• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

Coronavirus: ‘Supernatural’ Shuts Down Production On Final Season, ‘The 100’ Will Try To Finish Series Finale

CW The final seasons of two popular CW series, Supernatural and The 100, have been caught in the logistical nightmare created by the sweeping coronavirus pandemic. After lengthy deliberations, a decision was made Friday afternoon to suspend production on Supernatural in the interest of the...

After lengthy deliberations, a decision was made Friday afternoon to suspend production on Supernatural in the interest of the safety of cast and crew, I hear. It was the right call in the situation, which comes with just a couple of weeks left to film from Supernatural's 15th and final season.

Fellow departing CW drama series, The 100, is filming its series finale. I hear it has just a couple of days left next week, and the producers will try to finish the series before sending everyone home. In addition to providing a final chapter for the post-apocalyptic series, Season 7 of The 100 includes a backdoor pilot fore a potential prequel series.

Better for the safety of all involved. I'm genuinely curious about a 100 prequel...

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It would be the most fitting thing in the world if The 100 could not finish filming its final episode because of an apocalyptic virus.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
i legit thought series like SPN, when they started airing, were finished already. shows how much i knew. i'm imagining there's a buffer of eps, but still....

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
I remember when I watched up to season 4 of the 100 that Clarke was such a savage murderer lol.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if after 75 seasons, Supernatural was forced to end without a series finale.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
by the way people dont sleep on The 100

Season 1 starts off weak but gets pretty good, but season 2 is literally some of the best television ever and from then on it fluctuates between good and great

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
Episodes typically air about 3 weeks after they're shot. Sounds like they were almost done though.
some friends clarified that to me after that post. still, thanks for clarifying that. really wasn't aware, and shows how badasses production teams of series are. that's a very short time for what some of these shows do.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some info on the 100: they were meant to go till Wednesday but since everything had to be shut down come monday they added an extra unit and tried to cram it all in to today (they don't usually shoot on Saturday at all). Probably a few compromises made as a result, but at least they got to finish.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If you enjoy recycled and mind numbing safe plots that go on for 10 years the CW has you covered.
I will triple your notifications and say The 100 is one of the more vicious and character killing shows on TV. Nothing safe about its plots either. Beloved characters have become genuinely hated by fans due to their storyline and actions, not because they're spinning their wheels. Its quite good.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I'm glad everyone is taking precautions but damn I hope this doesn't turn out like what happened with the writer's strike. That was some of the shittiest TV across every genre except late night talk shows.