• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which potion would you take, if any?

• Xavier 1: 180 iq for paraplegia.

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Clark V0.99: Strength and speed of a bear for agoraphobia.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • The Banner: Strength of a gorilla for rage fits.

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Logan XP: Health and longevity for Amnesia

Votes: 68 36.4%
  • Nope. Trade offs are too high.

Votes: 40 21.4%
  • None, powers are too weak.

Votes: 37 19.8%

• Total voters

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
So, a mad scientist has crafted a set of potions that will give a super power to whoever drinks them and its looking for tests subjects. However, these potions have serious side effects.

The potions are:
  • Xavier 1: Power: super intelligence equivalent to 180 IQ. Side Effect: Paralysis of the lower part of your body.
  • Clark V0.99 : Power: Speed and Strength of a bear (2.5 to 5 times as strong as a person and 56kmph dash). Side Effect: Agoraphobia.
  • The Banner: Power: Strength of a silver back gorilla ( 4 to 9 times the strength of a human). Side Effect: Intermittent explosive disorder: explosive outbursts of anger and/or violence, often to the point of rage, that are disproportionate to the situation at hand.
  • Logan XP: Power: Health and longevity: a perfected immune system would make you immune to all diseases and will also heal wound faster. Side effect: Amnesia, you will forget all the that happened before the day you took the potion.
So, would take it Era? And Which?

Last edited:

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
912680_original.jpg

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
Clark V0.99 : Power: Speed and Strength of a bear (2.5 to 5 times as strong as a person and 56kmph dash). Side Effect: Agoraphobia.

No problem here. I'm introverted and spend most of my leisure time indoors anyway. It's why the lockdown didn't hurt me that much.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
We're getting to the point where lower body paralysis isn't as detrimental as it once was. It would be tempting for 180 IQ.

Then again, being that smart is probably a curse on its own, so maybe not.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll take Logan XP for the amnesia power. The health and longevity is a nice side effect

GaymerPerson

Aug 16, 2020
Well since i already have rage fits and I am so weak that my middle school nickname was Beanie Boy because my skininess resembled that of a green bean, I'd take super strength.

GraphicViolets

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
None of the powers are all that interesting to me but the agoraphobia and amnesia aren't that bad considering where im at rn so one of those two

A better trade in my mind would be amnesia for shapeshifting.

Last edited:

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
But agoraphobia is treatable. Can it be treated like the real condition, or is it a permanent debuff? If not, then none of these are worth it.

Also, please read about the Sentry, OP. Power of a million exploding suns/god, but dangerously mentally ill!

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bears are way stronger than Gorillas. What kinda weak ass bear is that?

These powers kinda suck though.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I want Telekinesis but the trade off is I can only use it on chairs. I will be the savior of the city. They'll call me.... Chairman of the Board

thermopyle

Nov 8, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Amnesia sucks but it's not like you can't relearn things about your life or reforge your old relationships. Sure it won't be the same but fuck it, I've got a long healthy life to work on it.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
These power sets suck. Most appealing one is 180 IQ, but I'd rather not be paralyzed from the waist down. Think I'll just stay my normal boring self.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
I'd be Wolverine/Logan in a heartbeat.

Edit: wait I didn't realize my brain would be totally wiped lol

Mar 30, 2019
Pff, what do I need any of these powers for? Give me laser vision and I'm doomed to always wear shades/see red only.

Actually, scratch that. I'm good as is I think.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
The thing I never get about hypotheticals involving amnesia - does that include things you've learned? Like how to speak or write languages or basic human interaction skills?

If I get to retain basic life skills and just forget the events leading me to this point in my life I'd say hit me up with that wolverine juice.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If the amnesia is only memories of events and people and not basic functions like tying my shoes or riding a bike, I'd go Logan in a heartbeat. Longer, healthier life? Fuck yeah. I have more bad memories than good, anyway.

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
Those powers are nowhere near useful enough for the huge tradeoffs. The only one potentially worth it is the Wolverine one, and even then it depends on the person and their life

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
So there is this crazy ass Warren Ellis comic called No Hero where the antagonist takes an experimental drug called FX 7 that gives him superpowers, but at a terrible cost...his flesh tears away grotesquely, and he has to hide inside a full body suit.

It's a pretty trippy comic book. Your thread title reminded me of it.

no-hero-int.jpg

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
If I have time to prepare, I'd take Logans powerset.

Trading my memories for basically immortality is a high cost, but I'm down.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I'll take just the Amnesia part, thank you very much!