills. Zombies could easily get into my house. I don't carry firearms or any thing that could defend myself against even a well fed zombie. I also have an infant daughter and wife which are my primary concerns. We'd all be dead or.zombie food.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Paris. Not a lot of guns laying around. We'll have to defend ourselves with Chef knives and a shit ton of insults.

Oct 27, 2017
Here in Philly im fucked, but if i was in Puerto Rico id be set.

My family lives in a increidbly empty section of a small town in PR and they already raise their own foods and own cattle so all that would be left is to check the neighberhood for any zombies before they jump us. Which would be like maybe 20 at most.
Philly has ole ty of abandoned old schools & factories that can be used as bunkers and also their is the naval yard with the old ships. Climb onto one of those and just chill

BumbaT BrowN

Oct 27, 2017
What kind of zombies? What's their skill level? Re1 itchy tasty, wwz zombie ladders, left 4 dead? All depends on the scenario but will go to river and start paddling, find a bigger boat. And start getting supplies for the trip to tasmania

Evo Shandor

Oct 29, 2017
If my wife and I could get out of the city, we would be fine by going to our family cottage where there are guns, bows, and crossbows and access to boats. I have some experience with hunting so I think we would be alright as long as we can get out of the city.

Kaiser Swayze

Oct 30, 2017
I'm fucked. I might have a slim chance if I can buddy up as the bumbling sidekick to whomever the local badass may be. I'm not too proud to be the Rob Schneider to someone else's Stallone.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Chances are...okay. I live on the outskirts of town, in the sticks. We have well water, so no worries about the utility shutting down. We have a generator with a good bit of reserve gas already; not enough gas to live like kings, but enough to run the water system and charge the phones once a day or so, if used sparingly. We have maybe 2 months worth of food in the freezers if we ration well. I also have a handgun, but truth be told, I am low on ammunition at this particular point in time (haven't been target shooting in a while). All else fails, the axe, sledgehammer, and chainsaw in the garage will work.

I'm not that poster, but sure it is, depending on the home situation. I don't have kids, kids rarely come to our house, and we don't often host events with multiple people. So, mine is kept in its case (no lock) in the closet. Nothing unsafe about it. When my wife and I DO host events that will have kids and/or lots of heads, I stow it in a safer place, just in case.

Retsudo

Oct 28, 2017
If movies have taught me anything, is that the military will just kill everyone to try to contain the spread of disease. So, i'd think twice about going to any military base like some people suggested here already.

If i was at my parents, id make it for awhile, weapons and food supplies are abundant and i would last a long time there. If im at home, then i'm as dead as that gif.

Oct 28, 2017
I live one street from the city centre boundary of my city. Would very likely be fucked but plenty of shopping centres nearby that would be fortified by many of Scotland's exuberant young teams.

Disturbing-photo-of-weapon-wielding-gang-of-teenagers-goes-viral.jpg

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Zombie fiction really overstates how threatening they are.

It never makes sense that military wouldn't roll over them with ease. I've read the excrept of that battle from WWZ books and it sounded like the author really downrplayed how powerful modern military grade weaponry is versus a human body, in addition to writing military like morons.

Mavis

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Mountains
I live on a mountain with one road in and another out, it would be easy to block off, there is also a big wide river between us and the nearest City, only 2 viable crossing points both of which would be easy to block or destroy. If they do make it up here then we have millions of Acres of bush to hide in, though the snakes and spiders would probably kill us then... or the T-virus infected mutated Funnel-Webs. Fuck it, I'd just end it.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Sep 7, 2018
Why you throwing Tyrants in there. Aren't standard zombies enough? Not to mention there will be those zombie dogs, birds, and spiders too.

PoppaBK

Oct 27, 2017
Chances are...okay. I live on the outskirts of town, in the sticks. We have well water, so no worries about the utility shutting down. We have a generator with a good bit of reserve gas already; not enough gas to live like kings, but enough to run the water system and charge the phones once a day or so, if used sparingly. We have maybe 2 months worth of food in the freezers if we ration well. I also have a handgun, but truth be told, I am low on ammunition at this particular point in time (haven't been target shooting in a while). All else fails, the axe, sledgehammer, and chainsaw in the garage will work.
Pretty similar situation, except I have kids and a disabled person to take care of. But if animals are infected I am fucked day 1, deer, squirrels, raccoons, turkey buzzards, bats - one way or another I am getting zombified.

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
I live on the coast about half a mile from the harbour first thing I would is try and grab a boat and get gone.

On foot, I would be screwed, unlike the US, guns are super rare here and my disabilities means I wouldn't get far. But is a small town and there are woods nearby I could reach, but getting would be tricky.

So my only option would probably be barricade myself in my house and hold out as long as possible.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
Are we talking like some of the movies fast zombies, or like the games slow zombies? If slow, id be fine, I am on a separate water system then the city, I live about 20 minutes from the city, and I always stock on food. I only have one neighbor so I should be able to manage making sure if they are or aren't infected.